Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's the best pathway to get good DPS on an Elf?

PandaninjaPandaninja
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited August 2, 2018 in Help
I'm returning to play after a really long hiatus. I have actual free time now for at least a month, and decided to try this game again. My Elf is a Bard/Alchemist/Mage. I still really like that combo but I've always had a bit of problem surviving from being so squishy, and I could do a nice burst of damage but would take a decade to recharge up everything.

I was wondering what I should branch into, or focus more on, to do better in combat. I've always liked the utilities that alchemy provided. I feel like I might stick with that, but if there are better options I think I'll switch to those! I remember back then, someone really inspired me with his puppetry + alchemy combos. And now there's a new chain slash talent, and I'm curious as to whether or not it's a good skill to branch into.

(overall, I know eventually in this game you can just master everything, but I also know there's a process to it. Where should I begin and go?)

Thanks so much everyone! I also have another quick question. Did they ever make even easier ways to get AP, or is it still the same as the weekly rebirth kinda thing?

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Chain does good damage and scales off of dex and luck so it works for elves.
    Int magic hits for a good 20k+ if you can get your int to 1200-1500, on top of doing like 12k firebolts.
    Other than that the fast DPS for an elf is most likely bows
    Dealing like 20k+ with magnum shot every .5-1 seconds however this takes a lot of work to get too.
    Pandaninja
  • PandaninjaPandaninja
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Chain does good damage and scales off of dex and luck so it works for elves.
    Int magic hits for a good 20k+ if you can get your int to 1200-1500, on top of doing like 12k firebolts.
    Other than that the fast DPS for an elf is most likely bows
    Dealing like 20k+ with magnum shot every .5-1 seconds however this takes a lot of work to get too.

Thank you so much! What should I slot in my secondary weapon slot? Should I keep Alchemy there to provide support, or should I do something like archery?

Actually, do people usually use just 2 weapons, or do most people use more than 2 and just switch weapons (within inventory) mid combat kinda thing?
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Regarding your AP question, there is one event going on right now that gives a free rebirth potion every weekend and another that gives more than enough coins to purchase the equivalent of an AP 50 potion every day. If you're looking for fast AP I suggest taking advantage of these events while they still last. Additionally, I suggest you pay a visit to Avalon Gate and try the Baltane Missions, in particular the missions Nowhere to Run and Gatekeeper. The monsters give high exp values which can be increased further by purchasing Baltane Crystals from Shuan. It isn't too difficult to reach level 100 or even level 150 in Elite Mode each weekly rebirth if you have good enough skills. Divine Link goes a long way.
    PolicromaPandaninja
  • PandaninjaPandaninja
    Caissa wrote: »
    Regarding your AP question, there is one event going on right now that gives a free rebirth potion every weekend and another that gives more than enough coins to purchase the equivalent of an AP 50 potion every day. If you're looking for fast AP I suggest taking advantage of these events while they still last. Additionally, I suggest you pay a visit to Avalon Gate and try the Baltane Missions, in particular the missions Nowhere to Run and Gatekeeper. The monsters give high exp values which can be increased further by purchasing Baltane Crystals from Shuan. It isn't too difficult to reach level 100 or even level 150 in Elite Mode each weekly rebirth if you have good enough skills. Divine Link goes a long way.

Thank you so much! That's extremely helpful. One more question I hope you don't mind: what is a good progression armor set/weapon set I should use? Like what should I use while still very beginner-ish, until I get enough to get better armor? Right now I think I'm wearing light armor (Camelle Spirit Armor), but I feel like there are probably way better ones. Thanks again!