Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question about the Karis Wizard set & its effect

PuffersPuffers
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited August 4, 2018 in Help
Hello friends! (o^▽^o) So, I recently got the Karis Wizard set (suit & shoes), giving me a total of 8 Mana Usage Reduction Increase. On the wiki page, it states that "status effects will only apply when the wearer has at least 10 points in that particular status from a combination of equipment." Does this mean that, until I equip another item that brings my mana usage reduction up to at least 10 points total, wearing the set will not give me any stat boosts/benefit me whatsoever?
At first I thought it just meant that I wouldn't get the "glow effect" but after rereading the page a few times, I think I got a little bit more confused. Thank you in advance (♡˙︶˙♡)

Comments

• IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 4, 2018
    Pretty much; this applies for all set effect bonuses, by the way. So you'll need to locate an enchant/piece of equipment with at least a +2 Mana Usage Reduction Increase bonus to receive the effect. The effect bonus will also appear as a status effect in the Character window too, so you can use that as a guideline for any set effects you're looking to utilize.
    JazmynPuffers
  • PuffersPuffers
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    IAAW wrote: »
    Pretty much; this applies for all set effect bonuses, by the way. So you'll need to locate an enchant/piece of equipment with at least a +2 Mana Usage Reduction Increase bonus to receive the effect. The effect bonus will also appear as a status effect in the Character window too, so you can use that as a guideline for any set effects you're looking to utilize.

I found a broad-brimmed feather hat to complete my set and got the mana reduction effect. Thank you! (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    As for another way to complete the effect, if the Karis Suit and Shoes are both tailored with the result being very high quality, each piece will get a bonus +1 to the Mana Usage Reduction, allowing you to wear just the suit and shoes while still getting a total of 10.

Many items like this that have Set bonuses have this "+1 bonus for very high quality" thing available to them, though not everything with a set effect can be crafted.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    What if you get a total of 20 mana reduction points? What happens then?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    What if you get a total of 20 mana reduction points? What happens then?

Nothing.

>10 is redundant.