Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Enchant recommendations for a mage

PuffersPuffers
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited August 6, 2018 in Help
Hello! I am finally trying to learn about the whole enchanting scene, and am now currently on the lookout for enchants. I am still not too familiar with how the whole enchanting process works, but if you have any *easily* obtainable enchant recommendations for a mage, please let me know. I am specifically looking for enchants for my magic clothes (Karis Wizard set) but recs for staff/wand enchants would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you everyone! (≧◡≦)

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited August 7, 2018
    You can add 'Bronzebreak' on Alexina if you wanna discuss it a bit more in-depth than I care to on the forums. Otherwise, I recommend the Wiki, assuming you have a focus on Magic Attack or Max Mana or likewise.
  • StrixVariaStrixVaria
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Beginner enchants from basic shadow runs are your friend for early enchant practice. Pick a trash accessory since some of those enchants only work on accessories, use a magic powder when using the beginner enchant scrolls to get skill credit for it, and always put them on the same accessory. Remember that using those beginner enchants personalizes items so you will not be able to trade or sell them later. People are always dropping those enchant scrolls. Also, find the fastest and easiest shadow run then spam it on basic mode.

If you have a free bag or pet with inventory space, save up all the little junk enchanted items that nobody wants at the end of dungeons and shadow missions and practice mage-burning them on Thursdays when you get the enchant bonus. Since these enchants do NOT have a 100% success rate, use an item that you don't mind being destroyed from failed attempts. Use even the bad enchants for skill practice. Don't forget to have plenty of mana herbs (Hopefully you have a small herb garden in your Homestead for this) and blessing potions (I find Kristell the Dunbarton priestess has the easiest blessing runs). You get a small bonus to mage-burning if you use better lumber to start the campfire. If you don't do carpentry, then Ascon the Port Cobh lighthouse keeper often gives better lumber for hand-crafting based part time jobs.
    Sherritakecarebecky