Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Pouch?

MirellineMirelline
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in Help
Hi,

I'm newbie here, just started playing today. I need some help if anyone can answer my questions below please:

1) I'm wondering what 'gold pouch' is? how do I get the coins counted into my inventory money? 2
2) Is there anyway I can retrieve an item once I dropped into the ground?
3) Is there any setting to auto-pick up the drops / loot items from monster instead of having to click the item one-by-one?
4) Where does people normally sell their items instead of through auction house? I mean, is there a particular city where everyone open stores? And is there any special skill needed to open store?
5) How do you see other people's current level? I tried to look at character information but it doesnt have that info >.<
6) What is the maximum/cap level in this game?
7) How many times can you rebirth and up to what level will it be free? Thank you

Sorry for the number of questions, just finding this game a bit hard to control / not too user friendly.

Thank you in advance for your time
Twelie

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hello, welcome to the game.
    This question should be in the help section, but here are some answers.
    1. A gold pouch is obtained at a general shop, takes 2x2 space and holds up to 10,000 gold. A big gold pouch also 2x2 holds 50,000. There are also different types of gold containers that can store gold up to 50,.000. 1 inventory space holds a max of 1,000 gold. Gold collected are automatically added when you pick up until full.
    2. Items that are dropped by monsters or you can be picked up when you click on it. Dropped items disappear after a certain amount of time, so be careful when you drop your own items. Some dropped items cannot be collected if they do not belong to you. Some loot that others have killed will be available for anyone to pick after a certain period of time.
    3. There are some items that can help you autopick certain items that were from events, but I'm not aware that there is an auto pick.
    4. Each city has a bank that has sells licences that can be used in town squares of that city or other designated regions. Your shop will be closed if you depart it, or you can assign a pet or buy a brownie from the bank to watch your shop. Licences in different towns have a different max limit. Fees are collected from the value of your items sold. If you disconnect or change channels, your shop will be closed. A brownie lasts 24 hours. Premium users can lease a house in housing areas and sell items from there as well.
    5. I believe other people's levels are either closed to others or players have set their info private.
    6 and 7. There is no level cap. Although you can rebirth and start leveling up from 0 again, your total cumulative level will not reset and will keep on adding. People rebirth to gain levels and AP more quickly. You have 1 free rebirth every week after you age up. Rebirth potions allow you to rebirth without having to wait a week.
    PuffersTheNyanCat
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    1) Gold Pouches are used to hold more Gold more easily.
    Normally gold only stacks up to 1,000 coins in a 1 by 1 inventory spot.
    2x2 regular Gold Pouch holds up to 10,000 coins
    2x2 Large Gold Pouch holds up to 50,000 coins
    There are other kinds, like Special Gold boxes that hold 50,000 coins in slightly smaller areas, but those are usually obtained from Events or Gachapons.
    If you don't use Gold Pouches, you'll quickly find your inventory run over with even a small amount of gold.

2) You should be able to just click on an item on the ground, if you drop it.
    Unless you have no room in your inventory, you should be able to pick it right back up.

3) Normally, you have to click to pick up all items. Not really any auto-loot.
    There are certain inventory bags called "Doll Bags" that can be used to summon tiny dolls that pick up Gold (or in special cases items like herbs, ores, etc) but most items would still have to be clicked to pick them up manually.

4) The popular market towns are Dunbarton and Belvast, with Belvast being the one where the most expensive stuff is sold.

5) You can't see other player's levels. They'd have to look at their own info and tell you themselves.

6) There isn't a level cap on cumulative level.
    Current levels cap out at 200 for Combat level and 50 for Exploration levels, but those are reset on Rebirths.

7) Rebirthing is always free, but it can take a different amount of time depending on circumstances.
    The most prominent is, if on your account you have never gotten ANY of your characters above Cumulative level 1,000, then you can Rebirth every day.
    After you've done that though, your rebirth timers are set to the normal timer of 6 days 1 hour.
    GretaTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You can use this Wiki for assistance as well, although not all information may be updated, but maybe 90% of all information is available here.
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/

There is also a simple beginner's guide on the main site as well.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/BeginnerGuide
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    2/3) If you hold Alt you will switch to an item collecting mode. It makes it easier to click on the items on the ground.

4) You will need both the license and a specialized bag in your inventory. The bag will unpack into your shop and any items you want to sell will need to be put into the shop bag. You also need to know which channel on your server people like to use for their marketplace. I recommend using the Auction House feature though. Using Auction House will let you view the recent price trends for the items you want to list so you are less likely to price your items too high or too low. As a new player, you may not know how much your merchandise is worth.

6/7) Even after you have spent AP ranking up every skill in the game to maximum, there are still things you can spend the AP on, like Echostone Awakening. And you can do it all as a free user.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    In regards to #4, find the selling channel on your server. You'll know it's the selling channel because there'll be a lot of people AFK in Dunbarton and also a lot of shops set up. I think a lot of servers have channel 1 as the shop channel, but I also remember there's one server that doesn't and has a different channel.