Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Support Puppets?

VampirePixyVampirePixy
Mabinogi Rep: 515
edited August 7, 2018 in Help
Can someone please tell me which of the support puppets actually show the correct dungeon orbs? ^^ The wiki only shows Yui and the Gremlin ones as being able to do it, but someone had said all of the newer support puppets come with that ability??? Thanks~

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I know that the Belisha puppet does not, but that Yui and the F/S N puppets all do.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Some Halloween support puppets also work.
  • VampirePixyVampirePixy
    What about the other support puppets? More specifically the gremlin, chick, etc.
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    The Snow Leopard does
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 7, 2018
    What about the other support puppets? More specifically the gremlin, chick, etc.

Yeah the "Ancient" ones do.
  • VampirePixyVampirePixy
    Greta wrote: »

I thought the only difference between the Ancient and regular was that the Ancients had an unlimited timer? Even on the Wiki, it shows the regular Gemlin support puppet as having this ability. I was curious about the chick because these seem to be the cheapest out of the "new" set of puppets. I was thinking about selling my Odd Eyed Belisha Support Puppet to get a Gremlin Support Puppet, but I just wanted confirmation on this first before switching.
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    The Gremlin, Peep chick, ice dragon and amulet, Ancient variant or not, show the correct dungeon orb. Only the non ancients have to be turned on/off.
    VampirePixy
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 8, 2018

I thought the only difference between the Ancient and regular was that the Ancients had an unlimited timer? Even on the Wiki, it shows the regular Gemlin support puppet as having this ability. I was curious about the chick because these seem to be the cheapest out of the "new" set of puppets. I was thinking about selling my Odd Eyed Belisha Support Puppet to get a Gremlin Support Puppet, but I just wanted confirmation on this first before switching.

Gremlin Flying Puppet = useless fashion item.
    Gremlin Support Puppet = Reveals dungeon paths, monster locations and correct orbs, also casts Magic Shields with random element. But like you said it has a timer of activation and you need to turn it on for it to work.
    Ancient Gremlin Support Puppet = same function as Gremlin Support Puppet, but it has no timer and no needed activation buttons to make it work.

Same thing goes with Pixie Fox, Peep Chick, Ice Dragon and Amulet Support Puppets. There are 3 version of these too.

Pretty much every puppet that has word "Support" give this reveal dungeon function.

VampirePixy
  • VampirePixyVampirePixy
    Thanks for all the help everyone! ^^ I ended up buying the Gremlin Support Puppet and this feature DOES work!

Also just to clarify for anyone else who happens to read this... And I only say this because of the post above...
    Pretty much every puppet that has word "Support" give this reveal dungeon function.

Odd Eye Belisha Support Puppet does NOT reveal dungeon orbs/marbles... I can verify this because I've had one for a few years now
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Thanks for all the help everyone! ^^ I ended up buying the Gremlin Support Puppet and this feature DOES work!

Also just to clarify for anyone else who happens to read this... And I only say this because of the post above...

Odd Eye Belisha Support Puppet does NOT reveal dungeon orbs/marbles... I can verify this because I've had one for a few years now

There are few Belisha Supprot Puppets and i heard that one of them doesn't have that feature. So i guess Odd-eyed one doesn't. Even one player was scammed once because of that lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited August 8, 2018
    Some Halloween support puppets also work.

I can confirm the Halloween Ghost Support Puppet does show the correct orb.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Unless they invented a new Belisha, as in different than the ones that originally came with the first Halloween Party Event gachapon, then none of the Belisha puppets show the correct dungeon orbs. So Belisha Support and Odd-Eye Belisha Support puppets don't show correct dungeons orbs.

I think every new Support Puppet after Yui has the correct-orb-showing ability, though.
    Only difference are the ones that have daily time limits and need to be activated and the ones that are just always on.

Part of me wishes they would just revamp those old Belisha puppets though.
    MizukiHayama
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    as long as they say "support puppet" they should show the orbs. if they don't have the word "support" in them then they are just for looks. the only exception I know of is the belisha support puppets. None of those reveal correct orbs, but the odd-eye belisha does reveal dungeon maps though
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »
    as long as they say "support puppet" they should show the orbs. if they don't have the word "support" in them then they are just for looks. the only exception I know of is the belisha support puppets. None of those reveal correct orbs, but the odd-eye belisha does reveal dungeon maps though

Regular support belisha shows dungeon maps and shadow mission orb locations, same as Odd-Eye Support, but yeah neither of them reveal the correct dungeon orb.
    No sparkles on any orbs.

Poor Belisha.