Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rua's House is My House Now

Comments

• KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Dilys has a new patient, patient insisted on bringing his waifu and own bed

9159c366f2.png
    GretaMizukiHayama
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I like to see creativity like this in-game. In fact, I almost didn't even notice her brother's bed there. Wonderful work. :)
    Rua's brother has been sick for over 10 years now. Devcat, get him out of bed by g22. Then mabi just mabi, Rua can have a normal schedule!

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

it is possible to actually do that. Duncan had a friend once that could not walk and she became a dark knight allowing her to walk again.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=a8v2pHl1lgc

at 2:06 in the video she says she wanted to walk again confirming that she was paralyzed at some point and could not walk until she became a dark knight. the same could happen for Rua's brother if he chose the path of dark knight as well.

Depends. How exactly is he paralyzed?

I think it was mentioned that her brother actually has a chronic illness and Rua works to pay for his medical treatments. In a surprising show of sympathy for "I drug women into slaves" Lucas lets Rua work when she needs to so she can take care of her brother on off time. The suits of armor in her house are gifts from people she meets at the pub when they try to court her. As for using the power of the Dark Knight to heal him, as Duncan's past shows, it comes at a price. When Duncan finds her after her transformation, she's surrounded by the corpses of Knights, and the only she could say was "I just wanted to walk again".
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Wow, it's really impressive that you can fit that bed into some of these houses!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I like to see creativity like this in-game. In fact, I almost didn't even notice her brother's bed there. Wonderful work. :)
    Rua's brother has been sick for over 10 years now. Devcat, get him out of bed by g22. Then mabi just mabi, Rua can have a normal schedule!

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

it is possible to actually do that. Duncan had a friend once that could not walk and she became a dark knight allowing her to walk again.

at 2:06 in the video she says she wanted to walk again confirming that she was paralyzed at some point and could not walk until she became a dark knight. the same could happen for Rua's brother if he chose the path of dark knight as well.

I think it was mentioned that her brother actually has a chronic illness and Rua works to pay for his medical treatments. In a surprising show of sympathy for "I drug women into slaves" Lucas lets Rua work when she needs to so she can take care of her brother on off time. The suits of armor in her house are gifts from people she meets at the pub when they try to court her. As for using the power of the Dark Knight to heal him, as Duncan's past shows, it comes at a price. When Duncan finds her after her transformation, she's surrounded by the corpses of Knights, and the only she could say was "I just wanted to walk again".

I assumed that if it was full body paralysis, then one couldn't make the deal to be a dark knight, since, you know...full body. Maybe needing to say yes. That sort of thing.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

I assumed that if it was full body paralysis, then one couldn't make the deal to be a dark knight, since, you know...full body. Maybe needing to say yes. That sort of thing.

Well he actually could be healed by becoming a Dark Knight. The DK "armor" is described as something similar in nature to the symbiote from Spider-man and merging with it grants you super human abilities and restores/heals any lost functions. The only problem is that it supposedly whispers you to commit atrocities constantly so a person would gradually be warped to do evil, unless they have sufficient willpower to overcome it. There's an in-game novel that describes a researcher going mad from just dealing with a mere fragment of the armor so I can't exactly say its healthy to give Rua's brother something like that.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

Well he actually could be healed by becoming a Dark Knight. The DK "armor" is described as something similar in nature to the symbiote from Spider-man and merging with it grants you super human abilities and restores/heals any lost functions. The only problem is that it supposedly whispers you to commit atrocities constantly so a person would gradually be warped to do evil, unless they have sufficient willpower to overcome it. There's an in-game novel that describes a researcher going mad from just dealing with a mere fragment of the armor so I can't exactly say its healthy to give Rua's brother something like that.

Reincarnate Ruairi's soul in him?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    edited August 13, 2018

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

There's a special place in hell waiting for you.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Emeris wrote: »
    Wow, it's really impressive that you can fit that bed into some of these houses!

Indeed. I did try to do Duncan's house but sadly did not have much luck in that department :/

I do want to try the Inn though.

He's paralyzed, though.

Unparalyze him.

There's a special place in hell waiting for you.

Wai
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810

Which novel would that be, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to read it myself.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Fairyvoice wrote: »
    Which novel would that be, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to read it myself.

I believe that novel would be Dark Knights and the Armor of Blackness.
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810

Thank you! :)
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

Yeah, that's the book you get when you do the DK quest line as a human. A bit of outside lore, but in Vindictus the Dark Knight is STILL an agent of the humans working alongside the Paladins and having the same goal. This book states that the DK is to the Fomors what the Paladin is to the humans which contradicts what Vindictus reveals them to be so either at some point the DK turned on humans or they suffered a massive PR disaster. In Vindictus the path of the Paladin and the DK differ on their choice of methods to obtain their goal, to bring about paradise. The Paladin chooses to save and protect as many people along the way, and will do so no matter how much longer it takes to reach it. The DK on the other hand treat everything else as secondary, all choices are to further the goal, be it sacrificing lives, or doing dirty work. It's a bit of interesting lore, with the connection to Vindictus adding a bit of flavor to it.
    edited August 14, 2018

Yeah, that's the book you get when you do the DK quest line as a human. A bit of outside lore, but in Vindictus the Dark Knight is STILL an agent of the humans working alongside the Paladins and having the same goal. This book states that the DK is to the Fomors what the Paladin is to the humans which contradicts what Vindictus reveals them to be so either at some point the DK turned on humans or they suffered a massive PR disaster. In Vindictus the path of the Paladin and the DK differ on their choice of methods to obtain their goal, to bring about paradise. The Paladin chooses to save and protect as many people along the way, and will do so no matter how much longer it takes to reach it. The DK on the other hand treat everything else as secondary, all choices are to further the goal, be it sacrificing lives, or doing dirty work. It's a bit of interesting lore, with the connection to Vindictus adding a bit of flavor to it.

The decision is made in a level 40 quest, where one is given the choice to spare Gallagher or kill him by Nyle, a member of a secret order. It should be noted that Cichol himself hasn't begun to exist, when the current god of Fomors is the dragon Elchulus.

Morrighan may or may not have existed, but once she is brought into the picture, so does a certain someone become Cichol to oppose her.

Of course, this is Vindictus, where the Glas Ghaibhleann we all knew and love became a four armed blue skin man in his "true form".

800px-Lord_Glas_Ghaibhleann_%28Enemy%29.png?version=4eabbe065f8bf4e35a8da0360a8ed2f9
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

The decision is made in a level 40 quest, where one is given the choice to spare Gallagher or kill him by Nyle, a member of a secret order. It should be noted that Cichol himself hasn't begun to exist, when the current god of Fomors is the dragon Elchulus.

Morrighan may or may not have existed, but once she is brought into the picture, so does a certain someone become Cichol to oppose her.

Of course, this is Vindictus, where the Glas Ghaibhleann we all knew and love became a four armed blue skin man in his "true form".

800px-Lord_Glas_Ghaibhleann_%28Enemy%29.png?version=4eabbe065f8bf4e35a8da0360a8ed2f9

I think Morrighan's been mentioned in the lore of Vindictus already before she manifested in the world proper. Cichol is a strange case in that both Vindictus and Mabi have their own origins for him. Though they show them at different stages of their lives my personal theory is that Morrighan and Cichol have both existed as Gods since the beginning of time. Their divine forms (as I call them) are the child-like forms we see in the Mabi flashback, and those are the forms they actually are in during the Vindictus timeline. However, after using mortals to manifest in the world, they assume their adult bodies and those are the forms we are now familiar with and interact with. We know that Cichol helped Morrighan in building the soul stream while still in those child-like bodies, so the timeline does mesh up with Vindictus if we assume that at that time the soul stream was just completed and Morrighan intends on using it to transfer humans to Tir Na Nog, (remember Erinn IS Tir Na Nog). Just a bit of personal theory.
    Stay on topic guys
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited August 14, 2018
    I thought devCat decided they'd keep Mabinogi and Vindictus as separate entities?

Either way, yes, indeed, kind of off-topic.

Let's see more pictures of the bed in different places? =D
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    I thought devCat decided they'd keep Mabinogi and Vindictus as separate entities?

Yes, I would very much like that. I'll mix it up a bit and show log in a forest however.

ebeb1eac3a.png

I think I have a better picture on my computer at home which I guess I'll show later.
    Kensamaofmari

I think Morrighan's been mentioned in the lore of Vindictus already before she manifested in the world proper. Cichol is a strange case in that both Vindictus and Mabi have their own origins for him. Though they show them at different stages of their lives my personal theory is that Morrighan and Cichol have both existed as Gods since the beginning of time. Their divine forms (as I call them) are the child-like forms we see in the Mabi flashback, and those are the forms they actually are in during the Vindictus timeline. However, after using mortals to manifest in the world, they assume their adult bodies and those are the forms we are now familiar with and interact with. We know that Cichol helped Morrighan in building the soul stream while still in those child-like bodies, so the timeline does mesh up with Vindictus if we assume that at that time the soul stream was just completed and Morrighan intends on using it to transfer humans to Tir Na Nog, (remember Erinn IS Tir Na Nog). Just a bit of personal theory.

Lugh is also a raid boss, and I am curious. (Though I have never played Vindictus to Ben Chenner Slope or Season 3)

Yes, I would very much like that. I'll mix it up a bit and show log in a forest however.

ebeb1eac3a.png

I think I have a better picture on my computer at home which I guess I'll show later.

Nice perspective.