Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

On Missing Hit Effects for Weapons Below Step 1

ConcerneConcerne
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited August 14, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
When attacking an opponent you will find that various types of hits effects are produced--most often, the familiar white halo of light when attacking with any old weapon. Go punch a fox or something, you'll see it. Beginning with the first upgrade step, attacks from weapons given special upgrades have glow corresponding to the colour of the upgrade type (i.e., red or blue).

Out of curiosity, I decided to see if the visual effect would persist if a special upgrade failed several times, reducing the weapons upgrade level to below 1. Presumably, the red or blue glow would disappear after to this return to a "neutral" state and would only return when restored to level 1. I tried this with an SType weapon and observed that hit effects were gone altogether. As I suspected, there were no effects from the special upgrade, but the stock effects--for lack of a better term--were gone too.

r9n3oo.png

Note(s): Other than visual effects inherent to a particular skill, the stock effect was still missing. Also, crits don't make a difference.