Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Invalid ID at login

ChibickmonChibickmon
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support
Hey guys,
I've been having this recurring problem where I get "Invalid ID" after crashing from Mabi or just simply from reloggkng after ending the game. It would sometimes go back to normal after 5 or 10 minutes, but most of the time it would be an indefinite amount of time. The only fix I've found was a router reboot.
It sounds like a normal router/PC problem now, but the real issue lies in the fact that while I can't log into the account I crashed from (or logged off from to go to bed.. lol), I can log into my mules or friend's account without any problem. The login problem was only on that main account that was subjected to the crash.
This is the main reason why I don't think it's a router or PC issue. It feels like Nexon blocks my IP from accessing the account or something.

I've sent a ticket to Nexon but they're still trying to put the blame on my antivirus or firewall without reading the 2nd part :(
Anybody has an idea why this is happening and maybe how to fix it ? Rebooting my router every day isn't my preferred hobby and I'm not the only one using the Internet connection either. Thanks!

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Chibickmon

Your problem is likely a 'stale' login token (the tokens are account specific). rebooting the router would cause windows to delete such temp info because it then realizes it's not connected and such things would become invalid for use when reconnected. to manually remove stale temp info in your internet options you select to delete things such as temp internet files, cookies, etc.. (Control Panel - Network and Internet - Internet Options - click 'Delete' button in 'Browsing history' section under the 'General' tab).
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Usually when the client crashes the best option would be to close it out and restart it, at times run the verification process. The game client does get stuck so hopefully most of the issue is that.

Have you tried releasing and renewing your IP?
  • ChibickmonChibickmon
    Thank you guys for commenting!

@Ktty
    I'm not really knowledgeable about those things but wouldn't that prevent me from login into other accounts as well? The account I was on when I crashed is the only one not working (before having my reboot my router).
    I also tried deleting the cache, cookies on all of the browsers including IE but that didn't work either.

@asnscorpio

Yes I did! However the only fix I could get to work was netsh int reset and then reboot my PC, but nowadays only rebooting my router would get it to work.

The issue (when it happens before maintenance) is always resolved after the maintenance as well, without having to reboot my router.
  • KttyKtty
    Chibickmon wrote: »
    Thank you guys for commenting!

I'm not really knowledgeable about those things but wouldn't that prevent me from login into other accounts as well?

No it would not. If your not logged into an account the temp info is deleted upon logout. If your logged into an account when you crash, it can potentially not delete the temp info. I did forget to mention that it should be done after closing out the client and launcher (don't have either open when manually deleting the cache).

Also forgot to ask/mention.... Did this recently begin after an update/event start? If so it could simply be a glitch caused by it and will disappear after the end of the event (if due to an update should stop after next update but may not be corrected till after several updates). Unfortunately I have this same problem with a few reoccurring events and all you can do is wait till they're over for it to stop (if this is the reason for said glitch).
  • ChibickmonChibickmon
    @Ktty
    Glad to be learning new things every day!
    Can you tell me how do you clear that file?
    I have tried using CCleaner both in safe mode and at start up (without the client or launcher) but that didn't really help. Maybe I had to check more things in the options?

My problem started 1 month ago and persisted up until Tuesday (I haven't had the issue yet.. but I might have jinxed it). It happened randomly on a Saturday at 12am PST and I don't think any event started that week except the Caravan Joe ones (that ended long ago).

I'm also from France so I was wondering if that might be a factor too...
  • KttyKtty
    edited August 17, 2018
    Glad to be learning new things every day!
    Can you tell me how do you clear that file?
    You mean the cache? Cache = all the temporary files a program stores for operation and/or quick reference (to speed up things). I.E. cookies, login tokens, website data, etc... that's what that delete button I directed you to does.
    I'm also from France so I was wondering if that might be a factor too...
    Seriously doubt it. Although there are several ISPs in different places in Europe that were found to throttle connections to online games causing lag and random disconnects. Don't ask me which ones as I don't know, just that there are some that do over there (was confirmed by other EU Mabi players who then changed their ISP's).
    My problem started 1 month ago and persisted up until Tuesday (I haven't had the issue yet.. but I might have jinxed it). It happened randomly on a Saturday at 12am PST and I don't think any event started that week except the Caravan Joe ones (that ended long ago).
    Nope. Events start/stop on Thursdays.

Is your PC set to auto update? If so you should set it to just notify you of updates and let you decide when to download/install them. Many times updates cause problems with Mabi and waiting to install them after Nexon has created fixes for them helps a lot.

Adding exceptions for the game and launcher to DEP, Anti-virus, Firewall, Pop-up/ad blockers, etc... can also help prevent random disconnects (google is your friend for getting instructions on each of these if you need it) as well as denagleing your PC.

It's also possible that you do have something malicious on your PC causing the headache you have. Telling your Anti-virus to do a 'detailed' scan (not a quick scan) can help find it but unfortunately your at the mercy of those who update the definitions for it after they determine there's something that it wasn't detecting (meaning it may be a while if this is what's causing your problem).

Sorry I can't simply point out a specific quick solution to your problem but there are many things that can cause it. We simply start with the most common/likely reason for it.
  • ChibickmonChibickmon
    edited August 21, 2018
    @Ktty

Thanks for your advice. I'm going to try that next time it happens and update the post if it works.

My PC is not set on auto but on notify updates and I ran a thorough antivirus scan which didn't give me anything conclusive. I also denagled.
    I'm going to try checking my Firewall if anything is missing in there to see if it helps with random DC from Mabi.

Edit : Deleting browser history in the Control Panel while Nexon Launcher and Client are closed worked this morning until my client crashed again and it didn't work anymore :(
  • ChibickmonChibickmon
    Sorry for the double posting.

@Ktty

As stated above, I've tried to clear the cache with Client and Launcher closed. It worked the first time the Invalid ID error appeared after I logged off to go to sleep for ~6 hours.
    Now it seems not to be working anymore. Maybe I'm missing a step?
  • KttyKtty
    edited August 22, 2018
    ... Maybe I'm missing a step?

Doubt it. You seem to have a better clue of what your doing than you give yourself credit for. Only possibility I can think of is if you have IExplorer/Edge open when you delete it, it will prevent some things from being deleted (because it would be currently in use by the browser). At this point though it seems you may be in the boat I was in about 2 years ago (yes, I had the same problem your experiencing). was so bad for me I couldn't play but just socialize for something like 3 months until an update corrected the problem because everything would cause me to DC and get that error. I do hope it corrects sooner for you though :C