Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

XP Penalty/SM Mobs

ResoluteResolute
Mabinogi Rep: 310
edited August 13, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
XP penalty was supposed to originally apply to field mobs i thought. Even if not, it's still a major problem when you get end game, to have so many SM mobs at weak, as sure you can easily kill them, but the majority of SMs become entirely unrewarding unless you're running cp gear that at least shaves off 500+ cp.

Suggestion is either remove penalty or adjust SM mobs to not have it.
RudeCrow

Comments

• IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    CP restrictions in and of itself is an antiquated mechanic; players grow too powerful too quickly and skillsets still relying on CP-based training requirements are a pain in the neck to train as a result. It certainly doesn't help when those same CP mechanics tend to kill off your potential for drops, among other things. So yes, this is annoying to deal with and I wish it wasn't a thing.
    Jazmyn
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited August 14, 2018
    IAAW wrote: »
    CP restrictions in and of itself is an antiquated mechanic; players grow too powerful too quickly and skillsets still relying on CP-based training requirements are a pain in the neck to train as a result. It certainly doesn't help when those same CP mechanics tend to kill off your potential for drops, among other things. So yes, this is annoying to deal with and I wish it wasn't a thing.

I'm still questioning why they didn't just use the dungeon exp system in SMs. No matter your CP you will always get exp for kills on top of a multiplier than an equivalent field mob wouldn't get.
    RudeCrow