Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

the lag on my human is really bad

PreviouslifePreviouslife
Mabinogi Rep: 210
in Technical Support
I came back to the game two weeks ago and made an elf mage and had no problems then I made a human mage instead and it as been impossible to play the game since I did. Skills like ice bolt loading at different speeds sometimes normal speed sometimes faster the normal and most of the time slower the normal speed. All my spells have been loading like this where my elf nothing happened but like it should work. I'm getting killed because the enemy is lagging right in front of me and my spells will load like in a min or two and I get hit before they can and the enemy starts at normal distances for the spell but like teleports to right in front of me in seconds. I been playing this game since the start and I never had so many issues all at once that I can remember. It just seems weird that my elf has had no lag issues but as soon as I make an human all the lag in game starts and is now impossible to play. I thought it was my computer for a couple days so I reformatted my computer and still have the same issue. I am using windows 10 but I have been using windows 10 for my elf who has had no issues for two weeks. I'm also on the east coast and never had this issue before and like I keep saying my elf worked fine and still does just my human character lags like crazy. I don't know how to fix it me and my bf have done all we can from reformatting to fixing the internet connection. So it isn't on my end or if it is can someone offer help because i'm out of ideas other then quitting for good and moving on to other games that work. It just feels like they should have this fixed by now the first post I saw about it started in feb. it almost sept. I am not going to continue to support a game that don't work when there are 100's of games that do. I hope they can get it fixed.

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited August 15, 2018
    Is the lag a sort of a stutter? Check your in game settings for a setting called "Hide Quest Info". I had a human alt that was unplayable because of the lag that this setting caused, but once this setting was activated the lag instantly vanished.

iLtrPdk.png
    Previouslife
  • PreviouslifePreviouslife
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Thanks that really helped I searched for different things to fix it and that idea never came up thank you so much. You have been great help.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Thanks that really helped I searched for different things to fix it and that idea never came up thank you so much. You have been great help.

I'm glad Shoog's suggestion helped you. Once you complete some of the quests you have backed up on your character, you can check that box again and it wont lag you out anymore and you'll be able to see the quest information. :) I had this same thing happen to me.