Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Defeating the Ulgarms...

Comments

• Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Thanks for the advice.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 22, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    But it is true that listing useless skills for a RP mission is quite pointless.

Yeah we know captain obvious! But it's not obvious to them! XD

Or it is, and its all a plan to milk tears.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    SlugFiller wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late, what with the week being almost over, but I figured out a 100% way to defeat the Ulgrams. Since I've found this out, I haven't failed the mission even once.

What you need to do is, as soon the mission starts, run over the Deian's place (That's the shepherd in Tir). Move quickly. If you've done it quickly enough, you will win just as his hut (Barn? I'm not sure what that is) comes into view.

I've tested it myself, multiple times, and it works. I hope this is helpful to any of you who are still not done with the event this week.

Isn't it just faster to beat the jellies out of the Ulgarms?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited August 22, 2018
    it does work unless ur pc starts lagging and u end up entering when the ulgarms are already aggro on u
    i think the trick is to be as far as possible before the ulgarms gain aggro and spawn more
    if ur outside of the ulgarms detection radius they may not spawn more ulgarms
    or better they may not even gain aggro on subaru
    it sometimes happens in saga if ur too far from npc and enemies they sort of go idle or walk around each other
    and will only gain aggro when ur at a certain distance
    (happens sometimes on saga ep 3 where u have to lead giants from hillwen mine to vales)
    i dont know if that really is what is happening have to do more experimentation and research
    to figure out how it really works and take advantage of it if it is some sort of glitch
    So basically run out of range.
  • SlugFillerSlugFiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    The Ulgram don't spawn each other, they just respawn endlessly in waves. So it's impossible to simply kill all the Ulgrams. Even if you can kill a wave as quickly as it spawns, occasionally, a stronger (and tankier) Ulgram spawns that cannot be killed quickly. Fighting is too unpredictable, especially since the damage on Subaru is almost completely random (He could tank a hundred shots, or be killed in one). I could barely squeeze a 30% success rate out of fighting. This method is simply more reliable.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited August 22, 2018
    So it's impossible to simply kill all the Ulgrams. Even if you can kill a wave as quickly as it spawns, occasionally, a stronger (and tankier) Ulgram spawns that cannot be killed quickly. I could barely squeeze a 30% success rate out of fighting.

Really? I've beaten it almost every single time. If you get chain skills, you can just spam left click on the smaller mobs. When a bigger one spawns, use chain impale to kill it. If you get mobbed by them, chain sweep will help you kill them quickly.

If you get mage skills, load up ice spear and cast it just as they aggro, the splash will hit the next group of mobs and all you to spam it with 1 charge to get rid of the rest.

If you're super laggy then this might not work, but my personal success rate has been pretty high. Most runs they don't even hit Subaru once.
  • SlugFillerSlugFiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    I tried exactly that. And while the success rate with ice spear was a little better, there'd still be cases of Subaru being randomly hit once and dying, or the larger Ulgram just ignoring ice spear (Because it has AHS, because of course it does), attacking, and making it impossible to load or do anything.
    I just use normal attacks. And like someone suggested, the large ones don't do heavy damage. Just get rid of the small ones. Just need to use ctrl to target them. There was a couple times where I was waiting for the next wave (like 2-5 seconds).

If running to Deian deactivates it by running out of range, does running into Tir itself work as well?
    Twelie
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    We've already discussed this
    JazmynGreta
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 22, 2018
    I'm trying to figure out why it matters so much to people to instruct people how to complete it by attacking... If someone can complete it by running away, good for them... it takes the same amount of time regardless of how the mission is completed. Lol.

The OP's tip is definitely useful for those who have trouble with this. Let people take advantage of it and be happy for them.
    ShouKMizukiHayamaoffwithyourheadshappyx2055
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out why it matters so much to people to instruct people how to complete it by attacking... If someone can complete it by running away, good for them... it takes the same amount of time regardless of how the mission is completed. Lol.

The OP's tip is definitely useful for those who have trouble with this. Let people take advantage of it and be happy for them.

Whatever it takes to get it done, it doesn't matter.
    JazmynTwelie
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out why it matters so much to people to instruct people how to complete it by attacking... If someone can complete it by running away, good for them...

I mean, I agree, I just wanted to give my perspective to those who might want to complete it by engaging in combat. I didn't push or anything so I don't really understand this response.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Just tried it, completed 3 out of 4 tries. Thanks a bunch!
  • ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    This came up in another thread. Unless running in that specific direction causes them to stop spawning, you can just go as far as the nearby moongate and they will just sorta spawn and stand still. You'll fail if 35 of them spawn in at once, though. But if even a single Large/regular combo spawns, you won't hit that number before the minute is up.

Also the big ones only hit Subaru for 1, so they actually help if you leave them alone because they usually go nuts and toss him off and away from the crowd if you choose to fight instead.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    can u give us a vid? I'd prefer a visual demo.

I gave up this week. I'll retry this on the 4th week if it's easy to 1:1 this.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    100% range missing is still a thing in NA as well.
    So it's not just running to Deian, although that direction is more convenient.
    Last night, I ran up the west side up the fields towards the church and it worked.
    It works easier if you start with the 1 small 1 large ulgarm, you kill the small one so it doesnt attack Subaru and do him in.
    Run after killing it. I believe Rem has human speed.
    If the normal pack spawn appears just run and pray hoping aggro doesn't activate, because Subaru won't last. Or try to kill off some of the pack before aggro and run.
    The key point is running out of range will not spawn more ulgarms.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    The Ulgram don't spawn each other, they just respawn endlessly in waves. So it's impossible to simply kill all the Ulgrams. Even if you can kill a wave as quickly as it spawns, occasionally, a stronger (and tankier) Ulgram spawns that cannot be killed quickly. Fighting is too unpredictable, especially since the damage on Subaru is almost completely random (He could tank a hundred shots, or be killed in one). I could barely squeeze a 30% success rate out of fighting. This method is simply more reliable.

big dogs do very little damage so it's best to ignore them and let them aggro on subaru. Little ones are the ones you want to kill asap.
    FYI if you have metia collected from the past 2 weeks, you can still run them, but you just won't receive those metia this week.