Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Account Doesn't Exist?

MyraMyra
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Technical Support
Hello, my fiance tried to log into his account today and no matter what he does, he cannot log in. If he tries to reset his password, it says the account does not exist. He's unable to log onto Mabi and he has no notifications in his email in regards to what happened with his account. I still have his character name in my friends list as well. Both he and I are very confused and would like to know what's going on. I think I've read a post or two prior to this with the same issue, but saw no resolution. He had logged in fine as of two days ago. If anyone could shed some light on the issue, that would be great.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Myra wrote: »
    Hello, my fiance tried to log into his account today and no matter what he does, he cannot log in. ...

Is there an error? what specifically happens? Details are needed in order to possibly help out. Be as specific as possible and even post screenshots if appropriate (don't post anything with login name/password, etc... showing).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Was he trying during a maintenance? Did they try pasting rather than typing the user name AND password? Has the account ever been accessed before? Was someone already on it at the time? Was another version of the client already running when they tried?

That's all I can think of right now?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited August 27, 2018
    Post have been merged. Please do not spam pots.

Highly unlikely it would be maint on Monday.
    Copy pasting a lot of times could be an issue such as copying char for spacebar.
    Another version of client running would mean that Client is still running in task manager from a previous session, but that should not have an issue during login I believe.

This sounds similar to this topic
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/13311/cant-log-in

Also this is new info posted today.
    https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204533829-Having-an-issue-Repair-your-game-files-

Was surfing around on this issue, and the suggestion on Maplestory forum was to make a new account and submit a ticket in regards to the inaccessible account from there.
  • MyraMyra
    edited September 17, 2018
    Hey guys, so the ticket has been open for about a month now in regards to this issue and nexon is still investigating... but there were no errors, nothing. When he tried to log into the site, it said something to the effect of the email didn't exist or the id was invalid. He's been using that same email for a long time (years even) and at this point, we aren't 100% sure what's going on. :(

It happened shortly after the rezero collab had started. Wasn't during a maint or anything that I can recall.

He already tried clearing his cache and I had also tried on my desktop as well. Neither have worked sadly. It's just very odd lol... and I've heard small whispers of other people having a similar issue. I suppose all we can do now is wait for nexon to finish with the ticket.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Did he try to log in using the username? I know years ago, I used to have a username instead of an email address...
  • MyraMyra
    He tried both the username and email. The username said the email was set and to use it and then the email said 'Either this account doesn't exist or the password is incorrect. Please try again'. :( At this point due to the nature of the issue, I'm sure nexon has locked the account themselves to investigate, but it was still very strange.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    So, when doing a password reset....the email log-in doesn't exist? Does he have the prior emails from Nexon when he first made the account and activated it?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Is he trying to log in from steam, directly from Nexon Launcher or both have already been tried?
    He is unable to log on to website as well?

If he has already tried to log on via website to get reset or recovery info, please have him check all of his emails including junk sections.
  • IzzyTizzleIzzyTizzle
    Did you ever get this figured out?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow, what a hideous necro-bump.
This discussion has been closed.