Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Yo! Convince me plox!?

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 29, 2018
    On ruairi UBW appearance scrolls have dropped down under 10m actually. There's a guy selling a bunch and nobody buying lol Prior to that I'd seen them sell for almost 30m
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Kiruah wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.
    the problem is that "crossover" items will never really return.

Demand is a good factor too. SAO and Fate/Stay Night UBW stuff are dirt cheap for years now.

The good items aren't dirt cheap. UBW App scrolls start at like 20m.

Would cost dirt cheap if were given out easily as Puck right now.
  • ArbiterArbiter
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    1.) weebs. weebs really love this generic animu fare and will spend whatever to get it
    2.) whales inflate economy with Chinese gold and sellers know this, so post higher prices
    SherriTheOthic
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Arbiter wrote: »
    1.) weebs. weebs really love this generic animu fare and will spend whatever to get it
    2.) whales inflate economy with Chinese gold and sellers know this, so post higher prices

Collecting all Collab guds is a dream 4 me. But I'm not bankrupting myself for it. Still trying to reach legit multi-billionaire status atm 2.

Wouldn't a whale just spend their money on the gachas themselves? I'm never paying for 50m+ to finish one Re-zero set...lol. Just doesn't sit consciously well with me tho I can easily afford it. Especially, since I'm never wearing it. It's going straight into wardrobe once I get my hands on any. :/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Kiruah wrote: »
    wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.
    the problem is that "crossover" items will never really return.

Demand is a good factor too. SAO and Fate/Stay Night UBW stuff are dirt cheap for years now.

The good items aren't dirt cheap. UBW App scrolls start at like 20m.

That's cheap to some ppl unfortunately.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited August 29, 2018

Who are those people that consider it to be cheap O_O even though I can afford something like that, that's still a good amount of money I can't make back too quickly at all
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I know right? I just want a Felt outfit, that's all. I'm not spending 30m+ you *terrible language* whales.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited August 29, 2018
    People shouldn't hate the whales. They pay for the game. Not only that, but a lot of items wouldn't even make it out of gacha without them. Granted they charge a lot, that's really just because they want to recuperate some of the cost of buying gacha in the first place o3o

RfGrKFp.png

Thank you for all the lovely items I've managed to buy from you guys :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Imaizumi wrote: »

Who are those people that consider it to be cheap O_O even though I can afford something like that, that's still a good amount of money I can't make back too quickly at all

I just know someone on another server that has so much gold there's no where to put it.
  • RheyRhey
    Maia wrote: »
    Granted they charge a lot, that's really just because they want to recuperate some of the cost of buying gacha in the first place o3o

I don't wanna be that guy...but they'd need to take the unwanted "jackpot" items and do RWT with it if "Recouping" some of the cost is their aim. lol. In-game gold isn't gunna replace the 150$+ injected into gacha. I would know...I'm still out 20k+$$$ IRL tho I'm hundreds of mill richer ingame. :(

• TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    The thing is that some people do not handle money well (I'm one of them). Out of desperation or buyer's high they shell out ridiculous amounts of money which causes people to assume that they can get other people to pay that price, and thus leading to massively high prices. My recommendation is to let people tire themselves out and wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.

True for many items, but I do not think I ever saw a re-release of the crossover fashion items, even combat centered items like the SAO enchants didn't come until the cosmic enchants and these have worse rolls.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    TheOthic wrote: »
    The thing is that some people do not handle money well (I'm one of them). Out of desperation or buyer's high they shell out ridiculous amounts of money which causes people to assume that they can get other people to pay that price, and thus leading to massively high prices. My recommendation is to let people tire themselves out and wait for the re-release when everything will probably drop to 1/10th their price.

True for many items, but I do not think I ever saw a re-release of the crossover fashion items, even combat centered items like the SAO enchants didn't come until the cosmic enchants and these have worse rolls.

Yeah I wrote the last part half asleep and thinking I was replying to another topic. The unfortunate thing is that you're gonna have to compete with other people to obtain these items.
  • RheyRhey
    Yup being one-time release is the major factor in this salt pond about collabs.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Rhey wrote: »
    Why are Re:Zero outfits(Body_alone) going for 30m+?

BAD_Economy?Kawaii overload? 2Moe4me to understand? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% rates or sumthing?

Last but not least...25-30m for rem+ram boxes? and 10-15m for Rem but puck and Ram tanked to like 1-2m...How Sway? How?

Was inflation this bad or I'm just too out of the loop the whole time?

Don't get me started on that Rem Morning star...It better be a StaffxChainBlade OP SOB to justify dem being 10-12m prices. O_O!!!

I'll just gach on my own later if prices don't become 2 reasonable...but how R U general folks handling dis?

No other collab haz comes close to these insane prices(Non-meta_game power-creeps item) dat I can remember!

giphy.gif

morningstar is just a chainblade, nothing special about it

looks good compared to a cutt throat tho, sadly lesser stats
  • RheyRhey
    edited August 31, 2018
    Rhey wrote: »
    Why are Re:Zero outfits(Body_alone) going for 30m+?

BAD_Economy?Kawaii overload? 2Moe4me to understand? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% rates or sumthing?

Last but not least...25-30m for rem+ram boxes? and 10-15m for Rem but puck and Ram tanked to like 1-2m...How Sway? How?

Was inflation this bad or I'm just too out of the loop the whole time?

Don't get me started on that Rem Morning star...It better be a StaffxChainBlade OP SOB to justify dem being 10-12m prices. O_O!!!

I'll just gach on my own later if prices don't become 2 reasonable...but how R U general folks handling dis?

No other collab haz comes close to these insane prices(Non-meta_game power-creeps item) dat I can remember!

giphy.gif

morningstar is just a chainblade, nothing special about it

looks good compared to a cutt throat tho, sadly lesser stats
    latest?cb=20160613164426

So it's not even the "bad" kind of staff that can't even do inter magic?

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    All I know is that I was interested in the Beatrice dress. But then NA released another gacha before the Re:Zero crossover was over. The whales dropped the Re:Zero gacha and now the outfits from the crossover are effing sky high.

I am actually quite mad about this. I was waiting for the supply to go up and for the prices to go down. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they had to release this other gacha which for me the only thing I am barely interested in is the chainsaw and stances. But I am not going to even buy any of the stances because they don't do anything other than change your pose. Big whoop.
  • MaiaMaia
    Gaea wrote: »
    All I know is that I was interested in the Beatrice dress. But then NA released another gacha before the Re:Zero crossover was over. The whales dropped the Re:Zero gacha and now the outfits from the crossover are effing sky high.

I am actually quite mad about this. I was waiting for the supply to go up and for the prices to go down. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they had to release this other gacha which for me the only thing I am barely interested in is the chainsaw and stances. But I am not going to even buy any of the stances because they don't do anything other than change your pose. Big whoop.

To be fair, changing your pose with various weapons is probably about as significant as any cosmetic item in a gacha. They're both purely and entirely cosmetic. That's likely one reason why people were conflicted about which gacha to purchase. Stances, however, are new- entirely. The concept of special poses with your already crafted weapons hasn't really been done before. That likely caused people to favor the newer gacha. Furthermore, the assault gacha is spitting out stances (and other items) at a much better rate than re:zero. More supply + more demand = less risk for the same potential profit. In the end, I'm not surprised people jumped to the newer gacha. Honestly, they probably should've reversed the order of release or spaced them out.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Maia wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

To be fair, changing your pose with various weapons is probably about as significant as any cosmetic item in a gacha. They're both purely and entirely cosmetic. That's likely one reason why people were conflicted about which gacha to purchase. Stances, however, are new- entirely. The concept of special poses with your already crafted weapons hasn't really been done before. That likely caused people to favor the newer gacha. Furthermore, the assault gacha is spitting out stances (and other items) at a much better rate than re:zero. More supply + more demand = less risk for the same potential profit. In the end, I'm not surprised people jumped to the newer gacha. Honestly, they probably should've reversed the order of release or spaced them out.

All I know is that they are not worth as much as people are charging them for. I will be skipping them entirely, because it's not like if I activate them I get a stat bonus. If that was the case the prices would be justified.
  • MaiaMaia
    Depending on when you buy, most of the stances can be bought at or under 3m. That opportunity might have slipped by on some of them though. I would think that 3m for your favorite talent is probably worth it, but that's just me.
  • RheyRhey
    I'll prolly pick up stances once they're under a mill or hand out like hotcakes as filler gudz for another gacha.