Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should stances overwrite other idol poses?

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
edited August 26, 2018 in General Chat
I like the new Abyss armour. I don't like the new armour's pose. I bought a bare-handed stance card to replace it. Turns out outfit idol poses take priority.
Friend commented that the Royal Alchemist pose also takes priority.
The exception to these are when in combat mode.
In my opinion, if we want to use another pose we could easily to deactivate the stance card. As it is now there is no way to use the stance over the other poses.
  1. Should stance cards overwrite other idol poses?43 votes
    1. Yes. We can deactivate the card ourselves if we want.
       84% (36 votes)
    2. No. I only want the stance for the combat pose.
       16% (7 votes)

Comments

• RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Jeremy equip up a tailor kit or pet stick and you be fine c:
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Rayka wrote: »

nope, tailor kit/magic powder doesn't grant the "bare-hand" idle stance
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

If I'm going to be equipping/unequipping things I might as well just change my outfit. It's a needless extra step I want to avoid.
    Furthermore, what if I want to use the alchemist stance? Do I need to give up my Royal Alchemist position?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 27, 2018
    jjeremy wrote: »

If I'm going to be equipping/unequipping things I might as well just change my outfit. It's a needless extra step I want to avoid.
    Furthermore, what if I want to use the alchemist stance? Do I need to give up my Royal Alchemist position?

Yes, this is why i said that this whole stance thing is unfinished. Making them work like totems is just lazy. Nexon just slapped them quickly in Gacha to cash grab fashionogis and that's all. Same deal like Beauty Gacha nonsense.
    FaithrendTwelieImaizumiSherristarkiller1286TheNyanCat
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575

oh sorry i misinterpret your words i thought you just want to avoid the abyss idle animation
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I like it as-is, personally. If someone wants to override an outfit’s pose without a weapon, there are always William’s Glasses— or the dressing room,

I suppose an option to allow outfit pose overrides could be nice, and pleases just about everybody(?).
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Honestly, I don't like the female stance for bare-handed (I might be the only one) but male one is definitely nice

I do agree it should replace the outfits with pose if it's turned on. Not everyone has/likes William's Glasses and dressing room doesn't reflect what others see (and it resets itself every few minutes anyway)
    SebastianLadame
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I'm just pretending these stances don't exist. People are nuts for charging over 10m for them.
    Sebastian
  • GretaGreta
    Only bought Scythe Stance card since they only cost 2m and i kinda like the stances of them. Would love to buy Twin Sword and Bow one, but those cost like at least 8m and up to freakin 20m. Ridiculous... :D
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »

Yes, this is why i said that this whole stance thing is unfinished. Making them work like totems is just lazy. Nexon just slapped them quickly in Gacha to cash grab fashionogis and that's all. Same deal like Beauty Gacha nonsense.

At least they didn't give us the expiring versions...

*looks at the Auction House entries for the 60-day versions of all the gesture cards*

But I digress.
    Though it could be worse, it could also be better.
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

At least they didn't give us the expiring versions...

*looks at the Auction House entries for the 60-day versions of all the gesture cards*

But I digress.
    Though it could be worse, it could also be better.

Uh... What? XD Screenshot please?
  • MaiaMaia
    edited September 2, 2018
    RWYURk9.png

Here you go. I kind of thought these might come out as a nx item, rm item, or something
  • GretaGreta
    Maia wrote: »
    RWYURk9.png

Here you go. I kind of thought these might come out as a nx item, rm item, or something

Oh... Wow...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    some weapons dont even work with the stance cards (even if the weapons dont have idles)

so even random weapons without idles can overwrite the stance cards..... which is bs... every blunt weapon without an idle should work with the blunt stance, as well vice versa with every stance card.
  • MaiaMaia
    If you find a weapon that doesn't have a stance, try making a ticket about it or something. That's what I did lol I know it doesn't work with some appearance scroll type weapons like cookie wands or the chainsaw. I didn't notice many others that didn't change, other than iffy life-skill type items.
    Ladame
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    If you find a weapon that doesn't have a stance, try making a ticket about it or something. That's what I did lol I know it doesn't work with some appearance scroll type weapons like cookie wands or the chainsaw. I didn't notice many others that didn't change, other than iffy life-skill type items.

"will not fix"
    TheDumbOne
  • MaiaMaia
    I'm not holding my breath but at least the times I submitted tickets the GM's asked for lots of details and said they forwarded the issue.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    I'm not holding my breath but at least the times I submitted tickets the GM's asked for lots of details and said they forwarded the issue.

im just saying, if you think its bad they dont overwrite idles, then brace for the fact their not garentee to work.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 2, 2018
    I just don't think this warrants that much priority. I mean if the stances granted when activated like +5-10 max attack that would be different. But...all it does it just change your pose. I mean they could of implemented the new stances as part of the ranking system, like when you get to rank 1 of sword mastery it changes your stance.

But no, gacha everything. It continues to sicken me.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Gaea wrote: »
    I just don't think this warrants that much priority. I mean if the stances granted when activated like +5-10 max attack that would be different. But...all it does it just change your pose. I mean they could of implemented the new stances as part of the ranking system, like when you get to rank 1 of sword mastery it changes your stance.

But no, gacha everything. It continues to sicken me.

Then stop supporting gachas.
    ImaizumiMaiaSebastianTheDumbOne