Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Full Screen Settings Crash

LunaticEditLunaticEdit
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
I have a 4k display, running windows 10 (64-bit of course) on a GTX 1060 6GB card, and an i7 7700 4-core (8 thread) processor so I'm going to assume it's the game and not my machine, but anyway..

The game starts in potato mode, which is OK given the age of the game. BUT, if I ever click on the settings screen, the game locks up. I waited 5 minutes for the screen to 'refresh' (it shows a messed up classic looking blank window for a good 15 seconds when loading into the game) after clicking settings but nothing happens. Then, I decided to switch to windowed mode, which of course makes the game's fonts smaller than the width of a human hair, and the game window the size of a cheesit. So I then try options, and it pops right up no issue. After getting my magnifying glass out, I manage to it to widescreen mode, a resolution of 1280x720 (again, tiny fonts, so I don't want it UHD), and click apply. Nothing happens. I click full screen again, still in potato mode (I'm guessing 800x600 or the likes). I restart the game, still in potato mode. Go back to windowed mode, and check options (to prevent crash) and the resolution is 1280x720. Fullscreen again, potato mode. Clicked settings in full screen mode, crash.

Does anyone have any suggestions, maybe a settings file I can hand edit or something to fix this? I hear some people setting the game to windowed mode and 'maximizing' the window, but the window is a fixed size, and maximizing the game window in 4k isn't exactly going to be a viable option for me anyway.