Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Caravan Joe's O-X Quiz is back!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited August 30, 2018 in Vault
Caravan Joe's dragging the O-X Quiz back for another round! We've got a new set of questions about the world of Mabinogi, and the world outside as well, to go along with a new prizes for the bright players who know all the answers, so gather together and answer all the questions you can.

00Iub-44e3bc34-1036-4086-9fac-c37b09d6acc7.jpg

Caravan Joe's O-X Quiz
Event Dates: Wednesday, August 29, After Maintenance – Thursday, September 20, Before Maintenance

Event Details:

• Upon logging in, find the Orange Wing of the Goddess item in your inventory that will transport you to the Quiz grounds
  • Enter the Quiz Area before the start of each hour in order to participate in that round of questions. At the start of each hour, the Quiz area will be blocked off and the challenge commences!
  • All participants will be given a statement that is either True or False, and given a short time to select their answer. If you think the statement is True, then run into the blue O box. If you believe it to be False, get into the red X box!
  • If your answer is correct, you'll receive between 1-5x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons, based on the number of Caravan Joe's in the area for the correct area, and you'll stick around for another question.
  • If your answer is wrong, you receive no coupons and will be removed from the Quiz area.
  • Stop the numerous Caravan Joes from making his way into the zone for the correct answer with melee attacks. The fewer there are in the correct answer's zone, the more Coupons you'll receive!
  • Trade your Coupons into the OX Quiz Helper for a variety of prizes.

00Iub-4ece163e-d60f-4d64-a8db-ed33db062db3.jpg

Event Rewards:

OX Quiz Helper Coupon Rewards
Trade Coupons earned from Caravan Joe's O-X Quiz here for the following prizes:

• 10x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Normal OX Quiz Box
  • 20x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Special OX Quiz Box
  • 150x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Caravan Joe Kotatsu
  • 150x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Caravan Joe Tea Table
  • 200x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: I <3 Caravan Joe Tee
  • 250x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Bubble Chair
  • 350x Chaotic OX Quiz Coupons: Bull Pet

Normal OX Quiz Box
Randomly rewards one of the following items:

• Carasek's Bag (10X16) Coupon
  • Nerdy Kupa Umbrella
  • Caravan Joe Kotatsu
  • Caravan Joe Tea Table
  • I <3 Caravan Joe Tee
  • Blue Upgrade Stone
  • Hypno Glasses
  • Mabinogi School Uniform (M)
  • Mabinogi School Uniform (F)
  • Mabinogi School Shoes
  • Mabinogi School Backpack
  • Caravan Joe's Training Seal (25)
  • Casual Suit - Blue
  • Casual Suit - White
  • Cheap Fabric (x2)
  • Cheap Leather (x2)
  • Cheap Leather Strap (x2)
  • Cheap Silk (x2)
  • Common Fabric (x2)
  • Common Leather (x2)
  • Common Leather Strap (x2)
  • Eggplant Seed
  • Fine Fabric (x2)
  • Fine Leather (x2)
  • Fine Leather Strap (x2)
  • Fine Silk (x2)
  • Finest Fabric (x2)
  • Finest Leather (x2)
  • Finest Leather Strap
  • Finest Silk (x2)
  • Homestead Cabbage Seed
  • Homestead Pumpkin Seed
  • Homestead Strawberry Seed
  • HP & MP 100 Potion (x5)
  • HP & MP 30 Potion (x5)
  • HP & MP 300 Potion (x5)
  • HP & Stamina 100 Potion (x5)
  • HP & Stamina 30 Potion (x5)
  • HP & Stamina 300 Potion (x5)
  • HP & Stamina 50 Potion (x5)
  • HP 100 Potions (5x)
  • HP 300 Potion SE (x5)
  • HP 300 Potions (5x)
  • HP 50 Potions (5x)
  • Kindergarten Hat
  • Kindergarten Uniform (F)
  • Kindergarten Uniform (M)
  • Large Nails (x5)
  • MP 100 Potion (x5)
  • MP 300 Potion (x5)
  • MP 300 Potion SE (x5)
  • MP 50 Potion (x5)
  • Normal Silk (x2)
  • Police Officer Hat (F)
  • Police Officer Hat (M)
  • Police Officer Shoes (F)
  • Police Officer Shoes (M)
  • Police Officer Uniform (F)
  • Police Officer Uniform (M)
  • Red Upgrade Stone
  • Stamina 100 Potion (x5)
  • Stamina 300 Potion (x5)
  • Stamina 300 Potion SE (x5)
  • Stamina 50 Potion (x5)
  • Tomato Seed
  • Wood Board (x3)
  • Wound Remedy 300 Potion SE (x5)

Special OX Quiz Box
Randomly rewards one of the following items:

• Carasek's Bag (10X16) Coupon
  • Nerdy Kupa Umbrella
  • Caravan Joe Kotatsu
  • Caravan Joe Tea Table
  • I <3 Caravan Joe Tee
  • Aquamarine 10cm
  • Aquamarine 5cm
  • Blue Upgrade Stone
  • Caravan Joe's Training Seal (25x)
  • Casual Suit - Blue
  • Casual Suit - White
  • Hypno Glasses
  • Mabinogi School Uniform (M)
  • Mabinogi School Uniform (F)
  • Mabinogi School Shoes
  • Mabinogi School Backpack
  • Diamond 5cm
  • Emerald 10cm
  • Emerald 5cm
  • Free Repair Kit (Blacksmith, Engineer, Alchemist) (7 days)
  • Free Repair Kit (Clothing Shop) (7 days)
  • Free Repair Kit (Fleta) (7 days)
  • Free Repair Kit (General Shop) (7 days)
  • Free Repair Kit (Magic School, Trading Post, Bangor Pub) (7 days)
  • Garnet 10cm
  • Garnet 5cm
  • HP Buff Potion (7 days)
  • Jasper 10cm
  • Jasper 5cm
  • Kindergarten Hat
  • Kindergarten Uniform (F)
  • Kindergarten Uniform (M)
  • MP Buff Potion (Event) (7 days)
  • Name/Chat Color Change Potion (7 days)
  • Party Phoenix Feather
  • Police Officer Hat (F)
  • Police Officer Hat (M)
  • Police Officer Shoes (F)
  • Police Officer Shoes (M)
  • Police Officer Uniform (F)
  • Police Officer Uniform (M)
  • Potion of Proficiency (Event) (7 days)
  • Production Failure Potion
  • Protection/DEF Buff Potion (7 days)
  • Red Upgrade Stone
  • Ruby 10cm
  • Ruby 5cm
  • Special High Speed Gathering Potion (7 days)
  • Special Tendering Potion (7 days)
  • Special Tendering Potion S
  • Speed Walk Potion 40% (10 min) (7 days)
  • Spinel 10cm
  • Spinel 5cm
  • Stamina Buff Potion (7 days)
  • Star Sapphire 10cm
  • Star Sapphire 5cm
  • Topaz 10cm
  • Topaz 5cm

You can find the Official Post here.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nothing much new. Gonna grab that Bull Pet and Bubble Chair and quit it if i get fed up soon. Which probably will be so because this is going to be my 3rd time doing this event. Last time i opened over 200 boxes and didn't get Carasek's Bag, was pretty disappointed lol.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    BULL PET!! *happy screams*
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Give us all the answers!
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 29, 2018
    Give us all the answers!

Here: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/OX_Quiz_Event/Questions

There are some new questions which mostly are related to Alban Knights and questions about Merchants NPC's and their locations (goblin and ogre ones).

Literally like 85% of participants failed a statement that Avelin is the leader of Arthurian Unit. Most people (including me) assumed it's Talvish, because he was really bossy to Avelin and Altam since G19.
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited August 29, 2018
    I wanna see a picture of that bull, it seems that they forgot to upload it along with the event so if someone has a screenshot please share! ^^

I keep on forgetting what time it starts.
    "Enter the Quiz Area before the start of each hour in order to participate in that round of questions."
    Do they mean the start of each hour Ingame or IRL, and in that case, what timezone?
  • GremmGremm
    edited August 29, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    I wanna see a picture of that bull, it seems that they forgot to upload it along with the event so if someone has a screenshot please share! ^^

I keep on forgetting what time it starts.
    "Enter the Quiz Area before the start of each hour in order to participate in that round of questions."
    Do they mean the start of each hour Ingame or IRL, and in that case, what timezone?

Update, it seems to be the Central Europe Timezone this time. It worked perfectly in sync with my own clock back home.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Bull

Enjoy lol it's a re-re-release
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 29, 2018
    Ooh my favorite event is back! :D Can't wait to get that chair aaaa
    Greta wrote: »
    Give us all the answers!

Here: https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/OX_Quiz_Event/Questions

There are some new questions which mostly are related to Alban Knights and questions about Merchants NPC's and their locations (goblin and ogre ones).

Literally like 85% of participants failed a statement that Avelin is the leader of Arthurian Unit. Most people (including me) assumed it's Talvish, because he was really bossy to Avelin and Altam since G19.

I guess it's important sometimes to ready every little bit of info :)
    I would definitely fail since I haven't started on it.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Have any of the questions with wrong answers been fixed, or are we gonna have another round of identifying and complaining about them?
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 29, 2018
    Eralea wrote: »
    Have any of the questions with wrong answers been fixed, or are we gonna have another round of identifying and complaining about them?

IIRC I believe I've encountered two of these questions that have been fixed but I may be remembering wrong. I did run into a question that was worded extremely poorly; "Only 5 participants may enter the Former Attack Shadow Mission". True is the correct answer (as it's about Fomor Attack) but the poorly worded question along with, well... "Former Attack" basically makes this a question you can easily trip yourself on by thinking it's false.

Also haven't seen any RL trivia yet.

EDIT: Oh, and there's been questions based on older design choices; there's one about Alexina selling Boarding Passes which is considered true (when this is no longer the case) and a question about Ranald being able to teach Windmill to Humans in Tir Chonaill, which is also true but can trip you up since newer players will typically get Windmill on the spot. Can't think of how a new player would be able to talk to Ranald about Skills to learn Windmill since they would likely have Windmill already, but the quest is likely still available, so yeah.

(Random thought; would be funny if Fomor Attack was supposed to be called Former Attack all this time.)
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    It's good to know the answers but not necessary, thanks to the Joe-gauge. If the gauge is high (closer to full), the majority of Joes is standing on the side with the wrong answer (go to the other field). If it's low, most Joes are standing on the right answer (so go there). If you're still not sure, see how the gauge changes when a Joe crosses the divide; follow him if it goes down.

With regards to timezones; the time difference between most of them is in full hours, so the start of each (unspecified) hour occurs at the same time for most timezones.
  • GremmGremm
    edited August 30, 2018
    Maia wrote: »

I really hope its not that one, once that bull reaches level 6 it cant even use the Healing spell properly due to lack of mana, and compared to the cow pet it cant even be milked. Are you sure thats the one? If it is then im gonna be pissed.

350 coupons for a pet that is merely a decoration? The last time i played in this event we could at least get the dark cloud pet that has a sleeping effect and healing once summoned, now thats a useful pet.

If were gonna work for those tickets then we better be rewarded properly Nexon! Otherwise whats the point of the event? :P
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200

I really hope its not that one, once that bull reaches level 6 it cant even use the Healing spell properly due to lack of mana, and compared to the cow pet it cant even be milked. Are you sure thats the one? If it is then im gonna be pissed.

350 coupons for a pet that is merely a decoration? The last time i played in this event we could at least get the dark cloud pet that has a sleeping effect and healing once summoned, now thats a useful pet.

If were gonna work for those tickets then we better be rewarded properly Nexon! Otherwise whats the point of the event? :P

hey, don't knock a 'free' 60 slot bag :P
  • GremmGremm
    edited August 30, 2018
    papatulus wrote: »

hey, don't knock a 'free' 60 slot bag :P

I already have many pets with 60 slots in their inv, what i want is something useful like a mount or something that can support me in battle, due to the Bulls low mana it can hardly do anything at the higher levels and if i wanted some extra space i would've bought a bag.

350 Coupons is overpriced for a walking inv bag that you need to summon in unrestricted areas whenever you need anything from it.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Oh snap they actually made major changes to the question list this time. The wiki page might need to be trimmed down.

Ya know what, keeping the questions limited to Mabi is pretty great. No more weird American or weeaboo facts to memorize/frantically ctrl+F the wiki for.

• GretaGreta
    edited August 30, 2018
    Seriously, just half of players who participated just failed to answer a VERY EASY question because of a TYPO.
    The question was: "Only 5 players can enter Former Attack Shadow Mission." or something like that between those lines.
    It's FOMOR ATTACK. Not FORMER ATTACK! >_>...

Because of this typo, a lot of players assumed it was on purpose to make us get confused so we went up to X, and guess what? It's O!

Just rename this Shadow Mission as Former Attack in Shadow Mission Board at this point...
    edited August 30, 2018
    I finally did not DC from the start of a quiz and I immediately got the first question, an easy one wrong.
    I need a mental break.
    I believe it was Battle of Tailteann player limit one...
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Just follow the crowd or have wiki up on the side
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Eralea wrote: »
    Oh snap they actually made major changes to the question list this time. The wiki page might need to be trimmed down.

Ya know what, keeping the questions limited to Mabi is pretty great. No more weird American or weeaboo facts to memorize/frantically ctrl+F the wiki for.

Those questions are still there. I just got this question wrong: "The Nintendo 64 game F-Zero-X contains Rainbow Road"