Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Age difference of Mabinogi

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,560
edited August 30, 2018 in General Chat
so i wanted see if its true there more 18 plus players irl age in mabinogi
Maia
  1. Are You +18 Or Under149 votes
    1. +18
       94% (140 votes)
    2. Under 18
       6% (9 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 30, 2018
    This just proves that current generation is not appealed to this game. I barely meet players that are younger than 15... Sad.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    On one hand, the age of the playerbase has no real impact on how much or little I enjoy the game. On the other hand, it's not surprising. Games like this aren't really trendy right now. It's all about mobile games, streaming, and fast paced action I would say. I think MMO's in general probably have a tough fight ahead of them if they want to corner the market on young people today.
    MirralChanImaizuminajee508kapapa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    This just proves that current generation is not appealed to this game. I barely meet players that are younger than 15... Sad.

What is the current generation appealed to?
    Mobile game grinds?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    TBH, all this may "prove" is the age of the players that use the forums; not in-game.

IMO, a lot of parents too, will buy kids tablets or phones because they're cheaper than computers and easier to manage what the kids are doing with them. They're also easier to keep track of and can do everything that a teenager would need a PC for, some schools even provide students WITH tablets. It's really not because of a lack of interest in MMORPGs. Technology is "moving forward" and PC's in general are falling behind.
    GretaPanTheNyanCatSherriPandaninja
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 30, 2018

Mobile game grinds?

FPS, good graphics, speedruns, streaming and literally anything that can make huge explosions and lots of noises with flashy effects to get more attention. The attention span of people gets shorter and shorter by every year now. Rarely anyone wants to read a several hour long storyline in MMO, most of players are just gonna skip it and go for the action and then later say "This game is crap, i don't know what to do! It didn't say anything! I don't understand the story at all!". Well duh, you just skipped like 95% of dialogues in story lol.
    MirralChanRadiant DawnAstralBlueSherrinajee508offwithyourheadsAlexisEU
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    This poll aside, I do notice a lot of people I interact with in-game are likely adults. This ranges from people I know to people I happen across or randomly trade with. I'm sure there's some young people out there. My guess is that the mabinogi community is mostly people who played the game when they were younger, people who like the unique graphics (potentially because of the anime-ish style), or people who were already fans of MMO's (Nexon or other games) before playing this one.
    PanFluorettecourtneyyImaizumioffwithyourheadsAlexisEU
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 30, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    TBH, all this may "prove" is the age of the players that use the forums; not in-game.

IMO, a lot of parents too, will buy kids tablets or phones because they're cheaper than computers and easier to manage what the kids are doing with them. They're also easier to keep track of and can do everything that a teenager would need a PC for, some schools even provide students WITH tablets. It's really not because of a lack of interest in MMORPGs. Technology is "moving forward" and PC's in general are falling behind.

Yeah that's a good theory, it makes sense. But i noticed that FPS is trending by A LOT these past few years now. I can't remember seeing any MMO being over-hyped for some time now. It's all about that Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch, etc, etc...

Mobile game grinds?

FPS, good graphics, speedruns, streaming and literally anything that can make huge explosions and lots of noises with flashy effects to get more attention. The attention span of people gets shorter and shorter by every year now. Rarely anyone wants to read a several hour long storyline in MMO, most of players are just gonna skip it and go for the action and then later say "This game is crap, i don't know what to do! It didn't say anything! I don't understand the story at all!". Well duh, you just skipped like 95% of dialogues in story lol.

Kids these days... lack discipline.

Sherri
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Mabinogi appealed to our generation. The game will end when our generation dies out.
    Faithrend
    Pan wrote: »
    Mabinogi appealed to our generation. The game will end when our generation dies out.

That seems to be a long ways out... for now.

But I really do want to know what kids like to do these days
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited August 30, 2018
    The kids under 18 are busy playing Battle Royales. That is the trend right now.
    tQdUls0.png
    PanJayy124ImaizumiRadiant DawnSherri
    Sai wrote: »
    The kids under 18 are busy playing Battle Royales. That is the trend right now.
    tQdUls0.png

I just feel that the gap between their and our generation will cause more societal issues in the future.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    On most websites and games I frequent, I'm usually the youngest out of the bunch. I think most players here started out when they were "younger" (as in the target audience age range) and ended up growing up with the game, like Maia stated. This seems to be the case with the other places I visit as well.

Generation 50: The Milletians' Retirement ~
    PanKttystarkiller1286Radiant DawnAstralBlueSherrioffwithyourheadsAlexisEUFaithrend
    Fluorette wrote: »
    On most websites and games I frequent, I'm usually the youngest out of the bunch. I think most players here started out when they were "younger" (as in the target audience age range) and ended up growing up with the game, like Maia stated. This seems to be the case with the other places I visit as well.

Generation 50: The Milletians' Retirement ~

Forever the same age though.
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I've been playing since I was 11, just turned 18 in March. This game literally followed me into my adulthood from elementary school to my freshman year of college rn. Sad that others my age (& younger) seem to not find it interesting.
    Faithrend
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    This is the next generation.
    fMsymyp.jpg
    GretaMikuV3SherriCrimsọnFaithrend
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think one large factor is that the younger generation has been trained to have a slight aversion to grind that some older generations have. Namely these games have faster and more consistent gratification than standard MMOs. Who knows, maybe this style of MMO will come back at some point as some kind of retro fad or die out slowly and quietly as our generation grows out of it as well.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    We're just tryin' to be friendly
    Come and watch us sing and play
    We're the young generation
    And we've got something to say
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited August 31, 2018
    Honestly afaik the graphics are another large gap in why people wouldn't play this game unless they've played it in the past and are used to them by now. That and it's an MMORPG.

Even though I feel like the grind aspect of this game is still a lot less than other MMORPGs in the sense that you don't ever have to put in hardcore grinding. Simply play regularly and you'll "get there" due to RBing.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    I first got familiar with Nexon in 2006 I think with Maplestory later my friend told me about Mabinogi while we were in middle school looked it up but didn't bother with it as other games were out and I was more into Xbox 360 at the time. Finally started playing roughly a year or so ago when another friend and I were looking up free multiplayer games. He stopped playing months ago but I have a "solo" character and enjoy it quite a bit. What Mabinogi needs to do is advertise to get its name out again, it doesn't need to be a commercial just an ad in something like Youtube or some gaming websites like Newgrounds. That's what Elsword does and it's been out since 2007.
    GretaSherri