Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Permanent Rebirth pots

SausySauceSausySauce
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited September 1, 2018 in Help
with this triple AP event (that i only get to enjoy Monday) rebirths would be awesome. Sadly every pot i gotten so far has a 7 day timer
My question is how do people get the perma ones?
Dont get me wrong I very much appreciate the event as is but it would had been great if we ha d a way to earn pots before hand seeing how pots go for like 20 mil now
and im new ish with little funds.

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    you pay for it...with money.

Sad reality. I know that feel. :(
  • SausySauceSausySauce
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    how so are they in the shop?
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    SausySauce wrote: »

I just checked the shop in the consumeables section and saw nothing about rebirth. I guess it's an event only thing then.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195

I just checked the shop in the consumeables section and saw nothing about rebirth. I guess it's an event only thing then.

BybNGuM.png

They are sometimes in cash shop in various packages or gacha. Forgetful potions also reset your level to 1 similarly to a rebirth potion but without adding a "rebirth" I believe- they can only be used once every 24 hours I think.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Maia wrote: »

BybNGuM.png

They are sometimes in cash shop in various packages or gacha. Forgetful potions also reset your level to 1 similarly to a rebirth potion but without adding a "rebirth" I believe- they can only be used once every 24 hours I think.

Once a week*

Which is sad.

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    They've never been available for direct purchase but I know they have given out permanent and tradeable pots for events and I think gacha.
    Bronzebreak
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    They've never been available for direct purchase but I know they have given out permanent and tradeable pots for events and I think gacha.

There have been direct purchase packages which had them guaranteed with other items like skill training seals and 500% exp fruit
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Some untradeable, but non-expiring, rebirth potions were also given from past events.

I think there was one for the pre-G21 event.
    Or something like that.
    It was the same type of (Event) version they handed out for the Chain Blade introduction event, it even had its description mention "a new talent", until they had a maint and changed it to a generalized description.

Anyways, those non-expiring ones, I like to save for special occasions like this 3x AP event, or other kinds of events like 2x AP or Double Rainbow events.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Events
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    The most common expiring ones I've seen are from the Potential system, or hot-time/weekend rewards.

The reason for either is to I imagine encourage continued play.

The permanent ones (that I've mostly obtained, once again IE excluding purchased ones) are final/high-end rewards for events. They give you the opportunity to be used whenever, at the cost of the effort to obtain them. It's not that they DON'T encourage continued play, but because they are tougher to get you have the additional benefit of using them whenever.

I personally used 2 RB pots this weekend on top of a regular stalled regular rebirth, and I have an additional forgetful potion, but all of those (sans the regular rebirth) were obtained over the past 6 months; it's not like they're exactly raining from the sky.

I don't want to be the person who says 'it doesn't hurt me so it shouldn't change', but I think there's a reason behind the existence of the variation, and I don't think it's logical to change it.