Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are there some skills you just never use?

PandaninjaPandaninja
Mabinogi Rep: 830
in Help
I'm currently master in Chain Slash and Archery, and going for Puppetry and Alchemy now. Are there just some skills you never use, that are really bad or just not utilized often and taking up space in your hotkeys bar? I'm trying to reorganize these things and how I fight, because right now I've just been chain slashing everything in my path and usually it gets things done. I was hoping I could make my character's playstyle a little unique, and I just absolutely love puppetry and alchemy.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks so much!

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    For Archery, I never really use Spider Shot.
    If I were an Elf, maybe I wouldn't use Mirage Missile all that much, since Crash Shot and Magnum Shot are generally enough.

For Chain Slash I never really use Raging Spike, especially in party play since enemies hit by Raging Spike can't be attacked by others until the attack ends.
    Same could be said for Chain Crush, for the same problem.

For Puppetry... maybe Inciting Incident, since its attack distance is based on the distance from YOU to the enemy, not your puppet to the enemy. It feels weird to use because of that. Also Invigorating Encore, since I switch from Colossus to Pierrot too often to bother with the benefit, especially since Marionettes are desummoned when mounting a pet to move to the next enemy spawn.

For Alchemy... Summon Golem maybe. It's easier to kill things yourself than rely on the golem.
    And since the golem doesn't draw aggro on its own, having to hit enemies directly to get them to attack it, it's not very easy to rely on it as a distraction either.

I dunno, though, since I keep all my hotkey bars separated based on Talent, for the most part, so I can generally fit all the skills anyways, except maybe one or two.
    Pandaninja
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Artifact Investigation: the most useless skill in the game. Yes, I have it mastered; your point?
    Pandaninja
  • NysephirNysephir
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Taming Wild Animals...

It doesn't even give you stats for ranking it.
    Pandaninja
  • PandaninjaPandaninja
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited September 6, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Thanks so much! That was really informative! :D

Helsa wrote: »
    Artifact Investigation: the most useless skill in the game. Yes, I have it mastered; your point?

Sorry I think I made my post a little misleading. I meant to ask what skills you don't use so that I wouldn't have to keep it in my hotkey bar, like raging spike for chain slash. I still mastered it though! For stats and titles and such.
    Nysephir wrote: »
    Taming Wild Animals...

It doesn't even give you stats for ranking it.

Really?? Wow that really is useless, I guess it's only good for a talent title thingy?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It really then depends on your own style of play. Some folks are all offense: hit a lot get hit a lot. Others take a defensive approach: never get hit but take longer to kill things. Since most monsters are all close combat with some having additional magic or alchemy skills the kind of situations you'll face is somewhat limited. Mabinogi has way more skills than you need to fight. So maybe decide in a different manner. A skill to defend against range, a couple skills to defend against melee, a singular attack range skill, an AoE range skill, a couple skills for single attack melee, at least one melee AoE attack and so on. Figure out what your niches are and fill them.
    Pandaninja
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited September 9, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »

This skill is not useless!
    Pandaninja