[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Goodbye Forums...?

Comments

• DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,960
    I personally do hope these things get fixed...I feel bad for the admins and mods and stuffs, but the situation could've definitely been dealt with a LOT better, even in different ways it could've been dealt with....way better than what the outcome came too be....
    I get it, the job is stressful, but there are even more stressful jobs out there, people die because of those stressful jobs, and I get it...We all can get stressed out due to things and jobs, literally any job is stressful, just....some jobs are more stressful than others...

I personally feel like, whenever they have the time, to go and relieve their stress, take their mind off mabi for a bit - even if it's just a day... spend time with family and have fun, if their in a relationship - then go out to eat with whom they love/are married too, or simply...listen to music and chillax, take a chill pill.

because their stress does affect us greatly, and the way I see it, the warnings given to these people is as if a customer is being taken out of a store for doing absolutely nothing but responding too...a joke or a question that just so happened to have derailed a situation by accident?
    that's personally just how I see it.
    Sebastian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,870
    edited September 20, 2018
    There was a guy who literally got a warning for having a "bad attitude", if anyone remembers it, happened like over a month ago. They left forums because of that as well.

Also, just re-checked CoC and I'm still kind of bothered by this part:
    - Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

As much as I remember, we didn't argue and we definitely didn't post anything negative. We were goofing around. Sure, Mods will say that I derailed stuff multiple times, but I really didn't do that on daily basis. It was a mistake. I'm a human. Tried really hard to behave after my last warning, avoided to say anything controversial or really mean. But I guess it wasn't enough.
    At this point, it's best to be and stay a lurker of the forums if you don't want to get misunderstood and banned over something silly.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 22,975
    We're only human after all, so don't blame it on me...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,870

I didn't. And Mods are human too, they can make mistakes as well. :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 22,975
    Greta wrote: »

I didn't. And Mods are human too, they can make mistakes as well. :)

It's a song. :D
    GretaSherri
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,335
    SherriMiruha
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,775
    There was a guy who literally got a warning for having a "bad attitude", if anyone remembers it, happened like over a month ago. They left forums because of that as well.

- Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

As much as I remember, we didn't argue and we definitely didn't post anything negative. We were goofing around. Sure, Mods will say that I derailed stuff multiple times, but I really didn't do that on daily basis. It was a mistake. I'm a human. Tried really hard to behave after my last warning, avoided to say anything controversial or really mean. But I guess it wasn't enough.
    At this point, it's best to be and stay a lurker of the forums if you don't want to get misunderstood and banned over something silly.

the part that bugs me is the

>The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators' discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers.

Which basically says, "Yeah sure there's rules but they don't actually mean anything. Mods can ban you for whatever they want."

Mabinogi has a pretty cool community, if the discord after becoming official starts to go this way it'll die too. I'm being sincere when I say I hope that doesn't happen, as much flak as I give mabi I love it. I really do, it's very dear to me and holds a lot of memories growing up, and holds a lot of real life friendships that wouldn't have happened otherwise. During times I struggled, I'd log on mabi and just lose myself for a bit, talk to friends and just relax it was almost like a second home. Now that I play with my wife it's even more precious to me.
    KensamaofmariGretaCrimsSebastianDANIartsSherri
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    I just absolutely hate how things are lookin'...
    I do wish things get better, I love being on the forums...I love seeing yo amazing faces on them as well.
    Sebastian
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,695
    I'm reading through the glassdoor reviews. Absolutely JUICY content. More interesting than Saga II.
    SherriSebastian
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Drama queens.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    edited September 27, 2018

• HardmuscleHardmuscle

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,495
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

the part that bugs me is the

>The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators' discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers.

Which basically says, "Yeah sure there's rules but they don't actually mean anything. Mods can ban you for whatever they want."

That bothers me as well. I'm hoping that it's not like if I say 'you are an apple' and if they deem that 'insulting', they could warn me for calling somebody an apple. -_-
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,180
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Sherri -- It's no different anywhere else, on any other game or place where a Standard EULA is agreed to.

They all retain the right to conduct disciplinary actions with or without reason.

That literally translates to: they can ban you/me/us for any reason at all, or no reason at all.

(That's a power of private property).

yes we know, they can ban everyone and leave their forums to be a ghost town, which we are already getting to. Maybe people don't want that to happen and just want a discussion of that to take place to maybe make the place better instead of being shut down for it.

You can always run your own business and kick out all your customers for stepping on a carpet that they didn't know to step on and just maybe be out of business because your rules made it impossible for the business to happen for most people.
    ForeRuniaSherriGreta
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,180
    You are missing the point @Julie ~ They could do that if it was their intention, to close down the game and become a ghost town/blah blah blah. -- but in this case, they could do that just to rid their forum of trolls and clowns who aren't here for anything relevant to the game and only care about drumming up drama. -- The game -- in case you forgot -- doesn't require a forum to operate.

I didnt forget a single thing, and the mods require forums to operate as well same goes with the community manager, its not even about drama, people want solid lines on how to use these forums without getting banned, thats not necessarily asking for drama. And as far as I know, I haven't seen any trolls on this thread. You're just projecting
    SebastianGreta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,495
    You are missing the point @Julie ~ They could do that if it was their intention, to close down the game and become a ghost town/blah blah blah. -- but in this case, they could do that just to rid their forum of trolls and clowns who aren't here for anything relevant to the game and only care about drumming up drama. -- The game -- in case you forgot -- doesn't require a forum to operate.

I don't know how you could go from us rightfully wondering about what was up with the warnings some people got for something as harmless as 'derailing a thread' when it was all jokes and giggles (and then deleting the replies so others can't even see and judge for themselves, making them look worse) to a forum wide troll epidemic.
    Not to mention a while back somebody posted that GMs were ninja editing threads? Or did they address that? Still kinda weird... >3>

Maybe I just don't know the full story, I don't know? o3o but there is something I do wanna say
    I think the game does need a forum, where else would feedback go? or suggestions? also i like how they have separate forum sections for the servers, so people could look for friends, a guild, or sell stuff
    SebastianGreta
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    I'm sorry, but I hate that people are assuming this is to /start drama/ when it's clearly not, people want answers..that's how humans are when getting a ban or something all because they did a joke or replied too someone....to answer a question..
    if you want to start drama, go somewhere else. We're only trying to get answers on what's going on.
    SebastianGretaSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle