Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lotboxes and Gambling

Comments

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    I love how this thread turned into people talking about weather or not gachipons are okay or not.

That has nothing to do with the op. The question is what will nexon do if nations decide to put legislation into place restricting the sale of lot boxes regardless of how you feel about them.

Ultimately there is a good chance a lot of companies including nexon would either outright fail or restrict their services to nations not passing laws. Ultimately what we are left with is a greedy companies like EA running a model other companies had used fairly in the eyes of their consumers.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited November 5, 2018
    ThePravin wrote: »
    g r e e d y

If that's how you spell 'efficiency', then count me in, including every company ever as well.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 5, 2018
    ThePravin wrote: »
    I love how this thread turned into people talking about weather or not gachipons are okay or not.

That has nothing to do with the op. The question is what will nexon do if nations decide to put legislation into place restricting the sale of lot boxes regardless of how you feel about them.

Ultimately there is a good chance a lot of companies including nexon would either outright fail or restrict their services to nations not passing laws. Ultimately what we are left with is a greedy companies like EA running a model other companies had used fairly in the eyes of their consumers.

You said it, that's if countries decide to regulate it. And right now, there hasn't been an indication of if they will. And it also depends on who classified them as part of gambling. If it is a single country that classified them as gambling or an international organization such as the World Trade Organization classifying it. The op did not provide specifics or where the information was from, and therefore commentators commented on something else.

And as there is not a whole lot of official information, I do not believe companies have to come up with a response just yet.
    Veylaine