Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Impressions of G21

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in Feedback and Suggestions
I just finished part 2 of G21 after procrastinating for a while, just waiting on the last couple quests after the final battle. I must say, I was having fun with the first half, it was cool, but once I hit part 2 it just got less and less fun the longer I went on. Overall, I would say this was the WORST mainstream in history and its almost completely thanks to the last few bosses, and thats saying something coming from someone who did all of them on release when g1-3 used to be absolutely stupid before they were revamped TWICE into what is still honestly kinda bad. Things started to fall apart during the Grim Reaper reskin battle with the pillars. The amount of hp that thing has is absurd and it lacks the normal openings for damage the original Grim Reaper had leaving you with no choice but to take damage over and over again if you want to hit the thing at all. I finally got angry and just spammed potions until my str was at 0 and eventually FINALLY won. After that the doppleganger was beyond stupid. Once again I had to spam potions, thankfully not to the same degree, but being a human made stopping the shadowy pillars literally impossible, I tried a LOT and only ever got it one time because I had demigod up and accidentally hit the first oen with a missed click ont he boss right when it started to flare up. Eventually I just gave up on even trying and just used FH whenever the stupid clones would show up to knock them out quickly. After nearly smashing my mouse to bits over that "fun" little boss, the final boss was just that much more infuriating thanks to leftover rage. INSTANT DEATH MECHANICS ARE NOT FUN!! PARTICULARLY NOT WHEN THE BOSS HAS A MEANS OF COMPLETELY DISABLING THE ONLY THING THAT CAN KEEP YOU ALIVE!! Thankfully, I had huge amounts of saga coupons saved up, so I bought like 20 Nao's after dieing 5 or 6 times and spammed revives until I was FINALLY done. Honestly though, the fight itself wasnt even the worst part. If I could have just rez'd on the spot and healed up before entering again, I would have probably actually enjoyed it since everything was preventable if you payed enough attention. The problem was the infuriatingly arbitrary restrictions put on the temple area, you know, the one through that Burning Crusade ripoff portal. In order to enter, for absolutely no reason at all, you are required to unsummon ur mount. That would be fine if you couldnt mount in there, I would understand then, but you can, so I have to unsummon one mount to enter just to resummon another one not even 2 whole seconds later. Why?! On top of that you cant teleport out of that area, you have to walk manually out of that stupid WoW ripoff portal before you can, which requires u to unsummon and resummon ur mount again. It makes absolutely no sense to apply those restrictions to that area, forcing pet unsummoning doesnt accomplish anything besides angering some players (particularly the ones with only one mount because theyre new to the game) when you can just resummon a mount once your inside anyways. This is along the exact same lines as the stupid thing at Tara castle where you used to have to talk to both guards every time u enter before you could, which they removed because IT WAS A STUPID POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME. Not being able to rez on the spot in there is also pointless when you can rez at the last warp point and teleport back instantly. Again, the only purpose this serves is wasting all our time. This area isnt a shadow mission, theres no loss of progress when u have to leave to rez, so why the hell do u have to leave to rez? Its like they just sit in a room with words on a dartboard to determine what restrictions they want to place on an area. "Oap, u got a bullseye, no summons allowed through THAT gate. Oap, next one hit a 2, looks like they can resummon once they enter, oh boy, theyre gonna LOVE this arbitrary nonsense, right?!"

I would be amazed if ANYONE enjoyed this horrid garbage at all.
  1. Was G21 part 2 fun, even slightly?11 votes
    1. Ya
       55% (6 votes)
    2. Not even one tiny bit
       45% (5 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Do you not know how to form paragraphs properly? Also your poll is completely bias, there is no option for, the generations being amazing. G19-g21 were the best generations. Also, I'm a human, I used firebolt+FH and I had little to no problems at all with the generations. The area ripped of nothing from other games. Also OMG You had to walk out of an area?!?! Oh man...I am SO sorry you had to WALK out of an area, your precious time must have been wasted by walking an additional 3 seconds.
    I would be amazed if ANYONE enjoyed this horrid garbage at all.

I am in a discord of about 60 people who all think g19-g21 were the best generations. And that is just my friends. Not including the number of people outside of that one server.
    GretaBronzebreakTwelieLeinei
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    It was good. The boss' insta kill was very annoying to deal with, but I lived the story nonetheless.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Out of g19~g21, I liked g20 the most, but I still really enjoyed g21. I will say that a lot of g21 felt like just a "oh look at all these new raids you have now" crammed into a story, but I still really love the story and how it concluded. I did not see the twist at the end coming at all.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wish they'd expand more upon Iria and the Elves and Giants. Here's hoping we get that in G22. Anyhoot, regarding G21 Finale? I thought the difference in fighting styles was kind of fun. I got annoyed with it, but that made beating the boss that more satisfying. A good cater helped a LOT with stat boosts, wore armor, had a bunch of Nao Stones, and many people used Mana Shield (honestly, I forgot it existed lol). Story was fun.

I don't think G21 has a scaler like Saga did, so you have to have some levels under your belt in order to complete it.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Sizeplay wrote: »
    It was good. The boss' insta kill was very annoying to deal with, but I lived the story nonetheless.

Its main purpose was to tell you about the raids and drop hints or outright tell you how to deal with specific attacks. (The messages are dumb though).

To OP, the bosses are mechanically focused bosses, you needed to do certain things to protect yourself from their instant death attacks. Basically pay attention to the boss patterns, guard yourself and wait for a chance to strike. If you run face first into them, then yeah, you'll have to use Naos because you're not at all protecting yourself. The key words here are "pay attention", the boss speech and on screen messages drop hints, you'll eventually figure how that the boss's attacks are choreographed to them.