Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dinner (& Dessert) with Mabinogi

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Maybe I'll do another preserved food recipe, but it's a bit more advanced although not difficult.
    Jazmyn
    Is it time to do another recipe?
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Is it time to do another recipe?

I did something really easy for dinner two nights ago. Not really consider it a recipe per-say, more of an easy dinner.

Ingredients:
    113316%20Boneless%20Pork%20Chops%20(Thin).jpg
    61M4PT5oDsL._SY355_.jpg
    Green-Giant-French-Style-Green-Beans-14.5-oz.-Can.png

Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees F. Bake the thin pork chops for about 20 minutes. I always like to make sure my food is really well done, so it may not actually take that long. During the last 5 minutes of the pork chops cooking, drain the wild rice and pour into a microwaveable safe bowl. It already has salt, so you don't really have to season it, I did add dried chives to it. After that is heated, heat the green beans in a microwave safe bowl to your liking, I usually do 2 minutes. And ta-da! A quick and filling meal that is somewhat healthy. Sodium could be eliminated but what fun is food then? D; xD
    Kensamaofmari
    Choose between the following:
    Curry Katsudon OR Grilled Teriyaki Rainbow Trout
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Grilled Teriyaki Rainbow Trout

Whole Trout Filet or you can use salmon
    Half a Lemon
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of honey
    2 cloves of garlic
    (Thyme or Rosemary optional)

Trout Filet, you can get the processed filet at your market. Salmon is also an option. After gently cleaning/washing the filet, divide into quarters or 5 pieces depending on the size of your fish.

Marinade
    Dice 2 cloves of garlic and mix with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and honey in a deeper dish. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. This will make it tangy rather than overwhelming sweet. Although you can add some more honey or sugar in to mix in if it is too sour. You can taste this raw marinade first and adjust to your liking before putting the fish in it. Place your fish in there evenly and marinade between 2-4 hours,, rotating the fish every 30 minutes to get the marinade evenly on each side. You can add some thyme or rosemary to enhance it by sticking them in and around the fish if you are using fresh herbs or if your using dried herbs, crush them and sprinkle evenly.

IMG_20181028_173939.jpg

Grill your pieces of fish in a pan on each side on medium heat for about 5-10 min. We're using medium heat so that the fish does not overcook easily and fall apart. Do the skin side first and give it a sear. You can tell it is ready to flip when you can see the color start to change right under the skin. Make sure your fish pieces are not sticking close to each other as that would cause them to stick together when cooking and will be a hassle to flip. If you must, separate into batches so you have plenty of room.

Once you have it cooking on the second side and you can see that it is starting to change color, flip the fish back to skin side and pour in your marinade and turn onto medium high and let it simmer for about another 5 min. The sweeteners will caramelize and cause the marinade sauce to thicken. Spoon the sauce on top of the flesh side while it simmers to evenly distribute the flavoring.

Plate your fish and spoon the sauce evenly.

IMG_20181028_194639.jpg
    DANIartsJazmynGreta
  • JazmynJazmyn

Half a Lemon
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of honey
    2 cloves of garlic

Trout Filet, you can get the processed filet at your market. Salmon is also an option. After gently cleaning/washing the filet, divide into quarters or 5 pieces depending on the size of your fish.

Marinade
    Dice 2 cloves of garlic and mix with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and honey in a deeper dish. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. This will make it tangy rather than overwhelming sweet. Although you can add some more honey or sugar in to mix in if it is too sour. You can taste this raw marinade first and adjust to your liking before putting the fish in it. Place your fish in there evenly and marinade between 2-4 hours,, rotating the fish every 30 minutes to get the marinade evenly on each side. You can add some thyme or rosemary to enhance it by sticking them in and around the fish if you are using fresh herbs or if your using dried herbs, crush them and sprinkle evenly.

IMG_20181028_173939.jpg

Grill your pieces of fish in a pan on each side on medium heat for about 5-10 min. We're using medium heat so that the fish does not overcook easily and fall apart. Do the skin side first and give it a sear. You can tell it is ready to flip when you can see the color start to change right under the skin. Make sure your fish pieces are not sticking close to each other as that would cause them to stick together when cooking and will be a hassle to flip. If you must, separate into batches so you have plenty of room.

Once you have it cooking on the second side and you can see that it is starting to change color, flip the fish back to skin side and pour in your marinade and turn onto medium high and let it simmer for about another 5 min. The sweeteners will caramelize and cause the marinade sauce to thicken. Spoon the sauce on top of the flesh side while it simmers to evenly distribute the flavoring.

IMG_20181028_194639.jpg

This looks and sounds really good. What sort of side would you serve it with?
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Half a Lemon
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of honey
    2 cloves of garlic

Marinade

IMG_20181028_173939.jpg

IMG_20181028_194639.jpg

This looks and sounds really good. What sort of side would you serve it with?

@Jazmyn Lettuce cooked or lettuce and cherry tomatoes raw would go nice. And a bowl (serving) of rice. You can even make a lightly dressed salad.
    Jazmyn
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited November 20, 2018
    46513513_145086669792232_8828701620805042176_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeF1Uq08o2PCOaDgumaWW8ZYpoEvrY9CVlO8kAUrZ5FsSaD2M1mQGpYWYk6m-biHMlLaY7QxQtjQgKzwFm2vXieKY7cyjL-gK2grfB6reYS2tw&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg3-1.xx&oh=e542a5d2a6fe7ce390bc9cdbf265fcb5&oe=5CAF8A8D

Well, tried to make non-crust broccoli and cauliflower pie. Using eggs and heavy cream.
    It went almost OK. Apparently, I had too much egg, so it became egg and veggie soup with omelette shell. Not terrible anyway.

It's pretty simple.

Steam the veggies.
    Whip eggs and heavy cream. 1 egg per portion, and adjustable ammount of heavy cream.
    Pour in whatever spice you feel like, then the veggies. Pour everything on a heatable bowl that acts as your form.
    Throw everything in the oven at 370F and wait like 40 minutes.

If it turns soupy, probaly try less cream.

Stuff's low on carb, and doesn't taste terrible.
    JazmynKensamaofmari
    3 simple recipes coming up tonight.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    TNinja wrote: »
    Well, tried to make non-crust broccoli and cauliflower pie. Using eggs and heavy cream.
    It went almost OK. Apparently, I had too much egg, so it became egg and veggie soup with omelette shell. Not terrible anyway.

It's pretty simple.

Steam the veggies.
    Whip eggs and heavy cream. 1 egg per portion, and adjustable ammount of heavy cream.
    Pour in whatever spice you feel like, then the veggies. Pour everything on a heatable bowl that acts as your form.

I've always been afraid to bake eggs, but that looks like it would taste good and it doesn't look like over-cooked scrambled eggs (the brown-ness), and it doesn't look under-cooked either. I'll have to give it a shot sometime. :) I also need to reduce carbs for many reasons; this would be a good recipe to start with.

Yay! - I'll have a recipe tomorrow if I remember to ask my mom when I go visit.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    46523561_145468159754083_7458914852212310016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeHzDtgmL8XYSgPzTAUujFPUCe4M5dBHD819vybTlreGfZegY3xRtXYKT9gbWj0fM_5FEdyWhGwH0hbq3TX_sMwQqg8lRmGyAdMXClJXfPcrfA&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg3-1.xx&oh=2f3caf1dd882c4179ae9039216d6561b&oe=5C63B5C8

Pork rind breaded air fried fish.

This is the same recipe I use for kentucky fried chicken, but using fish instead. And prok rind instead of bread crumbs.
    Low carb food for people with craving for some crisp. It's pretty hard to nail it, and probably won't replace real bread crump frying, but the spice mixture makes up for it.
    Needs:
    -Whatever meat pieces you'd like to stuff yourself with
    -Pork rind (Crushed/grounded)
    -Spice mixture (I went with KFC's "secret" 11 herbs and spices.)
    -Vinegar
    -Almond milk (Remember to pick the type that got low carb. If it matters to you.)
    -Avocado oil, or any oil that doesn't use trans fat. Just don't.

Dos:
    -Blend vinegar and almond milk together, and pour in a bowl with your meat piece. Preferably until it covers everything.
    --Fridge the bowl. Like 2 hours. More or less. Just don't exceed a day. Can't tell if the it dies, or get oversoaked. I'm not daring.
    -Crush the pork rinds. To make less mess, pour some pork rinds on a disposable transparent bread bag. Find a hammer, and hammer loose on it. You'd want those things powdered. Get a lot, depending on your portion size. Because you'll run out of mixture easily.
    --Throw in your spices.

-After the 2 hours. Take out your air fryer. Pour a bit of oil on your collection tray. It's size dependent, but try about 3 table spoons. Pre-heat it per fryer's instruction.
    -Take your meat out and coat them in your mixture. Then place it on your air fryer basket.
    --To make sure it really sticks, try dipping the met in the milk bowl again, and do another coating.
    -Throw in the fryer, and heat up at about 180C, for 10 minutes. More or less.

Ignore the side dishes. Those are undercooked bacon pieces and dry chicken grills. Ew.
    JazmynKensamaofmari
    edited November 22, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

It's pretty simple.

Steam the veggies.

I've always been afraid to bake eggs, but that looks like it would taste good and it doesn't look like over-cooked scrambled eggs (the brown-ness), and it doesn't look under-cooked either. I'll have to give it a shot sometime. :) I also need to reduce carbs for many reasons; this would be a good recipe to start with.

Yay! - I'll have a recipe tomorrow if I remember to ask my mom when I go visit.

Sorry for the late post

Simple Pasta Dish
    Ketchup and Sausage Penne

1. Penne (5 servings)
    2. 6 links of small sized uncured sausage
    3. Half an onion
    4. 2 cloves garlic
    5. 2 tablespoons ketchup
    6. Salt
    7. Black Pepper
    8. Cayenne Pepper Powder
    9. Thyme
    10. Parsley
    11. Oregano
    12. Mexican/Quesadilla cheese mix (Monterrey jack, cheddar)

Boil your pasta in salt water.
    In a pan, cook your onions and garlic (wilt them down, we also added some pieces of gourd sitting around, diced up). Add some salt and pepper to release the water. Once those veggies are halfway cooked, add in the sausage and smash em and mix until everything is cooked and melded together. Put in 2-3 tablespoons of ketchup, after spooning the pasta over with some of the water. Add another pinch of salt, pepper, and sprinkle of cayenne pepper powder, some thyme (powdered, dried, fresh depending what you have available), a pinch of parsley, and oregano and mix well. As the water begins to absorb and evaporate, sprinkle a layer of cheese on top and mix well together. Plate your pasta and add another layer of cheese if you like.

IMG_20181121_131344.jpg
    Jazmyn
    edited November 22, 2018
    Simple Egg Donut Burger and Meatballs

With a pack of ground meat, or if you want to make your own ground meat. 1 pack and a half or 2 will give you enough for both to serve,

Other ingredients
    1. Half an onion
    2. Cilantro
    3. Garlic
    4. 4-5 eggs
    5. Some leaves of lettuce
    6. Mexican cheese mix
    7. Brioche buns
    8. Salt
    9. Pepper
    10. Hoisin sauce

(Burger is from Tom Daley's Olympic burger recipe and sauce)
    Dice your onion, garlic and some leaves with stems of cilantro and mix them into your ground meat. Season with salt, pepper and a sprinke of cheese along with 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (if you have available, a sweetened soy sauce will also work) and mix it all together. Make 3-4 half inch patties for the burgers, and the rest, you can form some meatballs.

Preheat your oven to 325 for the meatballs and in your pan, put in some oil for the burgers. Make a small hole in your patties ( you can cook them 2 at a time) like a donut and cook in the pan, med high 5-6 min each side and another 2-3 min after first flips. Once cooked, crack and egg in the hole with your shell on top and hold it together until the whites solidify top and bottom before plating.

While your burgers are cooking before you add the egg, in another pan, toast some brioche buns for your burgers. In this time, make a sauce of spring onions diced, 2 tablespoons of plain or greek yogurt and some cheese and blend in a blender until you get a smooth sauce.

Layer a spread of the sauce on your buns and add another layer of cheese on each bun. On one bun add a leaf of lettuce (the top bun) and the patty on the bottom bun. You can add a mix of the white sauce and some ketchup on the burger before putting it together.

As a side, put some lettuce and cherry tomatoes and dress some of the sauce on top as a light salad.

As for the meatballs, set your oven to 30-40 min and pop em in the oven to cook.

Keep an eye to make sure they don't burn.

You can use the meatballs on the pasta and use the sauce as well.

IMG_20181120_142841.jpg

DISCLAIMER: The US Center for Disease Control has announced that no one should consume any Romaine Lettuce produced in the US or Canada due to recent E Coli outbreaks. Please do not consume any Romaine Lettuce if you believe they are produced from these areas. Dispose all Romaine Lettuce and sanitize all areas where the lettuce may have touched. Wash your hands and all surfaces of that the lettuce may have touched with hot soapy water. If you have consumed Romaine lettuce the past month, check for symptoms such as diarrhea and fever 2-8 days after consumption. Please contact a doctor as soon as possible. For more info, go online to the CDC's site.
    Jazmyn
    Hope ya got room for a dessert!

Leftover Pie Filling Parfait

We were making a pie and we got a botched Oreo pie crust from the store, so we mixed it into the rest of our batter of cream cheese, sweetened cream and milk, strawberry jam and strawberries, blackberry and raspberry mix.

1. 5 small glass cups
    2. Some blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes
    3. Cream cheese, sweetened cream mixture oreo crumbs.
    4. Berry jam
    5. Cranberry Juice

Since we were making a pie, we used about 15 oz of cream cheese, about a cup of sweetened heavy cream and milk mix with half cup of cranberry juice. Throw in some berries in there with strawberry jam and mix well into nice and smooth.

In small glass parfait or shot cups, layer a small amount of jam/jelly at the bottom, put in some of that pie filling and top with some fruities. Wrap in foil, toss em in the freezer for about 20-30 min and done.
    Jazmyn
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Are they called donut burgers because they got a hole in the middle
    Are they called donut burgers because they got a hole in the middle

Yes.
    Passion Fruit Honey Juice

Cut open and strain 6-8 passion fruit of its juice in a bowl. In another bowl, put the remaining flesh and seeds after each strain. Mix about 2 cups of hot water in the bowl with the seeds and mix well and then strain again into your juice bowl a ladle at a time. Repeat with an additional cup of cold water. You may discard the seeds when done (or if you want to keep them for planting, dry and store away, if you've used cold water for entire process).

In your juice bowl add about 3 cups of water, taste to see how it is, it could be very sour you can add some more water if needed. Pour in honey, stir and mix well and adjust amount of honey to taste until preferred.

Bottle it and can store in the fridge.
    DANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120

Cut open and strain 6-8 passion fruit of its juice in a bowl. In another bowl, put the remaining flesh and seeds after each strain. Mix about 2 cups of hot water in the bowl with the seeds and mix well and then strain again into your juice bowl a ladle at a time. Repeat with an additional cup of cold water. You may discard the seeds when done (or if you want to keep them for planting, dry and store away, if you've used cold water for entire process).

In your juice bowl add about 3 cups of water, taste to see how it is, it could be very sour you can add some more water if needed. Pour in honey, stir and mix well and adjust amount of honey to taste until preferred.

oooo~ I wanna try this >u< sounds absolute yumm!♥
    Jazmyn
    DANNYdani wrote: »

oooo~ I wanna try this >u< sounds absolute yumm!♥

@DANNYdani Test out the taste of the fruit first and you'll be able to figure out the balance between water, juice and honey.
    DANIartsJazmyn