Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Frequent Disconnects

JoraiemJoraiem
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Technical Support
Mabinogi consistently disconnects me to the title screen without warning - in Shadow Missions specifically. I don't have graphics settings turned especially high, I've been playing both full screened and windowed to see if that affects it, my internet connection and speed are fine. I don't understand what's causing this, I've wasted soul stones reviving in G21 missions and wasted crystals on shadow missions. What causes this?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    have you added the folders that contain the game to the exceptions list for your anti-virus and firewall? those are both known to interfere and cause DC's. Also adding any/all exe's to DEP exceptions won't hurt.
    Joraiem
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What does your menu show after disconnecting for the majority of the time?
    Joraiem
  • JoraiemJoraiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited October 2, 2018
    @Ktty Thanks, I'll try adjusting the firewall, see if that helps.

@Kensamaofmari Usually it just gives the generic "Your connection was terminated abnormally. Please wait 30 seconds before attempting to login again." Nothing specific unfortunately.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I would say that most of time, that means there's an internet disruption.
    1. Have you recently changed services?

2. Has your modem/router been moved?

3. Has there been any new additions such as furniture or even basic items added between the modem/router and where your computer is?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 3, 2018
    Another (far-fetched) suggestion to add to Kensamaofmari's questions, is to check your actual internet wire. Our phone line (we have DSL) was chewed up by a mouse so it was causing disconnections due to the damage.