Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Squire Likability

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in Help
Hey, is there any way to increase squire likability without doing the stupid arbitrary conversations thing? Its easy with the 2 starter squires since they literally tell you what to pick, but all the others are obnoxious, and going out with them once a week isnt enough to let me train them as much as I need to. Even if its a cash shop item or something I would be ok with that as long as its an ok amount of likability.
Kaaros

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Each squire has a specific non-random order of conversations.
    Even Kanna and Logan have a pattern, though it's not important to figure it out since they always tell you anyways.

Use this tool to deal with squires other than Kanna and Logan:
    http://mabinogi.tsundere.fr/squires/

Just keep track of their correct answers for a while and you'll find your place in the pattern.

Other than using that tool, there are a few other alternatives.
    First is to spend Basic Baltane Seals at Shuan for a hint for a single choice for the squire of your choice.
    Not very useful, but it's there. I usually only used that to help find my place in the pattern more easily.

Other than that, there's two Squire NX items, the Truth Note and the Reunion Note.

https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Truth_Note
    Truth Note will make that squire act like Kanna or Logan, they'll tell you what they want to talk about for those 3 conversations.

https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Reunion_Note
    Reunion Note will let you talk to the squires again without having to wait for the normal 6am refresh time.
    BronzebreakLidrsterTheNyanCatKUR0_KUR0_KUNKaaros
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Well... thanks for the info, I guess the truth notes are ok, better then nothing, but thats what I was getting at. I really dont think its reasonable to expect everyone to track some insane pattern that requires tracking your place on a spreadsheet just to have a reasonable chance to actually use all 3 of their squires. I was hopeing for something like a potion that just boosts likability, but 3 conversations, thats what, 3%? Are squires even worth it? cause this is a really annoying distraction
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Blortad wrote: »
    Well... thanks for the info, I guess the truth notes are ok, better then nothing, but thats what I was getting at. I really dont think its reasonable to expect everyone to track some insane pattern that requires tracking your place on a spreadsheet just to have a reasonable chance to actually use all 3 of their squires. I was hopeing for something like a potion that just boosts likability, but 3 conversations, thats what, 3%? Are squires even worth it? cause this is a really annoying distraction

If you aren't using the tool, then you're going to have an annoying time.
    If you plan on doing this system with any reliability, you'll want to use the tool.
    Just take some time to track your answers to find where you are in the pattern and it'll make everything else much more simple.

Squires are "worth it" in the case that once they're reasonably trained up, they're essentially free exp/gold just for sending them on long EXP/Gold missions every day.
    The rewards from the random gift boxes from Shuan's shop can be nice, stuff like non-expiring Tendering Potion SS or stuff like free Nao Soul Stones or even 1~5/6~10 Spirit Weapon Repair Potions can also be useful.
    Probably the "true goal" of the squires is to get the materials for the Divine Weapons through the gift boxes and the Squires' Medal Missions.

Also if you can reliably get squires up to Lv5 and 90+ likeability, you can send them out on special missions that, although they lower likeability by 50, they give special Medals. These medals are used in specific Divine Weapon recipes, but they can also be fragmented in batches of 5 as a source of Divine Magic Powder, the best kind of Enchanting Powder available.

Also one conversation is +3 likeability.
    Most likeability levels have 100 points needed to max out the bar.
    Certain levels of certain squires aren't out of 100 points, so "one conversation" won't always be "3%".
    So 3 correct answers is +9 points.
    But it goes like this:
    A positive answer = +3 points, advances place in pattern by 1
    A neutral answer = +0 points, pattern stays in the current place
    A negative answer = -1 point, pattern stays in the current place
    Each place in the pattern has 1 positive answer, 2 negative answers, and 3 neutral answers.

Kanna and Logan are easy. They tell you what they want to hear.
    Dai is 2nd easiest. He tells you both of his disliked ones. (i.e. If he says not to talk about "serious stuff" then don't talk about Training/Missions. "Fun" means to not talk about Cooking and Playing, "Awkward" means to not talk about Fashion/Dating)
    So for Dai, you can automatically take out 2 answers, so your chances are 1/4, one being positive and the rest being neutral.

Eirlys is the 3rd easiest. Her hint tells you ONE of her disliked ones.
    So your chances with her are 1/5, one positive, one negative, and 3 neutrals.

Then Elsie and Kaour are the worst.
    They give no hints.

You could maybe get by reasonably with Logan, Kanna, and Dai. Eirlys too, but it'd be a bit more annoying.
    But if you plan on doing Elsie and Kaour, you'll want to make use of the Tool.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited October 3, 2018
    Ignore this comment; Caissa and Iyasenu have proved it wrong.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    No, Iyasenu is correct. Some of the levels lower than 5 are out of numbers other than 100. For levels out of 300, it would appear a correct answer is only worth 1% but if you look at the actual likeability it went up by 3.
    Bronzebreak
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Caissa wrote: »
    No, Iyasenu is correct. Some of the levels lower than 5 are out of numbers other than 100. For levels out of 300, it would appear a correct answer is only worth 1% but if you look at the actual likeability it went up by 3.

Yep yep, you can hover your mouse over the squire's likeability bar to see how many points are needed for that level.
    94cbb37519.png
    For level 5, all squires' likeability bars are out of 100.

But for some other squires in the other levels it's more or less.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Caissa wrote: »

Yep yep, you can hover your mouse over the squire's likeability bar to see how many points are needed for that level.
    94cbb37519.png
    For level 5, all squires' likeability bars are out of 100.

But for some other squires in the other levels it's more or less.

RIP, thanks for the info; I never check if things have more info then what's immediately displayed.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Once you get used to just having the tool ready in hand raising squires becomes trivial. I can't imagine anyone leveling them without it.

I say they're more than worth it though, once you get to a certain point you only have to occasionally talk to them when you send them out on several missions in a row which you can get lucky with from time to time. If nothing else free repair money.
    Iyasenu