Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi in Steam outside of the US

TessikaTessika
Mabinogi Rep: 765
in Help
Dear Support,
could you apply to Steam stopping the IP block for Mabinogi outside of the US? I'm using Steam quite alot and had often problems with the Nexon Launcher. For many players it is the only way because Steam blocks players from playing Mabinogi if you aren't in the USA. I know that is something from the time when there still were Mabi-EU Servers but that's already long ago. It would be great if it only needs an email from you to Steam to change that (even it it's a little more complicated). Please do something about it!

I would also like to hear of other players that have the same problem. Please stand up and let them know!
SherriBiting_ChickenNegumikoCallantheRobykyun

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have tried using both nexon launcher and steam to play mabi and things run smoother with steam every time. nexon launcher is just filled with random little bugs and problems that ruin can ruin game play. steam can also launch mabi faster as well. on nexon launcher it takes around 5 to 7 minutes to fully load up mabi and closer to 20 minutes if there is a problem and steam takes about 3 minutes to fully load mabi and on the rare occasion it does have a problem (like once every 2 or 3 months in my experience.) it only takes 5 minutes or less to fix. so yes I could understand why some people in different countries would like to be able to play mabi using steam instead, we don't really need a IP block for the steam version but I suspect they keep it in anyway so some players will still have to use nexon launcher for whatever reason.
  • TessikaTessika
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Steam is also the only way for Vista users to play Mabinogi as far as i know.