Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Final Hit for Elves

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    What about letting giants use Throwing Attack with things other than atlatls, like 1H melee weapons?
    THICCthighssavelives
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited October 17, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    Or just give all skills to all races, including stomp and hide, and just make the difference in races cosmetic. Right now, the differences between gender and age are purely cosmetic, since a schoolgirl old enough to be in grade five can beat the snot out of a 25 year old, 10 foot tall, mountain-man.

Gender is for obvious reasons, however age does affect stat gain upon level.

I don't think that races should be merely cosmetic, and I actually want to see MORE races in-game. That being said, I don't think there should be an easy 'only use high elf for magic' obvious pick, like in ESO. Having non-cosmetic differences allows players to express themselves, interests Explorers in Bartle's Taxonomy, and allows for players to better roleplay, potentially. The game is very obviously about being a 'jack of all trades', but there are still some variances that prevent us all from having the exact same equipment set.

If we did become all the same though, first thing I'm doing is becoming a Giant Fighter like Bob from Winter Moon, which is otherwise a plan am reserving for if/when I ever play a Giant character.
    Jazmyn
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    I don't think they need fh nor do i think they should be able to duel wield unless they were forced to use a "small" weapon in their off hand. If this was done it would be interesting if the off hand damage was based on Dex and not str for all races.

Also find it interesting how ppl focus on bows for elfs dispte their overwhelming magic advantage. Why use fh when you can mass spam ice spear for ludicrously cheap compared to other races. It's easy as an elf to get fast enough to cast 4 charges before the ice even breaks locking down entire rooms
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    ThePravin wrote: »
    I don't think they need fh nor do i think they should be able to duel wield unless they were forced to use a "small" weapon in their off hand. If this was done it would be interesting if the off hand damage was based on Dex and not str for all races.

Also find it interesting how ppl focus on bows for elfs dispte their overwhelming magic advantage. Why use fh when you can mass spam ice spear for ludicrously cheap compared to other races. It's easy as an elf to get fast enough to cast 4 charges before the ice even breaks locking down entire rooms

Elves also have Hydra/Hide. The reason is people who have elven characters want it.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Since humans are pawning off FH to the giants, we might as well give elves AR while increasing the CD to 10 seconds for humans and elves get a 0.5 CD for their version.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Give everyone the same skills same speed, same powers etc and only then can everything can be truly equal leaving the only difference for races is looks. If that's what everyone wants, then give it to them. But it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
    BronzebreakJazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Since humans are pawning off FH to the giants, we might as well give elves AR while increasing the CD to 10 seconds for humans and elves get a 0.5 CD for their version.

I'd quit. Elves already have their version of FH and AR in final shot.
    Bronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I just remembered, Im a human and I don't have final hit hahaha!
    Jazmyn