Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Mabinogi won't launch from the Nexon Launcher

GhostlyGhostly
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in Technical Support
I'm currently having an issue where the game won't launch when I try to launch it from the Nexon launcher. I'll click "play" and it asks if I want to launch the application, but nothing happens once I say yes. I've tried repairing the game files, restarting my computer, and redownloading the game. It worked just fine last night. Does anyone know how I can fix this

Comments

• LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    I'm having same issue.
  • vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    I'm having the same problem. It worked fine 2 hours ago but now it won't work. Very frustrating.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Does Client.exe show up in your task manager?
  • GhostlyGhostly
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Okay I can't speak for anyone else but my game just magically fixed itself. I was able to open it just fine, closed out of it to check if it was a fluke and ended up being able to open it once again.

And yes while the problem was occurring Client.exe did show up in task manager. In fact multiple did because I tried launching it more than once.
    vampryn
  • vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Well, mine is now working, not sure what happened. Just glad it's working :)
    Ghostly
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    I closed my launcher and used task manager to close the mabinogi.exe, then I relaunched the launcher and logged back into it. Then I launched the game and it instantly launched. I don't know if that is a coincidence or if the game launcher services are fixed.
    Sometimes the client has some issues, whether it did not completely close from the previous session or it is just slow loading up.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    my issue is that i get the little black box that says it's loading the launcher, but it just keeps loading the launcher box instead....it just flickers like it's stuck in a loop....Task Manager can't shut it down either....it shows two instances even though i only launched it once.....had to restart pc to clear it out....tried to relaunch it....same thing....had to restart pc again to clear it....hopefully it'll spontaneously fix itself like the other posters on here
  • ookieookie
    it launched on my other pc no problem....did notice it had to update the laucher even though i played on that pc yesterday....this pc is far better than the one it is working on so i doubt it's the pc......conclusion is that it's a random glitch with the updating process of the launcher itself....will try on this one again
    ookie wrote: »
    it launched on my other pc no problem....did notice it had to update the laucher even though i played on that pc yesterday....this pc is far better than the one it is working on so i doubt it's the pc......conclusion is that it's a random glitch with the updating process of the launcher itself....will try on this one again

Check if there is the nexon runtime process and try to end that as well.

But at this point, sounds like either some file went missing or got corrupt/damaged.

Also it would help if you can add more descriptions such as what the Nexon launcher box says and/or if any popup messages show on why you can't end the processes.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    edited October 18, 2018
    Can't play, either, since today's update. However, I do get an error message:

js_error_2.png

The client never appears in the Task Manager, though the Launcher claims I'm "currently in game," then after a bit it goes back to "Play," but if I click on it the same thing happens again. I'm also not able to log out, the same error occurs.
    Have you tried repairing installation?
  • lucifernlucifern
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    got the "cant find 'New'" problem again
  • ookieookie
    edited October 19, 2018
    Multiposts have been merged. Please do not spam posts.

i uninstalled the launcher then reinstalled it ...still no good...gonna try to just copy the updated files from the one pc to the other....see if that'll bypass the launching issue....as for popups it only shows the beginning mini black window that says it's starting the launcher right after i click on the icon on my desktop....it never actually gets to the launcher...just keeps boot looping the program without going anywhere....even in the task manager it shows it starts...stops....starts....stops....etc in an endless cycle....have to log off Windows user account to clear it because the process can not be 'ended' within task manager

replaced the patch files with the working updated ones from the other pc.....didn't work....replaced the entire Launcher folder with the updated one.....didn't work either......it started up as though it was finally gonna get past the initial boot of the launcher, but then popped back up with the same small black box trying to launch the launcher in an endless cycle.....when i do try to end the process under task manager i get a popup that says 'one or more processes can not be stopped' ....no actual error code.....it looks like it just begins to load the client in task manager then it quickly goes away continuing the 'boot loop'

when the game goes from working before an update to not working after an update then it is NOT the end user's computer...please don't offer suggestions that say i need to fix MY computer.....there is a glitch in the update that has affect not just mine, but other user's computers as well....no need to add exceptions to antivirus and all that when the problem still happens with the antivirus completely disabled....this is a patch issue not a pc issue.....guess we'll just have to wait for Nexon to fix it with a new, and hopefully BETTER, patch
  • ookieookie
    fixed after Nexon Launcher Maintenance....well, sort of.....it now gets to the actual launcher, but wants to verify accounts....after verified successfully it wants to REINSTALL all the games.....nnoooooooo

games are on a separate hard drive for space reasons....plenty of space on both actually ....i redirected the launcher to where the games have been located fine for years, but it still wants to reinstall the game while also saying there's no space to install it....even in the default location on the main drive....despite having hundreds of gigs available....even went ahead, and (reluctantsly) deleted Mabi from the 2nd drive.....launcher still says not enough space....grrrr.....it does the same for the other games on there too....Vindictus, MapleStory 1 & 2 ....again, even after all this, the other pc runs it just fine even after the newest launcher update / verification ....thinking about a default installation to see if it'll run ....then uninstall to reinstall it back on the other hard drive....if it works then i'll have to uninstall the other games too then reinstall them all

i'll post a successful conclusion if any of it works....lol
  • ookieookie
    FINALLY.....successful conclusion time

after Mabi has done several maintenances since the initial issue the Launcher now works....still had to re-verify.....again......but this time allowed the game to be reinstalled guess where....yup....back on the secondary hard drive where i initially had it in the first place.....no more complaining about being out of space (when i had close to a terabyte still available on that particular drive).....but....all is running now....thank you Nexon for your diligence in continual maintenaces ..... they do help
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Usually the updates reset the path...all you have to do is stop the re-installation and tell it where it's at. It's pretty much a quick fix.

For the others with the launcher issue.....sometimes waiting 10-15 minutes to finish what it's doing as it could be snagged on something while installing. If there is an issue with it....you could re-install the launcher, just be sure to flush out all the data for it so there is a clean installation.

The Java Script....did you verify the files as well? Not sure what you have tried to fix the issue. It could be an array of things.

What I don't like about any of the recent programs is that they don't remove themselves completely when uninstalling from the computer to allow a fresh installation. They should have their own clean-up file should things go sour imo.
  • AuroraWolfAuroraWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I think I am having the same issue. The Nexon Launcher will start up and then a few seconds later it disappears. I watched task manager and it doesn't have anything new start up at that point. I have ensured my anti-virus is off during download and have it excluded from my DEP. I have tried a fresh install 3 times and still have the same issue. It had been working without issue for a year now but this started with the most recent maintenance a few days ago. I really don't want to have to wait for the next update but this is the only computer I have that can run Mabinogi. Is there anything else I could do to try and get it to work again?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    AuroraWolf wrote: »
    .... It had been working without issue for a year now but this started with the most recent maintenance a few days ago. I really don't want to have to wait for the next update but this is the only computer I have that can run Mabinogi. Is there anything else I could do to try and get it to work again?

There were updates to windows recently also. Did you try removing the recent update to see if that was the cause? You state that your A-V is off during download. What about after? is it running when you try to run the launcher? If so you need to add an exception to your A-V (and any other anti-malware software you have) as well as to your firewall. I suggest adding the entire launcher directory to your A-V's list of exceptions.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited March 12, 2019
    I'm having an issue with the launcher today randomly, saying its unable to update, then it loads and says it needs an update, then only lets me restart the launcher, and fails the update again.

Weirdest thing is I'm on Mabi already and it didn't kick me off.
This discussion has been closed.