Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabi wont start?

LadyacaciaLadyacacia
Mabinogi Rep: 910
in Technical Support
After the launcher did its update today after the maintenence, the launcher works as usual but after clicking allow for mabi to load, it doesnt. Looking at my processes in task manager, I noticed that after clicking allow, the application tries to load, but then closes itself after a second.
After multiple restarts, the game still refuses to load and im starting to panic.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    have you added exceptions in your antivirus and firewall (this should always be done for the launcher and the client.exe(in mabi folder))? They are the usual suspects when something is blocking it the way you describe.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Or sometimes client.exe just takes a while to boot up.
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    after re-installing the game... and adding exceptions the game still fails to boot and closes itself
    Ladyacacia wrote: »
    after re-installing the game... and adding exceptions the game still fails to boot and closes itself

Did you get any pop ups?
    Did any application windows show up when you tried to clock play?
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia

Did you get any pop ups?
    Did any application windows show up when you tried to clock play?

Nothing that it doesn't normally do.. it just asks if i wanna run the game after clicking play... just as i allow access as normal it appears in processes and then closes itself out... no matter what exceptions in anti-virus, or restarts i run

I was just playing this this morning getting stuff done its only after the update... im becoming super shaken...
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I was just playing this this morning getting stuff done its only after the update... im becoming super shaken...

Have you tried the repair game in the options for Mabi? I had to after last weeks update because mabi wouldn't run just like the problem your having now.
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    Ktty wrote: »

Have you tried the repair game in the options for Mabi? I had to after last weeks update because mabi wouldn't run just like the problem your having now.

I have however still no luck
    So client shows up in process after approval and then disappears?
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia

yep for at least a second before it closes sometimes 3 if it lags...but it jsut...keeps closing

yep for at least a second before it closes sometimes 3 if it lags...but it jsut...keeps closing

I found this.
    Not sure if you've already tried.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2969/mabinogi-wont-start-from-the-nexon-launcher
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    sadly it didnt
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    edited October 18, 2018
    sadly it didnt
    -sorry it lagged so tis here twice on accident-
    Have you tried the following when reinstalling?
    Mierin wrote: »
    Go to this folder, may be a different path if you installed it somewhere else:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher

Delete the entire "patch" folder, then try booting Mabi/the launcher again.
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    Have you tried the following when reinstalling?
    Mierin wrote: »
    Go to this folder, may be a different path if you installed it somewhere else:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher

Delete the entire "patch" folder, then try booting Mabi/the launcher again.

i tried that but mabi still fails to load
    I've been trying to search all over, but can't really find anything.
    Have you submitted a ticket to customer support yet?
  • LadyacaciaLadyacacia
    I'm not entirely sure what did it... but I can finally play again...thanks for all the help! case closed! jsut a shae im super behind in the events now...
    ookie
    I'm not entirely sure what did it... but I can finally play again...thanks for all the help! case closed! jsut a shae im super behind in the events now...

That's great, did your launcher do an update?
  • galyagalya
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Launcher still will not load Dx