Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mana Shield Stuck at Rank 6?

draggydragodraggydrago
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
I have had mana shield stuck like this for a while and I thought I had to use a book to rank it up. But for some reason there isn't any button next to the skill like any other skill. I assume this maybe a glitch? I really need to rank it to rank 1 for grandmaster Cleric. I provided a screen shot of it if anyone needs it. I also open and closed with Z the skill menu, and logged in and out, and reset and downloaded the game. Help?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I have had mana shield stuck like this for a while and I thought I had to use a book to rank it up. But for some reason there isn't any button next to the skill like any other skill. I assume this maybe a glitch? I really need to rank it to rank 1 for grandmaster Cleric. I provided a screen shot of it if anyone needs it. I also open and closed with Z the skill menu, and logged in and out, and reset and downloaded the game. Help?

Certain skills cannot be ranked up to rank 1.

These skills are referred to as "capped" skills, skills whos maximum rank or "cap" is less than r1.
    Mana shield is capped at rank 6, and cannot be raised past that point, even if you fully train it.

Other such skills are Evasion (rank 6), Cooking (rank 5), First Aid (rank 6), Campfire (rank 8), Rest (rank 7), and Meditation (rank 8).

One day these skills will be able to be ranked up to rank 1 (some sooner rather than later, since the next update is going to uncap Cooking, Rest, First Aid, and Campfire), but for now they're stuck at those ranks at most.

The good news is you don't need rank 1 Mana Shield to get Grandmaster Cleric.
    Rank up other skills that fall under the Cleric Talent and you'll have enough Talent EXP to reach Master status, then from there take Grandmaster tests at the NPC Lezarro in Tara to attain Grandmaster status.
    Kaaros