Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fire Wand Spirit Weapons and Stats

HasebeHasebe
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Help
Sorry if there was already a thread like this I looked for it in the search function but I couldn't find any :(

In this thread it states that for Phoenix Fire Wands, leveling
STR increases mana consumption reduction
DEX increases cast speed
INT increases magic damage.
However, for normal Fire Wands, you don't get these magical stats and gain the normal stats (STR; weapon damage, DEX; injury rate, etc.) instead.

But in a different thread I read that all wand spirit weapons gain the same magical stats, so you should always level INT over STR if you have a wand ego.
If only Phoenix Fire Wands get these stats, why do so many people make spirit weapons with the normal Fire Wand?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Mainly because the Fire Wand Ego gains +4 Chaincasting by Social level 21.
    And because Str for regular Fire Wand increases the wands damage, which translates directly to extra damage for Firebolt, so it gets really powerful at higher ego strength levels.
    Couple it with reforges that increase casting speed, or Firebolt Max damage, and you get a rather high damaging single target attack for an ego that isn't difficult to find repairs for.

The Magic Attack increase from Phoenix Fire Wand's Int stat barely makes a dent.
    Actually, all of the bonuses from the "intermediate" wands, like Phoenix Fire Wand, Crown Ice, Crystal Lightning, are the same for each of them.
    And none of them are particularly noticeable.

I wanna say they cap out at -7% mana consumption, +28% casting speed, +10 Magic Attack, and +11% critical damage,
    Most of which pale in comparison to their regular upgraded/special upgraded counterparts.
    Or just plain other magic weapons.
    Hasebe
  • HasebeHasebe
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    @Iyasenu Thank you! That makes sense.