Check out the patch notes for the July 16th update, P.E.T. Part 1: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23332/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please stop having two gachas at the same time...

Comments

  • RoxwellRoxwell
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Posts: 23
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Let's boycott and refuse to buy these crappy gachas. I really dislike the idea of Special outfits with idle and others without idle. What is this crap? They keep trying to rip us off. Why Beauty Gacha exists as well? Smh. Getting really greedy I see.

    I understand the frustration on getting one without the idle when the idle is what you want.
    But honestly...
    Myself, I sometimes want the non idle. Because I like the outfit, but don't like the flashy or awkward idle. owo
    AlexisEU
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,500
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited November 19, 2018
    There is nothing wrong with having outfits that have an idle and that have a non-movement. Sometimes people want a certain idle for one outfit but may not like the idle of another.
    The same goes with having multi-gacha's at once. Nexon is not the only gaming company that does that and I don't really see other communities complaining as much as the small amount of people here on. Some people may want to spend NX but not like one gacha but love another. Example: I LOVE the Homestead gacha, I spend about 150$ on it, got what I wanted and made 100m from selling of the things I didn't want. But I also don't like the Camping gacha, so I am glad I had a choice to spend the NX I had.
    It's also not called being greedy. It's called Free to play. Nexon is letting you play this game for free instead of charging you 30-40 dollars a month to play. So they need to make money. All free to play game companies do this.
    Remember also: What one person find's crappy another may not. So you can't just say "Lets not buy this crappy gacha" Because that is your opinion of the gacha, not everyones.
    Also Boycotting gacha would never work because you have like maybe 5-10 people who don't wanna do gacha vs the 100's of people who spend 100-200$ per week. A few people not buying gacha will never ever sales. So it's pointless to say "lets boycott this" unless it's something a whole playerbase decides.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,725
    Posts: 7,474
    Member
    These gachas have similar content
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,365
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited November 20, 2018
    I also want gacha to slow down. In fact, I believe it's killing the game, ever so slowly.
    New items are added every gacha, including: exclusive outfits, exclusive homestead items, exclusive weapon appearance scrolls, exclusive beauty coupons, exclusive enchants, exclusive stance cards, and pre-ranked gear. In theory, a lot of content is added, but in reality, it's added to the players, not to the game. People are spending to get those items, whether with gold or NX; they're not playing through all the game has to offer (grinding for gold doesn't count). Now, it would be fine if some content came exclusively from this source (gacha), but to have so much gacha exclusives is hurting more than anything.

    Some items are no longer available because they were from gachas long forgotten. Some items are only average, and very common, yet are still gacha exclusives. An entire system of animations (the stance cards, which allows players to change their stance with a certain weapon type by activating a totem) is gacha exclusive, even though it would make a great update. Some skills are suffering from the gacha world, such as Transformation Mastery (and all of those monsters that count as exclusive NPCs, like Hasidim). Moreover, having the players interact with some abandoned content again would help the devs fine-tune all that doesn't work and tarnishes the image of the game, like Taming not working as it should because of the Dungeon Revamp.

    I think gacha should not feature only event exclusives and fillers, but rather that they add some of these items to hard-to-get in-game sources, and that exclusives or unique variations are gacha-only. Or, the less interesting items can be added to hard-to-get sources a few months after the gacha passed, and the exclusives and variations would still be interesting enough to bring the gacha back.

    Edit: Also, image is important to MMOs. Having half of the Dressing Room Appearance options locked behind gacha that may or may not come back, especially when the other half is passable, is a horrible business move.
    happyx2055
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,675
    Posts: 7,458
    Member
    edited November 20, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with having outfits that have an idle and that have a non-movement. Sometimes people want a certain idle for one outfit but may not like the idle of another.
    The same goes with having multi-gacha's at once. Nexon is not the only gaming company that does that and I don't really see other communities complaining as much as the small amount of people here on. Some people may want to spend NX but not like one gacha but love another. Example: I LOVE the Homestead gacha, I spend about 150$ on it, got what I wanted and made 100m from selling of the things I didn't want. But I also don't like the Camping gacha, so I am glad I had a choice to spend the NX I had.
    It's also not called being greedy. It's called Free to play. Nexon is letting you play this game for free instead of charging you 30-40 dollars a month to play. So they need to make money. All free to play game companies do this.
    Remember also: What one person find's crappy another may not. So you can't just say "Lets not buy this crappy gacha" Because that is your opinion of the gacha, not everyones.
    Also Boycotting gacha would never work because you have like maybe 5-10 people who don't wanna do gacha vs the 100's of people who spend 100-200$ per week. A few people not buying gacha will never ever sales. So it's pointless to say "lets boycott this" unless it's something a whole playerbase decides.

    By your logic this game is barely cutting it's server costs and not even. RIP mabi NA. :|
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,500
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited November 20, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with having outfits that have an idle and that have a non-movement. Sometimes people want a certain idle for one outfit but may not like the idle of another.
    The same goes with having multi-gacha's at once. Nexon is not the only gaming company that does that and I don't really see other communities complaining as much as the small amount of people here on. Some people may want to spend NX but not like one gacha but love another. Example: I LOVE the Homestead gacha, I spend about 150$ on it, got what I wanted and made 100m from selling of the things I didn't want. But I also don't like the Camping gacha, so I am glad I had a choice to spend the NX I had.
    It's also not called being greedy. It's called Free to play. Nexon is letting you play this game for free instead of charging you 30-40 dollars a month to play. So they need to make money. All free to play game companies do this.
    Remember also: What one person find's crappy another may not. So you can't just say "Lets not buy this crappy gacha" Because that is your opinion of the gacha, not everyones.
    Also Boycotting gacha would never work because you have like maybe 5-10 people who don't wanna do gacha vs the 100's of people who spend 100-200$ per week. A few people not buying gacha will never ever sales. So it's pointless to say "lets boycott this" unless it's something a whole playerbase decides.

    By your logic this game is barely cutting it's server costs and not even. RIP mabi NA. :|

    No? The game is doing perfectly fine.
    All free to play games do this. They need to make money some way? They can't just open a game up for free and not make any money of it/
    You think 2-3 people not doing gacha is going to effect sales? thats like saying those one or two customers who throw a hissy fit in stores saying "I'll never shop here again!!" is going to effect a company. There is plenty more people who are more than willing to buy gacha every single time for nexon to keep bringing out gacha.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Gachapon itself isn't an issue. It's what NX puts in sometimes. We often see some VERY powerful items put in that impact game play and sometimes even completely exclusive to that gacha. (Looking at you Creepy Haunted). My personal opinion is that Gacha should only have cosmetic items, or in the case of gear, either be a reskin of a game obtainable weapon, or have an obtainable game-equivalent. Stuff like outfits with idle poses are exactly what should go into gacha. It does not affect game play, players are free to trade with each other on said items, and they offer no inherent game affecting advantages. If they stuck with that, I wouldn't complain even if they ran 3-5 gachas at a time. Though because of this, I absolutely despise the Homestead gacha, its an exclusive gacha that has stat boosting items that cannot be obtain anywhere else. At the very least they should either be obtainable in game or have less fancy looking versions that hosts similar effective.
    GretapawcalypseZeohappyx2055
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 486
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Gachapon itself isn't an issue. It's what NX puts in sometimes. We often see some VERY powerful items put in that impact game play and sometimes even completely exclusive to that gacha. (Looking at you Creepy Haunted). My personal opinion is that Gacha should only have cosmetic items, or in the case of gear, either be a reskin of a game obtainable weapon, or have an obtainable game-equivalent. Stuff like outfits with idle poses are exactly what should go into gacha. It does not affect game play, players are free to trade with each other on said items, and they offer no inherent game affecting advantages. If they stuck with that, I wouldn't complain even if they ran 3-5 gachas at a time. Though because of this, I absolutely despise the Homestead gacha, its an exclusive gacha that has stat boosting items that cannot be obtain anywhere else. At the very least they should either be obtainable in game or have less fancy looking versions that hosts similar effective.

    I have a love-hate relationship with gacha even before the issue of microtransactions started spreading through other games. Free-to-play games really need a way to get funded somehow...
    I still feel some gachapon or web-shop items should be obtained in the game instead, as though the player can make the item or get it as a reward. The rest is understandably just a web shop item.
    happyx2055