Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

worth it?

GambeiGambei
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in Alexina Chat
stopped playing for a really long time. is mabi worth getting back into. is it fun again has it regained its spark is the community better. thoughts?

Comments

• BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    i have fun playin it, i recommend joining a guild though cause it'll be kinda boring soloing everything.
  • GambeiGambei
    every time i join a guild im the last active member
    Gaby5011
  • KambiiKambii
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    Keep joining a guild until you find a consistently active one :) that's what I do.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    It's worth it to play with the boost to 5k, you can play with most people with that much AP (Plus, with the training seals, getting a skill set rank 1 is nothing. ) So you'd be able to do mid to late content quite well.

A tip regarding those seals every 500 levels is to get skills around rank b to higher, until it becomes a bit boring to train, as that would at least guarantee a rank 1. Things like combat mastery would rank pretty easily through use so thats good to keep in mind.

Onto the main question, has it regained it's spark? Well depending on what you mean, yes and no. The population is pretty good, I see a lot of people actively doing stuff on alexina at least, cant speak for everyone though. But it's still as small as a mouse compared to when I first started, so for me that answer would be no?

Joining a guild can help yeah, but the most beneficial thing is putting yourself out there and talking, a good diverse group of friends can beat a guild any day. (Instead of relying on a guild to give you that group of friends.) My ign is Zuomo if you want to add. Mostly saying don't put all your social focus into getting a guild and miss out on the randoms you can meet.

• BaedraBaedra
    Mabinogi Rep: 965
    edited December 11, 2018
    The memory book update has definitely given this game a nice breath of life. However I would advise caution on who you talk to; people are easily offended and it would be unfortunate if they chased you off for some silly reason.

All of the new benefits from memoir quest line and the event training seals make things easy to get into. I actually have too many rebirth potions from potential level after hitting 5k. That's the only "problem" I've had since 4 of them are about to run out of time lol.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Baedra wrote: »
    The memory book update has definitely given this game a nice breath of life. However I would advise caution on who you talk to; people are easily offended and it would be unfortunate if they chased you off for some silly reason.

All of the new benefits from memoir quest line and the event training seals make things easy to get into. I actually have too many rebirth potions from potential level after hitting 5k. That's the only "problem" I've had since 4 of them are about to run out of time lol.

• BaedraBaedra
    Mabinogi Rep: 965
    I think you forgot to write your own reply after quoting me?
  • ZuomoZuomo
    They highlighted a sentence. So they either agreed with you, or is pointing out the irony of calling people 'easily offended' when you've previously made a whole thread accusing others of "slander" , thieving, harassment and in general calling others "criminals"
  • GambeiGambei
    Zuomo wrote: »
    They highlighted a sentence. So they either agreed with you, or is pointing out the irony of calling people 'easily offended' when you've previously made a whole thread accusing others of "slander" , thieving, harassment and in general calling others "criminals"

well from this im guessing the community hasnt changed lol
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Gambei wrote: »
    well from this im guessing the community hasnt changed lol

Not really, same game overall pretty much. Attracts the same types of people as it did before. Go into dunby and sometimes people talking about politics and what not, go there another time and people joking around. It's still pretty diverse at least, that of course means that you'd have some type of clashes and dramas. I've even gotten randomly added by people who start talking about their relationship?

You have people who just talk all day, people who play casually, people who play pretty often and always want to do stuff, people who just play for fashion, people who just like to have a laugh, people who play the game literally just to not play the game.

There's probably still a place for anyone who wants to join community-wise really.