Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

ATI text rendering bug?

rvxrvx
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited February 4, 2017 in Technical Support
Character image appears under text instead of under the VN chat box:
With other NPCs, this causes some of the text to blend into their outfit (white on white):
THIS_SHET.png

mabinogi_2017_02_05_001.jpg

This seems to happen on certain ATI Radeon GPUs (tested on Radeon RX 480 and Radeon HD 8400)

NV GPUs do not seem to be affected (Geforce GT730)
mabinogi_2017_02_05_001.jpg

System configuration:
Windows NT 10.0.14393.693 (Windows 10 Anniversary Update+patch) AMD64
ATI Catalyst Control Center (Crimson 16.12.2 / Driver 21.19.407.0 - 3 Jan 17 - latest)

Thanks.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    To resolve this, I think you change your Color Depth to a lower setting.
  • rvxrvx
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited February 4, 2017
    Didn't work. Windows doesn't support HiColor mode anyway (not since Windows 8.x)
    I can't even select 16-bit mode because of this/Selecting 16-bit colour does not do anything (because Windows won't allow it)
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hi. I remember there being a thread or two discussing this issue with ATI graphic cards on the old forum, which unfortunately was just wiped out so I wouldn't be able to find the thread to link here. :( There was never a solution found from what I remember. I THINK someone mentioned that they could play the game in full screen mode only for preventing the npc portraits and text to overlap like that though.
    rvx
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited February 6, 2017
    rvx wrote: »
    Didn't work. Windows doesn't support HiColor mode anyway (not since Windows 8.x)
    I can't even select 16-bit mode because of this/Selecting 16-bit colour does not do anything (because Windows won't allow it)

It's ALL AMD GPUs, I believe.
    You have to do it from in -game options, which is stupid because it makes the game look ugly.

I wish they would just get this fixed and not ignore it for the many many years they have so far.