Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to play like Dark Souls?

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
edited December 19, 2018 in General Chat
We have various weapons and different monsters. We also have a few skills like Evansion similar to the dodge roll in Dark Souls. However, the game isn't too difficult or challenging after getting the hang of things. The combat system of Mabinogi is like a dance where the character and the target take turns doing their moves. Same for Dark Soul but it's more like you are doing a ballet but the monster is doing the electric-slide.
On my alts or on my spare time, I try to find ways to make the game challenging but even empty handed the player becomes in-grained to know what to do for the situation. Some raids becomes a spam-fest of a few skills especially if there is enough players around which can be "unfair" for the boss monster.
How do you make the game challenging? What other game do you make Mabinogi to be like when you play it?
  1. How to play like Dark Souls?9 votes
    1. No equipments, barehand
       22% (2 votes)
    2. CP enchants
       0% (0 votes)
    3. No potions
       11% (1 vote)
    4. Play it like Pokemon
       44% (4 votes)
    5. Other
       22% (2 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    We have various weapons and different monsters. We also have a few skills like Evansion similar to the dodge roll in Dark Souls. However, the game isn't too difficult or challenging after getting the hang of things. The combat system of Mabinogi is like a dance where the character and the target take turns doing their moves.

Sorry, but not really in my opinion...

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Without any "real" dodge move, I don't think Mabi could ever come close to SoulBorne or Monster Hunter. You can use Anchor Rush for that purpose, but it will never replace a real dodge/roll. Hopefully, Evasion rank 5 and up will serve that purpose, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

And I play Mabinogi like I play Yakuza: punch fast, punch hard, and take off your shirt while yelling "NISHIKIIIII!!!" Oh, and karaoke.
    pawcalypseBuffalosVeylaine
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The way mabi is designed this will likely never happen. Either it would conflict with the designs of many skills and mobs or Nexon just not wanting to gamble a total Remake of Mabinogi of it's entirety.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Greta wrote: »
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    We have various weapons and different monsters. We also have a few skills like Evansion similar to the dodge roll in Dark Souls. However, the game isn't too difficult or challenging after getting the hang of things. The combat system of Mabinogi is like a dance where the character and the target take turns doing their moves.

Sorry, but not really in my opinion...

I mean that in that we just don't stand there; the target and player do move around. However, some monsters do stay put and the player doesn't take the "lead" all the time.
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    A hard mode server would be pretty rad.
    Maplestory has done that a few times now, mobs will hit like a truck, have more hp and money's more scarce.
    Fun times.
    pawcalypse
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited December 19, 2018
    nah mabinogi is nothing like dark souls or pokemon? how like sure you can get a few pets but one could call plenty of other games pokemon far better then mabinogi or the small point dark souls doesnt have a leveling system and mabinogi becomes easy really fast it sounds silly to leave your skills at rank f just for kicks and giggles as you cant solo alot of dungeons at this point and will always be limited to a few dungeons
  • InJectTheFluxPoisonInJectTheFluxPoison
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    To play like dark souls you must play a dark souls game........
    pawcalypseTHICCthighssavelivesAlexisEUGretaVeylaineBlissfulkillImaizumi
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

if u want to play it like darksouls do this:
    step 1 - obtain Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon Pass
    step 2 - drop or store to bank all ur equipments and weapons
    (infact it might be better to empty ur inventory)
    step 3 - rebirth to lvl 1 dont use any titles
    step 4 - drink all ur potions till ur pot poisoned
    (optional - u should also drink tendering pots before entering or when inside
    step 5 - diactivate all ur totems and any stat modifiers
    step 6 - enter rabbie phantasm and enjoy
    pawcalypseVeylaine
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 19, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    if u want to play it like darksouls do this:
    step 1 - obtain Rabbie Phantasm Dungeon Pass
    step 2 - drop or store to bank all ur equipments and weapons
    (infact it might be better to empty ur inventory)
    step 3 - rebirth to lvl 1 dont use any titles
    step 4 - drink all ur potions till ur pot poisoned
    (optional - u should also drink tendering pots before entering or when inside
    step 5 - diactivate all ur totems and any stat modifiers
    step 6 - enter rabbie phantasm and enjoy

That's a good idea, but I think most of us won't even need to do step 2-5 to still fail it miserably. :D
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited December 23, 2018
    This game is harder than dark souls. 10+ years and the meta-game is only getting crazier wit the end nowhere in sight. o3o
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Avoid using bash. Go back to G1-G3 basics. Be nude.
    Veylainepawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    The Legacy server I suggested awhile back would be also a good note to dog pile onto this.
    pawcalypse
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Why does every single game or mention of difficulty always relate back to dark souls? FFS monster hunter world got called "The dark souls of monster hunter games" when even after all the updates it's still the easiest game in the series, and LITERALLY NOTHING LIKE DARK SOULS. If dark souls 4 ever comes out people gonna be saying "Dark souls 4 is the dark souls of the dark souls series"
    Blissfulkillpawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Why does every single game or mention of difficulty always relate back to dark souls? FFS monster hunter world got called "The dark souls of monster hunter games" when even after all the updates it's still the easiest game in the series, and LITERALLY NOTHING LIKE DARK SOULS. If dark souls 4 ever comes out people gonna be saying "Dark souls 4 is the dark souls of the dark souls series"

Everything is dark souls to the weak and meek minded my friend...
    pawcalypse
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Is it too late for me to bring in the "Spam Evasion" joke?