Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Snowball fight event?

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in General Chat
Kinda disappointed with the snowman being the "Snow ball event" for us, i mean its kinda a fun gimmick but only for those who managed to buy the pet since it carries a glove to gather snowballs from the snowman for a wopping 50$ depending where you live, id value this snowman as merely of 17$ hiding it behind gacha was almost a message of a NO for the event but with snow kicked in our faces with this pet from gacha or 50$

I guess this is a way for us to make our own fun with this gimmick of throwing snowballs but what about those who lack the pet or the glove? I am sure at least most of us like the snowball fight event. Although I had no say since I ended up getting the pet because of the AOE debuff and the dex it had, if not for the guarantee to get snowman by buying 10 gacha boxes id prob never had bought it. Opened 10 boxes and not a single snowman other from the guarantee snowman, a flat reminder of just how much of these snowballs that were thrown in my face had a rock in it. The PTSD from failing gacha is getting to me again, at least i ended up with the pet even if i had to spend unnecessary amount for it.

I miss the good old times when holiday events such as halloween when I saw alot of players ended up as zombies, yea that happend once. Don't know if its as fun anymore but it was quite a quality depth of humor for us. I can't say the Holiday Math dungeon was bad but its boring only motive to even do it was for a new 2nd title, some Christmas decro for your Homestead, even a chance for some extra gold on the way with adv passes. Dungeons no longer fun anymore when we had experienced alot of awful things in the end for it, most of loot drop rates for stuff we need and wanted since its more or less a means to an end.

anyways my wall of text is getting bigger so I will get straight to the point, do you guys also wanted a "Real" snowball event and not this joke of a pet to be that snowball event for ya? sure the pet is good but i also would of wanted a snowball event at least THAT event was fun for this holiday. Maybe a giant evil snowman wanted to throw snowballs full of rocks terrorizing those who dare to try to stop it? Cliche but everyone says cliche now since we kinda lived in a age when it already had it all done but does it mean its not fun?

Meh at least do a voting booth of events we would like. Or was i not told of this existing feature?
  1. Want an Actual snowball fight event?25 votes
    1. Yes.
       64% (16 votes)
    2. No.
       36% (9 votes)

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I wish Icebolt had an alternate version of throwing a snowball instead...
    Blissfulkill
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Snowball event is locked behind paywall. ;)
    KttyImaizumiKensamaofmari
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited December 23, 2018
    They probably didn't bother bringing it back because of how so many people didn't play it properly. It was always just "let blue team win."
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The post didn't even include the word event. It just said snowball fight. It didn't day snowball fight event. Nexon didn't kick us in the face, nexon didn't lie, nexon did nothing wrong. The pet is not a joke also. You have a month to get the pet, and 50$ is a great deal. You get 10 good pets + a guaranteed snowman to equal 11. (When each pet is normally valued at 15-19$) you are getting good pets for less than 5$ plus you get 20 dye amps and 2 of those lv 200 potions. It's a great value. Also snow man fight event was always boring in my eyes.
    GretaEncrovian
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I just want ice crowns back.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    The post didn't even include the word event. It just said snowball fight. It didn't day snowball fight event. Nexon didn't kick us in the face, nexon didn't lie, nexon did nothing wrong. The pet is not a joke also. You have a month to get the pet, and 50$ is a great deal. You get 10 good pets + a guaranteed snowman to equal 11. (When each pet is normally valued at 15-19$) you are getting good pets for less than 5$ plus you get 20 dye amps and 2 of those lv 200 potions. It's a great value. Also snow man fight event was always boring in my eyes.

Oh yeah, certainly a good deal when it's the only way to get it I guess. And clog the pet list even more I guess.
    Or get luck RNG'd.

Great deal. Very.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Winter has only just begun...we could still get the snowball event. tbh they kinda killed it when they added a cooldown timer on matches
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Arjune wrote: »
    Winter has only just begun...we could still get the snowball event. tbh they kinda killed it when they added a cooldown timer on matches

Still no snow in Socal xD