Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New (Old) Player

StormstarStormstar
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
Hi everyone! I played Mabi years ago (2014 and previous) and recently decided to start up again. Everything is SO DIFFERENT and I'm overwhelmed! Any advice or answers would be appreciated:

- Do people not hang out in Dunbarton anymore? There aren't many shops or people. I've looked at the auction house, but things seem crazy overpriced.
- Lots of new skills - what is worth learning and training? Usually I use a mix of magic and close combat.
- I'm very behind on the main storyline quests. Are any of them worth the play through or should I skip to the most recent generation?
- What is this weird egg symbol above my character name?
- Are dungeons still a thing or is there a better way to make money/train?

Please help out an old-timer. Thank you in advance!!

PS: I play on the Ruairi server

PPS: Sorry if this is in the wrong discussion board

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    -People tend to hang out in Belvast or Dunbarton Ch1. The Auction House has basically made the Housing Channel and Shops rather moot, so people are free to go to wherever channel they please.

-Chain Blade is amazing, but it really depends on what race you are. GET WINDMILL DONE FIRST WHATEVER RACE YOU ARE.

-If you have a Storyline Quest that starts with Signs, DO NOT GO WITH THAT. It's G19, which means it's up there in terms of the difficulty. I believe they were supposed to fix it so it wouldn't show up for characters until later, but I have alts where it pops up. Go through all of them if you can, but G7 I believe is skippable via the Chief of Courcle. You will need a lot of leveling to do the Divine Knights content.

-The Egg above your character refers to how new it is. This was added as per the Memory Book content. Want to get a billion levels real quick? Go talk to the blonde girl near Glenis in Dunbarton.

-Dungeons are a thing, but they've been made more difficult in Uladh as per the Dungeon Update a few years back. Currently, we're in the middle of a no repair fee event, so repairs are free. This will help you hold onto money. If you get far enough in G1 to access Albey Dungeon, drop a Small Red Gem on the altar. You're get a dungeon with mostly Mimics, Skeletons, Red Skeletons and Metal Skeletons. The fomor scrolls of each of these monster types can get you some decent coin.
    Sakura2503Stormstar