Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This bug still around? [Solved, Sorta?]

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited January 3, 2019 in General Chat
So, I finally decide to learn some fighter skills doing the quest line to help a girl of the love triangle to win the heart of a Martial artist, then I was hit with an Impossible quest...I needed to make a "Pepper Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" then deliver it to Cecilia to complete it.

It only needed a rank F cooking but I have rank1 with master title but could NOT find this recipe ANYwhere almost like it vanished entirely...was this suppose to happen? Were we ment to fail? How long had this been going on? When will this be fixed??? Am I DOOMED to not have fighter skills till Nexon finally do something about it?

Or is there a way around it to get the skills? Because if so I am open for suggestions...Who not so say that this is also for the other 2 characters in the story who wanted My help cooking for them?

Please fix this Nexon.

#Edit: So the "ONLY" way to bypass this bug is to refuse to cook for the NPCs to continue with the quest, anyone who had issues with this, this is the only way.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Typed it in the seach-bar of the Mabi wiki ... Pepper_Grilled_Silk-Striped_Marlin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Ktty wrote: »
    Typed it in the seach-bar of the Mabi wiki ... Pepper_Grilled_Silk-Striped_Marlin

Your likely not understanding what I am going at, what I am saying is this recipe? Its not in the list of recipes "In the game", Ive already found it in Wiki but the game is missing the recipe.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Having finished this storyline, and talked to others who have finished it, there is so far no apparent way to successfully create this dish? At least, those I've talked to or whose posts I've found haven't succeeded.
    I gotta admit, I would like if this would be fixed, cause I felt really bad having to turn in a failed dish, and then telling the other ladies no because I didn't wanna ruin those dishes either XP
  • AlshianAlshian
    Ok, so after a short investigation seeing if anyone else is having this problem I noticed someone had said you can refuse to cook for them...

I've wasted my time for something so stupid like this bug YET to be fixed to this day.

Anyone who also had run to this issue and yet to refuse to cook for the NPCs, Just refuse them, its apparently the only way to continue with the quest.
  • AerunisAerunis
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Alshian wrote: »

Your likely not understanding what I am going at, what I am saying is this recipe? Its not in the list of recipes "In the game", Ive already found it in Wiki but the game is missing the recipe.

I've not tested this recipe specifically, but you only need to be on the proper cooking method in order to make a dish. It does not actually matter which dish is selected as it is only meant to be a guide in helping you use the proper food and amounts.

I suggest attempting the baking recipe following the wiki's food percentages.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Aerunis wrote: »

I've not tested this recipe specifically, but you only need to be on the proper cooking method in order to make a dish. It does not actually matter which dish is selected as it is only meant to be a guide in helping you use the proper food and amounts.

Sadly I do not like to risk losing the quest item for something sorta dumb as to attempt to cook without the recipe when it will turn to food waste.

Anyways its already solved, i just had to refuse to cook for them. Don't know why the option is still there to cook for them, its annoying to make trouble for the players with a bug yet to be fixed. At least I hope new players see this and just refuse to cook for them so they can get the skills.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Sadly I do not like to risk losing the quest item for something sorta dumb as to attempt to cook without the recipe when it will turn to food waste.

Even if you lose the quest item, quest items can always be gotten again. It's not like you only get one chance and can never progress if you lose the item. Even if it was in the list it wouldn't have the exact needed percentages anyways.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's been a problem ever since they introduced exact recipes for cooking. Always thought it was a terrible idea.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Aerunis wrote: »

Anyways its already solved, i just had to refuse to cook for them. Don't know why the option is still there to cook for them, its annoying to make trouble for the players with a bug yet to be fixed. At least I hope new players see this and just refuse to cook for them so they can get the skills.

That quests recipes ARE broken, yes, but even if you fail to cook all three of those dishes, (which you WILL if you accept to cook them, because the recipes aren't recognized in the files anymore and such will always produce food waste) you just lower your disposition with that particular girl, and all that does is affect which girl Keanu gets married to and which girl sticks around in the world for you to talk to.

You'll always learn the skills no matter what, though.
    pawcalypse
  • TechnixTechnix
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    Cooking for them or not cooking for them matters, as it affects the title you receive at the end.

I remember trying to do this whole side quest like 5 years ago and every cooking dish I attempted to do for this quest failed. You only get a few chances too.

Looks like they haven't fixed it still.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited January 4, 2019
    Technix wrote: »
    Cooking for them or not cooking for them matters, as it affects the title you receive at the end.

I remember trying to do this whole side quest like 5 years ago and every cooking dish I attempted to do for this quest failed. You only get a few chances too.

Looks like they haven't fixed it still.

There is no title for the Rush of Love sidequest.
    Cooking only affects who ends up with who at the end.
    Which you can still manipulate with other choices made during the storyline.
  • TechnixTechnix
    Oh, you are right. There's no title reward and I confused them both.
    You're also right in that you can still manipulate the other choices.
    Manipulating other choices to no avail because all the cooking choices are broken.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Manipulating other choices to no avail because all the cooking choices are broken.

Whaddya mean to no avail?
    You can still guarantee who you and Keanu end up with.
    The points from the cooking part are just another way of influencing the outcome.

Think of it like this:
    Fail Cooking = -10 Points
    Refuse to Cook = +0 Points

Say you want to end up with Cecilia:
    Don't offer to cook for Cecilia.
    Agree to cook for Ysolte and Mina.

Since this bug is a thing, you'll HAVE to fail cooking, so in this case Ysolte and Mina would get -10 points and Cecilia wouldn't be affected, effectively putting her in the lead, compared to the other girls.
    By this one part of the questline, at least.

There are so many other choices in the questline that affect the outcome, that even with the cooking recipes broken, you can still get the ending you want regardless.
    I mean, it'd be nice to finally have the recipes fixed, but until then, working around the issues is all you can do.
  • AlshianAlshian
    My gosh it pains me to see an NPC cry like the blue haired Ysolte refusing to help her cook.

Those tears hurts from this tsundere girl who is only shy and honest...kinda.
  • TechnixTechnix
    Iyasenu wrote: »

The points from the cooking part are just another way of influencing the outcome.

Think of it like this:

Since this bug is a thing, you'll HAVE to fail cooking, so in this case Ysolte and Mina would get -10 points and Cecilia wouldn't be affected, effectively putting her in the lead, compared to the other girls.

There are so many other choices in the questline that affect the outcome, that even with the cooking recipes broken, you can still get the ending you want regardless.
    I mean, it'd be nice to finally have the recipes fixed, but until then, working around the issues is all you can do.

Oh I see what you mean. That's a really unintuitive way to play the game though just to get them matched correctly. Just gonna go out on a limb and say that 99% of new players aren't going to see that solution until it's too late though.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Think of it like this:

Oh I see what you mean. That's a really unintuitive way to play the game though just to get them matched correctly. Just gonna go out on a limb and say that 99% of new players aren't going to see that solution until it's too late though.

Well I mean, in the end it doesn't actually matter.
    If you fail cooking for all three girls, they're ALL getting set back the same amount of points, so they'd still be in the same ranking, relatively speaking.
    It'd be the exact same situation as cooking successfully for all three girls, just with more food waste.