Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please stop locking Guild stuff behind a paywall.

nomigid15nomigid15
Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
edited January 7, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
~ Allow free players to start a guild.

I know free players can join a guild, but only allowing Premium/VIP players to make/lead them just seems unfair to people who want a guild they can call their own, but lack disposable income IRL, or just don't want the hassle of ponying up every month. That said, to keep people incentivized to buy those services (and avoid angering anyone who's already invested heavily in them), I'd be okay with there being certain limitations on free guilds (like only letting Premium guilds build/own a Castle).

~ Allow members of a premium guild to enter their guild's castle, regardless of Premium/VIP status.

This restriction in particular feels especially stupid and arbitrary. If you're a member of a guild, you should have access to your guild's castle, period. Otherwise, it just feels almost pointless for free members to even join a guild in the first place, IMO.

Comments

• ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 7, 2019
    It would be better if they took any guild incentive away from vip, and just make VIP worth it because it's a good service. (Rather than just make it so theres restrictions 90% of the new guilds in said free guild alternate reality won't care about anyway, i'd say just focus on making premium better all around, without guild limitations.)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Agreed, they should take guilds out of VIP and revamp it (VIP).
    It's kind of sad that guilds are behind a paywall, I've never heard of a game that does that other than Mabinogi.
  • BASS1243BASS1243
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Maybe is better make a Guild free by anybody can made a guild free, but with limit like 5-10 players, and if u like upgrade u guild size or put a better monolit, u need pay a suscribe, but like a NETFLIX, i mean pay a month for less price or 3 months or a year. No for 1 day, any player pay a suscribe for 1 day to vip account?, no, logic, ... or sure?
    Maybe the Guild system need revamp, not only by be free (not complete, logic) and a add a HUD to can manage u guild in game and add a flag or emblem. Maybe is correct to add it ingame.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    there are far too many guilds with far too little amount of people in them... free guilds is a bad idea
    Greta