Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Roberto Ferghus Duncan

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in General Chat
Roberto Ferghus Duncan.

So I finally decided to start ranking wine making. I noticed the author of the first two books is the aforementioned name. Ferghus loves brandy, brandy was originally a derivative of wine. Ferghus's first name is Roberto???

b7e.gif

lol.
KensamaofmariWolfsingerHelsa

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Written by Roberto Ferghus Duncan, student of the legendary wine critic Pencast.

Oh my, not just a simple blacksmith is he?

List of known drinkers in Tir
    Ferghus
    Duncan
    Ranald
    Trefor

(It's sad that I started winemaking before you and I'm still on Rank F.)
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Winemaking isn't that hard just time consuming my first chat is rank do or c and I never bothered with my main. I probably should just to have all life skills.
    Winemaking isn't that hard just time consuming my first chat is rank do or c and I never bothered with my main. I probably should just to have all life skills.

All the annoying purple blobs!
    edited January 16, 2019
    Yeah changing the flask is annoying

• CrimsọnCrimsọn

You don't actually have to do that in order to rank it.
    Helsa
    Gaea wrote: »

Well if I want good rewards with Pencast.
    But I also do enjoy watching him drink the nasty stuff I make mwehehehe
    Gaea wrote: »

Well if I want good rewards with Pencast.
    But I also do enjoy watching him drink the nasty stuff I make mwehehehe

I suppose I'll copy you and go for rewards as well since you can't use the wine in cooking.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Besides the titles for completionist reasons...I really don't see the rewards worth it.
    Helsa
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    ??? Yeah....I think I'm only one rank above Kensofmari and I've been at wine making a while myself. Not really keen on the skill.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Written by Roberto Ferghus Duncan, student of the legendary wine critic Pencast.

Ferghus
    Duncan
    Ranald
    Trefor

You forgot Tracy, Fergus' drinking buddy along with Piaras, I think...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Ferghus
    Duncan
    Ranald
    Trefor

I seem to remember in one of the G's that what's-her-face in the magic school in Tir went on a binge one night.
    If you have the AP, You can get and master winemaking in one weekend.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Ferghus is a god.
    Ferghus is so powerful, that when he handles our feeble mortal weaponry it breaks. It brings him great enjoyment. You pay him for the pleasure of being in his presence. Ferghus, not nao is who revives us. He holds us in his strong arms, and with his embrace our souls are repaired. He just allows nao to take credit. He is humble.
    Ferghus had crafted us the most amazing wings. But we did not deserve it so it was taken away from us.
    Ferghus is the real hero. He just gives us a chance instead.

Now he has graced us with the knowledge of wine... Is there no end to his benevolence?
    Be sure to thank Ferghus when you see him next. I hear rubbing his muscles brings good luck.
    pawcalypse wrote: »

Ferghus
    Duncan
    Ranald
    Trefor

You forgot Tracy, Fergus' drinking buddy along with Piaras, I think...

I'm not surprised if Tracy drinks a lot, but he's way below in the logging camp.
    Piaras drinks a lot too?
    Helsa wrote: »

Ferghus
    Duncan
    Ranald
    Trefor

I seem to remember in one of the G's that what's-her-face in the magic school in Tir went on a binge one night.
    If you have the AP, You can get and master winemaking in one weekend.

I have AP but why would I use it on this skill? Until they make wine consumable and/or for cooking, pretty much useless.

Fermenting has been left without reaching its full potential either.

Lassar when she doesn't want to fulfil her responsibilities. Don't worry, Alissa will fill in. But other than that, don't think she's an avid drinker like the others.

Malcom must fear
    pawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 17, 2019

I have AP but why would I use it on this skill? Until they make wine consumable and/or for cooking, pretty much useless.

it gives INT. that's the only reason to bother ranking this

You can rank/master this skill in a day if you don't bother with the aging process or any of that crap and use skill seal on the 1 or 2 ranks that requires somewhat aged wine...either that or train it while at lvl 200
    Arjune wrote: »

You can rank/master this skill in a day if you don't bother with the aging process or any of that crap and use skill seal on the 1 or 2 ranks that requires somewhat aged wine...either that or train it while at lvl 200

I don't need int! I just need to smash stuff! hahaha!

I had always planned to do this on the side when there aren't much events to do, but there is always events to do.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705

I had always planned to do this on the side when there aren't much events to do, but there is always events to do.

yea but there afk events :/
    3rdy wrote: »

yea but there afk events :/

Not all are, but looks like the one now is semi afk. But I have set other plans, so Ferghus and wine will have to wait.
    if Roberto Ferghus Duncan is an alias of Ferghus, it would appear that Ferghus would have more success as a writer than a blacksmith.
    Apparently, he has also written this
    Ferghus has written a book entitled 'Collecting Payment Even When Your Hand Has Slipped.'
    if Roberto Ferghus Duncan is an alias of Ferghus, it would appear that Ferghus would have more success as a writer than a blacksmith.
    Ferghus has written a book entitled 'Collecting Payment Even When Your Hand Has Slipped.'

Truly he is the greatest gold digger.
    pawcalypse

Truly he is the greatest gold digger.

You mean breaking people's equips and melting the metal for resale?