Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Basil Pot

TurbotownsTurbotowns
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
So I have 3 giant characters, I need to befriend Wanst and buy a pot of basil from him to get the taunt skill, but I can't buy 3 and trade them between characters. Would one of those trade pass things that unlocks trading of an item work on those? allowing me to store a couple pots of basil in alternate characters banks? So that they don't have to go through the expensive tedium of npc befriendship?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    To answer the trade thing: You can't use Trade Unlock potions on the Pot of Basil.

As for befriending the NPC, the expensive tedium can be slightly bypassed.
    Instead of actually talking to an NPC and giving them Gift Items they supposedly like, instead, just use Likeability Potions.
    From a totally clean slate (Haven't talked to NPC, or NPC has forgotten the character) all it takes is 5 Likeability Potions to open up any NPC's secret shop.
    No talking involved at all. (And actually talking can hurt your ability to open the secret shop, as NPCs get stressed out from multiple conversations!)

But if your other characters haven't talked to Wanst, then just gather 5 Likeability Potions for each Basil Pot you'd need.
    Give Wanst 5 Likeability Potions in a row, with no talking.
    Then after that, go to his Shop menu, and the Secret Shop should be open.

Likeability Potions aren't too hard to get with the right skills.
    You can either Raft in Courcle and use the stars you earn from that to buy them from the Raft NPC.
    Or you can craft them with the Potion Making skill. (harder than just rafting)
    Or hopefully some other player is selling them for an affordable price.

Likeability potions just make Secret Shops easy.
    Turbotowns
  • TurbotownsTurbotowns
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Thanks for the help. ^^