Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Downvote Button

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited January 21, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
In regard to threads and posts, I believe we need a form of negative feedback. We have a like and an insightful option, but nothing to voice our opinion on if a post isn't favored beyond saying something or leaving the area blank, the latter being an ambiguous response. I feel that a downvote button or something akin to that would be a good thing to have as it would allow people to speak their opinion about a post without having to type it out.

In regard to suggestions posts, this would also be good in the event the idea poster doesn't have a poll and one wants to put their vote in without having to type out a response.

Thoughts?

Leinei of Ruairi
  1. Downvote Button?20 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (15 votes)
    2. No
       25% (5 votes)

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I take it someone didn't like that troll thread in Story Discussion?

But yeah, a downvote button would be nice, though I'm afraid there have been a few too many cases of people with hurt feelings because their threads didn't do so well for us to have a dislike option.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 21, 2019
    There's that, but I also get somewhat annyoed by useless suggestions which sometimes have little information/explanation or just weird necrobumps.
    DraechLeinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Draech wrote: »

But yeah, a downvote button would be nice, though I'm afraid there have been a few too many cases of people with hurt feelings because their threads didn't do so well for us to have a dislike option.

I enjoyed the conversation. I like talking about the story with others so it was a little disheartening to find it was a troll thread. =(
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Leinei wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »

I enjoyed the conversation. I like talking about the story with others so it was a little disheartening to find it was a troll thread. =(

Yeah, I felt the same (though I did expect something like that from the OP). But the discussion can still go on, even without the OP.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 21, 2019
    @Draech

I'd never knew of their modus operandi so I didn't realize they were trolling vs. how they were understanding the story. However, yes, the conversation can indeed go on! =3
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yes.

That or at least have Nexon moderators actually start doing something about the trolls somaybe that Mabinogi would actually have a better community.
    LeineiDraechGretaAlexLightTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The problem with a downvote button would be more trolling though.
    [Deleted User]PlatinaKoki
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited January 24, 2019
    This brings up some issues in my mind, and I'll sort of ramble about them. But I wouldn't really care about the feature.

The reason companies don't do it much is hurt feelings. Also becomes a way to further harass users. (Getting together and massively downvoting someone. Or even just bombing them yourself, doesn't take much effort.)

The biggest problem with feelings is that, people may feel like the community is too closed off and may not want to participate. (Even the rep system probably has the effect on people.) It's all good to pretend that people should just grow thicker skin, but it will never happen. On a lot of forums I've even seen request, and had to personally clean up multiple threads about even post count being a issue. Point being, there exist a good handful of people who take these meaningless numbers too seriously. (Either as a way to stroke Epeen or as some kind of personal assault against them.) Heck, to further highlight this even well thought out disagreement in the form a reply can cause outbursts.

On the issue of troll threads, it achieves nothing really? They'd still exist. There will be more, and the new down votes would do nothing. All it does is as kensama brought up, add to the possibility of trolling. Even if you increase moderation, it's near meaningless, because the only reason you do such things is to have fun. (Or for a small amount of some really smart people, because they have some kind of vendetta to carry out, and a lot of time to do so.) Either way, they don't really care.

The only things I see this being a plus for is as was said in OP, being able to disapprove without saying why in a post. Which, I guess is alright? I mean it all kind of comes together in a circle though. Don't like someone? Get lots of people to downvote. The forum community doesn't like some new sensitive person? Downvote them out of here.

Not trying to be a negative person and bring up worst possible scenarios, but I mean, it does happen. Just to me feels like there is more possible cons than pros
    THICCthighssavelivesAlexLight
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    No because I know it would be abused and pettily used.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I fully support this, as long as it is capable of decreasing the Forum Reputation of any user except me.

dyS7Nfh.png

hqdefault.jpg
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I fully support this, as long as it is capable of decreasing the Forum Reputation of any user except me.

dyS7Nfh.png

hqdefault.jpg

Repuation does decrease as threads are cleaned out from the system.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015

Repuation does decrease as threads are cleaned out from the system.

Initiate blissfulkill quest for bribing for thread deletions.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow okay.
    Blissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »
    Wow okay.

I still love you, Greta-sama. <3
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Greta wrote: »
    There's that, but I also get somewhat annyoed by useless suggestions which sometimes have little information/explanation or just weird necrobumps.

Same. It doesn't help a simple "Report" doesn't seem to cut it in closing threads because a TC wanted to act as a Call of Duty 12 year old because his suggestion is instantly derailed to oblivion. Which I wish moderators could delete/lock the thread.