Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alby Beginner Dungeon doesn't exist.

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
edited February 5, 2019 in Help
What is the Issue?
Dropping an Alby Beginner pass given from Trefor generates an Alby normal. Attempting to enter another Alby Beginner in a short period brings you back to the same Alby Dungeon, indicating that the Alby Beginner pass is generating a dungeon like a dropped item, and not a pass.

What steps must be taken to recreate the issue?
Talk to Trefor, Ask for an Alby Beginner Pass using the option given.
Place the Alby Beginner Pass on Alby Dungeon Altar.
Interact with the Statue of the Goddess on the first floor to confirm that you are in Alby Dungeon, and not Alby Beginner Dungeon.

What do you expect to happen instead?
Upon dropping the Alby Beginner Dungeon pass, the Alby Beginner Dungeon should be generated.

Possible causes for issues and other information.
I believe this has been an issue since the dungeon revamp, as Alby Beginner is a dungeon easily forgotten about.
My total level is very high, however I do not remember there being a level cap for Alby Beginner dungeon. However, I would expect an error message if this were the case.
I do not know if Ciar beginner is affected, I will test later.

Edit: Ciar Beginner Dungeon functions normally!
Edit 2: Upon delving into Ciar Beginner Dungeon, I have discovered that it is the old version of Ciar Beginner Dungeon. There is no indication of floor, and the monsters appear to have their old health values and the dungeon is 2 floors, in comparison to New Ciar Normal's 1 floor.
Final Edit: Attempting to use Alby Beginner Pass on Ciar altar, and vice versa, brings up an expected error message asking to verify the name of the pass, indicating the passes are being identified correctly as passes, and Alby Beginner Dungeon is not generating properly.

Ign: Giegue
Server: Mari

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Alby_Dungeon#Beginner

"Notes: If you enter with a party or have any character on the account above a certain level (≥ 200?), the whole dungeon will automatically be changed to Alby Normal."
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Oh thats strange! I'd never encountered that before, didn't even realize it was a mechanic, and I assumed since Ciar Beginner worked that there wasn't a level threshold.
    Perhaps there should be more clear in-game notification for this, then.

Thanks for clarifying :>