Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Mini-Game: Hide and Seek

ledlebrgrledlebrgr
Mabinogi Rep: 920
in Feedback and Suggestions
I'd wanna see a Hide and Seek mini-game you can play. It would take place in Tara, most likely within the city walls. Hiders can "sprint" away from the seeker(s) by getting on a horse, which you automatically mount. However, you can only ride it for 5 seconds before it unsummons, and it must recharge over a period of 8. Seekers' "sprint" is the same, but their recharge only takes 6 seconds, so they can eventually catch up to the Hiders, and prevent an endless pursuit. Spectators ride an eagle above the city, which does not unsummon. The game would likely last 5-10 minutes, due to the sheer size of Tara. Of course, you cannot enter buildings or new zones, like Rath Royal Castle. Once all Hiders have been caught, or the timer runs out, the game ends. Participants (not Spectators) would receive an amount of Gold based upon time survived (Hider) and/or Hiders caught (Seeker). The original Seeker would earn 1.2x Gold, since they do not have access to the Hiding Gold.

Any comments? Please share them!
Berryswirl

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This truthfully doesn't need to be a mini-game. I remember organising Hide and Seek with my friends and guildmates.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Unfair advantage for elves. :)
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited February 15, 2019
    I love organizing hide and seek for friends & guild members, though I do it like the GMs do it and give out clues to certain locations which then unlocks another clue.
    Doing it this way can be alot of work, so having it as a minigame would be cool for lazy days.

Maybe a different execution of it, though? That's more like tag than hide and seek.

As for the elves have an advantage, there are events they have changed elf speed for before, so theres no reason why they can't do that again for an idea like this one, the coding is already there.