Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Gold Mushroom Nodes

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited February 27, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Input = 30 Golden Mushrooms
Output= 1 Golden Mushroom per Wednesday
Something about that math doesn't seem very fair, considering the Hazelnut and Pine nodes regenerate every Mabinogi night.
I'd like the output to be capable of refreshing nightly (currently Wednesday restricted) with a higher drop count to make the investment seem more reasonable and likable to the player's quality of life.
It would be nice if these homestead nodes could be harvested every night, making them more special and tempting than the extremely limited standard nodes.
ShadesknightskpkionLadameYuukaku79

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Something about that math doesn't seem very fair, considering the Hazelnut and Pine nodes regenerate every Mabinogi night.
    I'd like the output to be capable of refreshing nightly (currently Wednesday restricted) with a higher drop count to make the investment seem more reasonable and likable to the player's quality of life.
    It would be nice if these homestead nodes could be harvested every night, making them more special and tempting than the extremely limited standard nodes.

Back to this topic. Yes, it's madness and not worth it. xD
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited February 27, 2019
    The fairest solution I can think of is the gold mushroom node giving 3 gathers instead of 1, just like the other mushroom nodes.
    Darkpixie99Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 28, 2019
    The fairest solution I can think of is the gold mushroom node giving 3 gathers instead of 1, just like the other mushroom nodes.

3 per Mabinogi Night does sound reasonable, considering you can gather 2 per channel at one location on Wednesday if you're lucky.
    In regards to brown pines, they are available on weekdays but not on weekend.
    I think they should give golds an extra day and may be another node or 2 to gather from.
  • ShadesknightShadesknight
    Mabinogi Rep: 450

Yes it is weird. It would be better to have it every night even if its still just Wednesday
    Darkpixie99skpkionAlexLight
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Golden mushrooms aren't particularly useful things. They're not one of the daily gather 50 items quests. They are only used to make middling taming bait or likeability potions. Likeability potions aren't too bad, of course, but you can raft for them. Whereas the lower harvesting rate of Homestead Golden Mushroom patches vis-a-vis the public ones is in-line with that of Homestead Green Herb patches vis-a-vis public ones, at least Green Herbs are useful things as they are the foundation of almost all potions. If Golden Mushrooms were much more useful, then the abysmal supply rate could be justified on a limited number of suppliers because of difficult business start-up cost, so charging high prices will work basis, but they're not. So, the Homestead Golden Mushroom patches harvesting rate should be boosted to either once every earth day or once every game day on Wednesdays.
    Darkpixie99YoridenAlexLight
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 1, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Golden mushrooms aren't particularly useful things. They're not one of the daily gather 50 items quests. They are only used to make middling taming bait or likeability potions. Likeability potions aren't too bad, of course, but you can raft for them. Whereas the lower harvesting rate of Homestead Golden Mushroom patches vis-a-vis the public ones is in-line with that of Homestead Green Herb patches vis-a-vis public ones, at least Green Herbs are useful things as they are the foundation of almost all potions. If Golden Mushrooms were much more useful, then the abysmal supply rate could be justified on a limited number of suppliers because of difficult business start-up cost, so charging high prices will work basis, but they're not. So, the Homestead Golden Mushroom patches harvesting rate should be boosted to either once every earth day or once every game day on Wednesdays.

Well, if Nexon had taken care of Mabinogi properly, and added all the gachapon items and unique food into the crafting system...
    we wouldn't have had a skill ranking problem.
    (AP=Exp update shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.)
    Plus the loss of use for pretty much everything, including gold mushrooms.
    Seriously, it's been ten eleven years.
    c08org.jpg
    Might as well send this complaint to Nexon's next overlord(s) in the hopes we get a life skills rebirth update.
    gets-called-bad-by-healer-because-he-died-died-because-helaer-didnt-heal-him.jpg
    Don't let this be Mabinogi when the auction ends! Have those updates ready!

• YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Gonna comment on this because I just built a gold mushroom node recently and I regret wasting those mushrooms. I was expecting to be able to at least gather one gold mushroom a real-time day- not one gold mushroom a week. There's just no value in that when you can gather two per channel per in-game night every Wednesday. What the hell did I just waste 30 mushrooms for? The convenience of being able to grab one mushroom a week without having to travel? Big whooptiedoo.

It would have been nice if the in-game description for the product mentioned that it was a big waste of time before I made it.
    Yoriden wrote: »
    Gonna comment on this because I just built a gold mushroom node recently and I regret wasting those mushrooms. I was expecting to be able to at least gather one gold mushroom a real-time day- not one gold mushroom a week. There's just no value in that when you can gather two per channel per in-game night every Wednesday. What the hell did I just waste 30 mushrooms for? The convenience of being able to grab one mushroom a week without having to travel? Big whooptiedoo.

It would have been nice if the in-game description for the product mentioned that it was a big waste of time before I made it.

WebbedScalyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif
    Yoriden