Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Community Livestream: VAMPY BIT ME & Hoku Props

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited March 24, 2019 in Vault
The gods are here! Special guest stars, VAMPY BIT ME and Hoku Props, will be hanging out with the community on our Twitch.tv channel on Friday, March 22nd at 5:30 PM PDT (8:30 PM EDT).

00J1q-abac4c74-1781-417a-86ea-a580600bdfff.jpg

Stream

Join VAMPY BIT ME and Hoku Props on Ruairi Channel 3 as they play mafia, hang out with the community, and more! Come hang out with us during the stream! As always, there are lots of other fantastic surprises and GM antics. We will even be giving away physical goods!

Don't miss out on the fun. See you Friday!
WolfandWolf

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 21, 2019
    I have no idea who these people are. That being said, I googled VAMPY BIT ME and it appears she is an incredibly attractive woman, so...carry on. :D

Edit: Not as attractive as you two, Katherz-san and Nkeona-sama!
    KingEphy
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sounds like Ruairians are going to have even extra fun!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Thank you for the stream! And for the chance to hang out on Ruairi! ^ ^
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited March 22, 2019
    Was there anything new presented in this stream? I really don't want to watch this self promotion/exposure of these two "online personalities" to get to some juicy bits. Time stamps please.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 23, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Was there anything new presented in this stream? I really don't want to watch this self promotion/exposure of these two "online personalities" to get to some juicy bits. Time stamps please.

When i went to ask people who these irrelevant people are, I was denied and told that they are very popular. Probably only in LA or something lol.
    edited March 23, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

When i went to ask people who these irrelevant people are, I was denied and told that they are very popular. Probably only in LA or something lol.

Let's be fair Greta. You live in a European Nation that many of my fellow brethren in America once thought it to be a mythical place in no small part because IT IS TINY.

1ttxqm.jpg

*Me trying to find it on the map like a twisted game of "Where's Waldo*

I kid, I kid. Sort of...sadly. (Not about the mythical country part.) I just wanted an excuse to post that image.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 23, 2019
    Lol. Well at least we Europeans can travel few hundred miles and already encounter other interesting cultures. :P I feel sorry for people in America when it comes to how large their country is. You travel away so far and you are still in a same state. :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 23, 2019

To be honest I think these people are just personal friends with a fair following. Not anything too significant and thus needs to stop. Because in the grand scheme of things these are just a couple of rando's. We don't need another obscure "sabina" regime to spread exposure for this game lest we end up with rumors and other stupid scandals.

I am being completely serious. Knock it off. Stop this before it becomes something embarrassing for this community. If this continues, well we might be pressed to start contacting NA HQ about this.

Thank you.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 23, 2019
    The most concerning and weird part for me was the fact that one day Nexon are suddenly all like: CHECK OUT THESE AMAZING PEOPLE COSPLAYING MORRIGHAN AND CICHOL!
    Suddenly they link and announce their live streams on all social medias, acting like this stuff has been going for years or something. But it's new. All these years they never showed or promoted any of these cosplayers, but they are trying to pull this off now as it's a normal thing to do.
    It's not like it pisses me off or something. I'm actually glad that someone even takes any interest of this game. The cosplay looks good as well, but i'm still not attracted enough to check out what they are doing in their streams. I just chose to ignore and be passive.
    edited March 23, 2019
    Lol. Well at least we Europeans can travel few hundred miles and already encounter other interesting cultures. :P I feel sorry for people in America when it comes to how large their country is. You travel away so far and you are still in a same state. :D

It depends on where one is located, but the idea generally seems to be that American culture is so difficult to pin down because of multiple ethnic groups contributing, which is all the more noticeable in the diverse urban centers versus the more homogenous suburbs. We may not have the countries side by side, but we do have the people, especially at the more reputable universities here.

Then there is the difference between states and regions, though the distance is quite noticeable using the parameter of our smallest US state of Rhode Island. (Which is still larger in Luxembourg by a small margin, though we seem to have packed in twice the amount of people. :/ )

I have not been to Europe, but it seems it would be the case and do plan to travel there if not immigrate in order to expand my harem with the world's most beautiful women see the sites. :D

To be honest I think these people are just personal friends with a fair following. Not anything too significant and thus needs to stop. Because in the grand scheme of things these are just a couple of rando's. We don't need another obscure "sabina" regime to spread exposure for this game lest we end up with rumors and other stupid scandals.

I am being completely serious. Knock it off. Stop this before it becomes something embarrassing for this community. If this continues, well we might be pressed to start contacting NA HQ about this.

Thank you.

Indeed, they probably given that Ferghus cosplay 10 Soluna Swords already!

18d.gif

We must stop them!

I honestly don't think it is a big deal at all, especially since VAMPY BIT ME does have a wikipedia page, which points to a certain amount of fame or notoriety as requisite for having one. Yet strangely, I do not have a Wikipedia page about myself. The #@$!? :/ In any case, no one here is omniscent. We are not aware of every person who may have some fame in this area or that. I could go around asking people who Richard Feynman is in the humanities department and they would not know, or I could go outside Japan and ask people who Osamu Dazai was, and they would not know.

This does not mean they are complete nobodies, but that there are fundamental limits to our knowledge which is greatly guided by our interests, be it our studies or otherwise.

I never heard of these people, but again, I am not too knowledgeable on the cosplay scene as I am with, say anime, chemistry, psychology, philosophy, and whatnot.

That, and moderators who are that unprofessional will generally grant nepotism to people they either know personally more than some famous person they interacted with. To which to protest it is basically saying that they cannot have a life outside of their occupations, which is a load of crap.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited March 23, 2019

Thank you.

We don't know that for sure, Gaea. And even if it is true these people are random or merely friends of people who work at Nexon, this doesn't mean that there's always going to be a scandal following. These could just be people who are interested in cosplaying and were also interested in the game, and that's perfectly fine!

I'd rather some exposure than none, and I don't want the game to die simply because no one talks about it.

And honestly? They look like they're just having fun. And I appreciate that they were willing to do this, regardless of the fact that I don't really know who they are. ^ ^
    They might be popular in cosplay circles. Or perhaps popular in a specific city, like Greta suggests.
    BlissfulkillGreta

Thank you.

I'd rather some exposure than none, and I don't want the game to die simply because no one talks about it.

Indeed. I propose in order to keep the game alive, that you too must become a cosplaying star, WolfandWolf.

Please, for the game? For...me? :p
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I'm just saying that getting the game exposure through cosplayers who are their friends isn't exactly great exposure.

Also anyone can make a wiki page. Whooptiedoo.