Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Goodbye

YuoichiYuoichi
Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
in Town Square
Guess it's time to stop playing mabi
See ya later ploxs

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ok.
    Yuoichi
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Greta wrote: »
    Ok.

u damn troll ;DDD
  • GretaGreta
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    Ok.

u damn troll ;DDD

Byeeee. Run before Witch Hunter gets ya.
    YuoichiWolfsinger
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    See you next update.
    BronzebreakWolfsingerDraechImaizumiCrimsọnTheDumbOneDangerousDitchSheenaAlshianMey
  • GretaGreta
    Opalthira wrote: »
    See you next update.

Pretty much this lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It has gotten seriously boring. Something happened during doki doki, people afk'd into oblivion.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Gaea wrote: »
    It has gotten seriously boring. Something happened during doki doki, people afk'd into oblivion.

Yee I feel like its waist of time for me so its time to stop :v
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Gaea wrote: »

thats nto surprising. Doki doki island is the absolute most boring place in the game. always has been always will be. outside of the dailies which you get doen within maybe 30 mins theres nothing to do. over the years ive heard people crying "Bring back doki doki" "WE LOVE DOKI DOKI BRING IT BACK" "doki doki 2018" and im like i just never understood what they found so appealing about the place when its so incredibly boring and unappealing. isnt there suppose to be a dungeon at the top of the islands mountain infront of the pond that KR has access to but we dont?

Dragoolfire
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    What we call "Doki Doki Island" was originally "Nekojima Island" a cat-themed event with it's own dungeon. Nekojima was the original source of the cat-themed samurai armor that can be found in-game. But yes, I agree with the sentiment of Dokix2 being boring. First time, I did it seriously, second time, I spammed potatoes, I didn't bother with it after that.
    Bronzebreak
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Doki is super boring, but it's also super profitable. The people that wanted it back wanted it for the prizes and the profits, not because it was a genuinely fun event. And lets be honest; how many mabi events are genuinely fun to do?
    BronzebreakBlissfulkillKerowyn
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    See if Doki Doki was boring as you guys are arguing, then people wouldn't have petitioned for it to be brought back. The fact is that just because YOU don't enjoy it and found it boring doesn't mean that OTHER people didn't enjoy it. The first and foremost is that Mabi is an MMO, which means variety in ANY form is a good thing. Doki Doki offers a pleasant location with a mini game or two and is centered around the theme of romance. For those of you that loathe the thought, just don't visit the place. There's nothing here that requires you to do anything, nor does it have anything that breaks the game. If you argue that the flight thingy is annoying to get, there was a cheaper option that could be obtained within the day it came out on. Do some potatoes on some alts for a few days and you never have to look back. There are places and content that I personally find boring, but I'd never question why its there because somewhere, someone will find that content entertaining, and you know what, that's perfectly fine. Just because a certain event doesn't appeal to YOU, doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to someone else, the fact that so many people wanted it back means that it has its audience, you are just not part of that, and that's fine. Events will roll along that you will like, and other people won't, and that's also fine. Stop expecting every event and content has to cater to your specific needs and preferences.
    GretaWolfsingerBronzebreakKitsuyashaDANIarts
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Doki is super boring, but it's also super profitable. The people that wanted it back wanted it for the prizes and the profits, not because it was a genuinely fun event. And lets be honest; how many mabi events are genuinely fun to do?

Exactly this.

Samhain wasn't fun, but I grinded it every day for the nice bags.
    Cursed Labyrinth and Little Ghost weren't fun, but they rewarded nice totems.
    Even this coffee event (and its predecessor beach drinks event) isn't fun, but there are some really nice free pets and buffs being offered so I'm definitely playing it every day.

Doki doki usually comes with flight actions, wings, clothes and pets, so of course people wanted it back. If they brought back the island without any of those expected prizes, there would have been a huge riot.
    Personally, I'd been waiting for the moonlight flight to come to us ever since I saw a video of it from one of the foreign servers. Every time I said "bring doki doki back" it pretty much just meant "give us that hilarious new flight animation already, I want it".
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Yea, maybe the end is near meme is right.

I set up shop to sell food this weekend and hardly sold any. The population in Mabi must be similar to Japan's actual population crisis.
  • GretaGreta

I set up shop to sell food this weekend and hardly sold any. The population in Mabi must be similar to Japan's actual population crisis.

Who buys food in this game...? xD

You'll be surprised.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 15, 2019

You'll be surprised.

I understand if people buy Poisonous Mushroom Stews, Green Plum Teas, S'mores, etc., everything else that doesn't go in any quest is pointless though...

You'll be surprised.

I understand if people buy Poisonous Mushroom Stews, Green Plum Teas, S'mores, etc., everything else that doesn't go in any quest is pointless though...

People still go for collections and buffs.
    GretaWolfsingerLeinei
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I wish there were more food shops. Makes it easier to make good catering buffs.
    KensamaofmariRosalina
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790

You'll be surprised.

Unless gen 23 has more cooking related story quests I doubt people are going to be buying things like smores off of anyone for a long time.
    Still haven't done 22 yet but I still find that smores being required to save the world hilarious.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

You'll be surprised.

Unless gen 23 has more cooking related story quests I doubt people are going to be buying things like smores off of anyone for a long time.
    Still haven't done 22 yet but I still find that smores being required to save the world hilarious.

G23 does have new cooking recipes that can be catered for some super strong cater effects. The ingredients, dishes and cater itself would be a hot commodity.
    Kensamaofmari