Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bring Back Bard's Bag

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
edited April 15, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
The Bard's Bag Coupon is from the Music Appreciation Campaign Event over two years ago. I've been having a few people asking me how to get it recently only to be disappointed. It would be nice to have this added to a gacha for a chance to get it again for those who missed it or are newer.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why gacha though... :(
    Shadowtivani
  • JJJJ
    I assume adding it to a gacha would be easiest for Nexon. I think doing an event so that everyone gets one might flood the market due to the number of people of already have one, although that might not be a bad thing. Maybe add it to an attendance event or bring back the old event then?
    Bronzebreak
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I assume adding it to a gacha would be easiest for Nexon. I think doing an event so that everyone gets one might flood the market due to the number of people of already have one, although that might not be a bad thing. Maybe add it to an attendance event or bring back the old event then?

what is easiest for Nexon doesn't always lead to what is best for the community. I would much rather see it in another music event as a free reward or sell the coupon directly in the cash shop for around 5k NX. almost everything is gacha already and even homestead items that do almost nothing are are appearing in gacha more and more. putting a bag that only holds score scrolls and instruments in gacha that players will most likely have to spend a hundred dollars or more on just to get it is just silly.

sure the large amount of money they make off the players that buy that gacha is good for keeping the servers up but that won't do any good if gacha gets banned in the US. no gacha and the game loses most of it's income and no backup plan to make the game money will most likely lead to Nexon KR just shutting us down. now is the time to start for Nexon to rethinking their business model for the US. gacha is just gambling both for Nexon and their players. some players are getting annoyed with to much gacha and the US could ban gacha, it is just a bad business move to depend on such unstable source of income forever with no backup plan.
    Greta
  • JJJJ
    edited April 15, 2019
    Putting it in the cash shop for 5k NX should work.
    Putting it in another event... It would be nice but it's mostly an aesthetic item. I feel that events that give things should be things that boost whereas aesthetics should be paid for with money. This will support the company without causing an increase in pay-to-win.

Make sure it's tradeable. That way more can be bought and players can get the item from other players with gold.
    (did I just contradict myself?)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    OR~ Just hear me out. It could be an in-game reward for hitting Master Bard from Yvona.
    DraechKensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Yes, that would be better. Jesus.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Putting it in another event... It would be nice but it's mostly an aesthetic item. I feel that events that give things should be things that boost whereas aesthetics should be paid for with money. This will support the company without causing an increase in pay-to-win.

Make sure it's tradeable. That way more can be bought and players can get the item from other players with gold.

5K would be cheap knowing how their pricing is. Probably between 13-17k NX.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

the bard's bag only hold holds instruments and scrolls and is a 10x12 (120 cells). luxury equipment bags only hold clothes and gear and is a 10x14 (140 cells) and it always goes for 5k NX. I don't see a reason to make a bard's bag that is 20 cells smaller cost anymore then that. charging 13k to 17k NX would overkill for that bag.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I would say just bring back the event. It was a pretty neat event anyway.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Negumiko wrote: »

the bard's bag only hold holds instruments and scrolls and is a 10x12 (120 cells). luxury equipment bags only hold clothes and gear and is a 10x14 (140 cells) and it always goes for 5k NX. I don't see a reason to make a bard's bag that is 20 cells smaller cost anymore then that. charging 13k to 17k NX would overkill for that bag.

If it does return at 5k NX then that is a good thing, but with times changing and a pending new owner, I won't be surprised if prices change. 13-17 may be overkill, but seems to be consistent pricing for certain items lately.