Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tailoring Frustration

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Gaea wrote: »
    It is difficult to find these patterns. Dare I say, it is like...finding a needle...in a haystack.

More like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles

That's sew many needles to sift through!

Reel it back with the puns Bliss.

Ah, but can't you say puns suit this thread? :D

That's it, I am cutting you off.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    It wouldn't hurt anyone to increase drop rate of the patterns...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Folks have talked about making patterns not expire. We do have the ability to revitalize expired pages. What if expired scrolls are akin to ink fading from over use, or some such thing. Maybe buying an inkwell-and-quill item and using it on the scroll could reset its uses? Or something like that?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    Folks have talked about making patterns not expire. We do have the ability to revitalize expired pages. What if expired scrolls are akin to ink fading from over use, or some such thing. Maybe buying an inkwell-and-quill item and using it on the scroll could reset its uses? Or something like that?

A new minigame?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Patterns don't expire.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Patterns don't expire.

Although now they have the idea to make them expire.
    Actually patterns expire after you completely use all the usages.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 2, 2019

Patterns don't expire.

Expire is an indication of passage of time up until there is no time left.
    In this situation there are a number of words that can be used, such as consumed, depleted, or expended.

Sorry my dad was english and his family was really strict on proper english. Like my grandfather would correct me if I said "did you know" and tell me "you say, do you know". My childhood was hell. XD
  • HelsaHelsa

Patterns don't expire.

In this situation there are a number of words that can be used, such as consumed.

Don't irk me, I am half brit. XD

If you can spell Brit with a lower case 'b', then I can say expire! m'leh:P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 2, 2019

Patterns don't expire.

In this situation there are a number of words that can be used, such as consumed.

Don't irk me, I am half brit. XD

If you can spell Brit with a lower case 'b', then I can say expire! m'leh:P

See my updated comment. I am a rebel now. :D

But I do have a thing for proper usage of words depending on their definitions. :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Ah good for you. You caught the lack of capital E thing; both of them! =b d=
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Ah good for you. You caught the lack of capital E thing; both of them! =b d=

smhlol.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    smh. There should be negative Mabinogi Rep for some people.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Pan wrote: »

But then My rep would be bad because I had alot to say about this game that would offend so many LOL
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 3, 2019

You would be in first place :)
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Eralea wrote: »
    Features that would make crafting more exciting but will never get implemented because they don't earn money:
    1) New clothes being released as tailoring patterns instead of gachapon

To be honest, I'm surprised that they don't put tailoring patterns for rare new clothes in the gachapon. They used to do it way back in the days of the grace shawl dress. (Makes me feel old saying that.)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 3, 2019
    I think patterns should be...

-Released as permanent content as common/uncommon drops

-Function more like skill books, but instead of leveling up a rank, the recipe itself is permalearned and the scroll consumed. You can then choose to craft the armour from a dropdown list similar to the cookable food list without the scroll, with the list consisting of every pattern you have "learned".

I don't want to bother hunting a new pattern alongside materials.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Policroma wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    Features that would make crafting more exciting but will never get implemented because they don't earn money:
    1) New clothes being released as tailoring patterns instead of gachapon

To be honest, I'm surprised that they don't put tailoring patterns for rare new clothes in the gachapon. They used to do it way back in the days of the grace shawl dress. (Makes me feel old saying that.)

What is the point to tailoring when we ever really find any much use for other than as stat filler for dex? They should either remove it or make it so training it was not a huge hassle with how unrewarding it is since most of the fashion is from gacha only as well as events. The old outfits are so ugly it shows age unlike the newly refined looking outfits that are realms better than the old.

But hey...we all know Nexon ignores majority of old content and mainly focus on the new which was suppose to nab our cards, the fate of any game doomed from the start to be nothing more of a giant cash grab without so much of a good thought plan for a feature they placed in a game to make it WORTHLESS chore to do because we get it from a worst better source for the same goal.

Dex filler is all it is...Needs a training nerf to compensate for the amount of needless effort for a skill we may never use ever again after ranking it to rank1.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 3, 2019

Yeah yours would be in the negatives, troller. :)

-Function more like skill books, but instead of leveling up a rank, the recipe itself is permalearned and the scroll consumed. You can then choose to craft the armour from a dropdown list similar to the cookable food list without the scroll, with the list consisting of every pattern you have "learned".

Why don't you suggest this?

Unfortunately even if you could get this implemented it would end up being gacha.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Yeah yours would be in the negatives, troller. :)

Why don't you suggest this?
    Because it's a good idea for once. :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Right...it's too logical.