Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sale Heads-Up! 5/2/19

Comments

  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,365
    Posts: 355
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

    And if any of you know have had to deal with French people and "commercial gestures," that's the definition of entitled.

    Dude I had to look that up, that is a weird way of saying you will appease the customer favorably. Anyway, bleep that. It sounds really formal and entitled to boot.

    Best example I've got (since I now work as a support agent for a video game) is this, from today:
    (Translated from French)
    Them: You had a free thing in the store, but it wouldn't let me claim it. Thank you for doing the necessary.
    Me: I see you're trying to claim the free item from our BOGO offer. As mentionned on the offer, you need to acquire this thing before being able to claim the free item.
    Them: I didn't know that, and now the offer's gone. Thank you for adding both items to my inventory and for compensating me for the trouble as a commercial gesture.
    So yeah, you pretty much summed it up: formal and entitled.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,350
    Posts: 7,353
    Member
    Draech wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

    And if any of you know have had to deal with French people and "commercial gestures," that's the definition of entitled.

    Dude I had to look that up, that is a weird way of saying you will appease the customer favorably. Anyway, bleep that. It sounds really formal and entitled to boot.

    Best example I've got (since I now work as a support agent for a video game) is this, from today:
    (Translated from French)
    Them: You had a free thing in the store, but it wouldn't let me claim it. Thank you for doing the necessary.
    Me: I see you're trying to claim the free item from our BOGO offer. As mentionned on the offer, you need to acquire this thing before being able to claim the free item.
    Them: I didn't know that, and now the offer's gone. Thank you for adding both items to my inventory and for compensating me for the trouble as a commercial gesture.
    So yeah, you pretty much summed it up: formal and entitled.

    Unless it's your company policy, it is way too kind.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,495
    Posts: 879
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,365
    Posts: 355
    Member
    Unless it's your company policy, it is way too kind.

    Guess my example wasn't too clear; this is a player demanding free stuff. The company policy is the same as everywhere else. You don't get what you don't pay for. It just seems like they can't understand that, and insist on receiving stuff because they asked, or didn't know something. Most of the time, they don't read event requirements, fail the event miserably, and demand unsuccessfully for all the prizes because they "didn't know".
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,350
    Posts: 7,353
    Member
    Draech wrote: »
    Unless it's your company policy, it is way too kind.

    Guess my example wasn't too clear; this is a player demanding free stuff. The company policy is the same as everywhere else. You don't get what you don't pay for. It just seems like they can't understand that, and insist on receiving stuff because they asked, or didn't know something. Most of the time, they don't read event requirements, fail the event miserably, and demand unsuccessfully for all the prizes because they "didn't know".

    This is where no means no. Send them a copy of the terms and conditions!
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,220
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    edited May 1, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

    And if any of you know have had to deal with French people and "commercial gestures," that's the definition of entitled.

    Dude I had to look that up, that is a weird way of saying you will appease the customer favorably. Anyway, bleep that. It sounds really formal and entitled to boot.

    Best example I've got (since I now work as a support agent for a video game) is this, from today:
    (Translated from French)
    Them: You had a free thing in the store, but it wouldn't let me claim it. Thank you for doing the necessary.
    Me: I see you're trying to claim the free item from our BOGO offer. As mentionned on the offer, you need to acquire this thing before being able to claim the free item.
    Them: I didn't know that, and now the offer's gone. Thank you for adding both items to my inventory and for compensating me for the trouble as a commercial gesture.
    So yeah, you pretty much summed it up: formal and entitled.

    The dreaded words "I didn't know~!"
    Worst excuse in the world.

    This goes for everyone, don't tell us you didn't know or feign ignorance. It will instantly irk us and make us fall back on policy. If you screwed up, humble yourself and own it. Then we might help you.

    :)

    I don't care if that sounds mean or demeaning to you. You try and do that job as per procedure or get fired, customer after customer for months or years, same old bs over and over. We've heard all the lies and excuses. WE CAN SEE YOUR PROFILE AND HISTORY. Don't try to bs us. It's just as bad as lying to a cop, you're only going to piss off that cop even more. lol.

    Hey Draech, do you get a lot of angry german kids? XD
    Wolfsinger
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD

    Uuuuuh huh... tell me you didn't remove it. There are plenty of aspects of the game that have seizure triggers like the visual effects of spells and probably some of the animations.

    Furthermore, if you want someone to accommodate you? You ASK politely, not demand. You don't threaten. Heck, you could have taken their threat and turned that in to Customer Service for rude behavior.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,495
    Posts: 879
    Member
    edited May 2, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD

    Uuuuuh huh... tell me you didn't remove it. There are plenty of aspects of the game that have seizure triggers like the visual effects of spells and probably some of the animations.

    Furthermore, if you want someone to accommodate you? You ASK politely, not demand. You don't threaten. Heck, you could have taken their threat and turned that in to Customer Service for rude behavior.

    Nope! I didn't remove it at all. I told him I will not be removing the outfit and for him to kindly go on his way, and he got pissed off and kept telling me I was abusing players and posing as a threat. He noted me two weeks later saying he was more pissed off because appearently nexon told him that I was causing no harm to him and they were not going to do anything. To this day, 8 years later, he doesn't talk or interact with me. It's sad and sorta hilarious.
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD

    Uuuuuh huh... tell me you didn't remove it. There are plenty of aspects of the game that have seizure triggers like the visual effects of spells and probably some of the animations.

    Furthermore, if you want someone to accommodate you? You ASK politely, not demand. You don't threaten. Heck, you could have taken their threat and turned that in to Customer Service for rude behavior.

    Nope! I didn't remove it at all. I told him I will not be removing the outfit and for him to kindly go on his way, and he got pissed off and kept telling me I was abusing players and posing as a threat. He noted me two weeks later saying he was more pissed off because appearently nexon told him that I was causing no harm to him and they were not going to do anything. To this day, 8 years later, he doesn't talk or interact with me. It's sad and sorta hilarious.

    Good. Calling players that use flashies abusive to other players or calling them threats is uncalled for. Nexon could stand to implement a button that disables the flashies for player-side optimizing, but there are plenty of instances in the game with flashes. =T

    Glad Nexon didn't fall for his crap.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD

    Uuuuuh huh... tell me you didn't remove it. There are plenty of aspects of the game that have seizure triggers like the visual effects of spells and probably some of the animations.

    Furthermore, if you want someone to accommodate you? You ASK politely, not demand. You don't threaten. Heck, you could have taken their threat and turned that in to Customer Service for rude behavior.

    Nope! I didn't remove it at all. I told him I will not be removing the outfit and for him to kindly go on his way, and he got pissed off and kept telling me I was abusing players and posing as a threat. He noted me two weeks later saying he was more pissed off because appearently nexon told him that I was causing no harm to him and they were not going to do anything. To this day, 8 years later, he doesn't talk or interact with me. It's sad and sorta hilarious.

    Good. Calling players that use flashies abusive to other players or calling them threats is uncalled for. Nexon could stand to implement a button that disables the flashies for player-side optimizing, but there are plenty of instances in the game with flashes. =T

    Glad Nexon didn't fall for his crap.

    Yes, cause a player using in-game items to customize their characters to their tastes is abusing others. Precious Snowflakes at their finest. Also I wonder if they are really having problems because they're constantly zoomed in on kaiba and have them fill up their screen. Imagine kaiba, that 8 years from now, they stalk you in the corner, and you're unaware that they have their camera fixed on you and all your flashy dye glory.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,145
    Posts: 6,622
    Member
    edited May 2, 2019
    I thought this thread was about upcoming maintenance.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about upcoming maintenance.

    Shhhhhhhh, let my unwash fingers silence your lips. I refuse to wash my hands, they will never get me to.

    maxresdefault.jpg
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,040
    Posts: 977
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about upcoming maintenance.

    I mean, if you look at it the right way.....it still sorta is
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,350
    Posts: 7,353
    Member
    I fell asleep and forgot to get a hot spring box. Oh well, no losses for me.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    I fell asleep and forgot to get a hot spring box. Oh well, no losses for me.

    Hopefully someone will have items still available on the Auction House.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,350
    Posts: 7,353
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    I fell asleep and forgot to get a hot spring box. Oh well, no losses for me.

    Hopefully someone will have items still available on the Auction House.

    Well I bought a spring on day 1 for 9 mil, so I'm set. I was going to get a gacha with extra NX to see if I can get something nice to recover all that gold spent.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,145
    Posts: 6,622
    Member
    I fell asleep and forgot to get a hot spring box. Oh well, no losses for me.

    If only more people would do this same mistake over and over again. Maybe Nexon would finally change their sales back to something that's less gambling.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,350
    Posts: 7,353
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I fell asleep and forgot to get a hot spring box. Oh well, no losses for me.

    If only more people would do this same mistake over and over again. Maybe Nexon would finally change their sales back to something that's less gambling.

    Only if you have the same type of schedule I have.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,220
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    edited May 2, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Remember that story of that one player who said he was going to kill this other player for wearing flashy gear? I remember. XD

    Woah, what?! Seriously? O_O

    Yeah empty threats he made because his significant other was epileptic. People can become really defensive and impede on other people's freedoms, entitled bs. I mean flashing lights sometimes makes me feel dizzy and gives me migraines. You know what I do? I don't keep staring at it. smh.

    Hello! That was me XD
    Yes! He told me to remove my flashy outfit because it was going to give his SO a sizure and he even threatened to report me XD

    Yeah that's right, he threatened to report you. I couldn't remember if it was that or that he threatened to kill you (maybe it was both). Either way that was ridiculous. But yeah I remember that story and I thought it was hilarious. XD

    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Nope! I didn't remove it at all. I told him I will not be removing the outfit and for him to kindly go on his way, and he got pissed off and kept telling me I was abusing players and posing as a threat. He noted me two weeks later saying he was more pissed off because appearently nexon told him that I was causing no harm to him and they were not going to do anything. To this day, 8 years later, he doesn't talk or interact with me. It's sad and sorta hilarious.

    Smhlol. He doesn't know the whole forum thinks he is ridiculous. What a special snowflake.

    Anyway, great story. One of my favorites. :D